Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me.

Discus and support Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey there, I have 2 sets of wired headphones. On both of them, when I plug in, I can hear others talk but they can't hear me talk. When I go to check... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ChrisBates6, Apr 14, 2020.

1. ChrisBates6
    ChrisBates6 Guest

Hey there, I have 2 sets of wired headphones. On both of them, when I plug in, I can hear others talk but they can't hear me talk. When I go to check audio settings it doesn't show the headset as being
    plugged in for audio even though it is. The only way people can hear me is if I talk through my kinect but it's far away and I don't want to do that. How do I get my mics to work when people can hear me talk like I can hear them talk? I don't know what else
    to do.

:)

ChrisBates6, Apr 14, 2020
  2. ChrisBates6 Win User

Tried that. All that shows up is kinect. Doesn't recognize the headset at all.
  3. EvanBruceAlmigh Win User

Try audio settings to turn on your mic.

Home button then go to far right and then go down to audio settings
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Do a network test and see what your NAT is. When this happens to my son its because his NAT is on moderate.

Sometimes a hard reset gets his NAT back to "open" and it works.
  5. ChrisBates6 Win User

Tried all of these. Didn't work.
  6. Villarino Win User

Hello ChrisBates6!

Sorry about your problem. Please check this guide, hope it helps!

If you can hear others in a party or game but they can't hear you, try these solutions.

Solution 1: Make sure your headset is not muted

Check that the orange LED light next to the mute button is not on.

Solution 2: Power cycle your Xbox One console

For help, see How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console.

Solution 3: Re-associate your controller with your profile

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories.
    3. Under Assigned to, choose your gamertag.

Solution 4: Verify the NAT type for your network

Network Address Translation (NAT) lets you hide your IP address from devices that are not on your network. For more info about NAT, see the "Current network status" section at Network
    settings on Xbox One

Solution 5: Test your Xbox One Chat Headset

To test the headset, start a party (requires internet connectivity) to test the audio:
    1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    3. Under Multiplayer, select Start a party. (You don't need to invite anyone for this test.)
    4. Make sure your mic is not muted in party chat.

Note You can use the Y button  on your controller to toggle mute on or off.

1. Make sure your headset is not muted and that the volume is turned up.
    2. Speak into the microphone. If your headset is working, you’ll see the ring around your gamerpic light up.

If you still can't hear your friends online after you've started a party, but you can hear sound while using in-game chat or another app like Skype, see You
    can't switch to party chat on Xbox One

To test your headset on a Windows 10 PC:

1. Download Skype onto your PC if it’s not already installed.
    2. Turn on your controller and ensure your Xbox button  is lit to indicate it’s turned on.
    3. Connect your headset to your controller.
    4. Select Tools, and then Options. Then, select Audio settings in the General menu to test your microphone and speakers. Make sure you have your Xbox One Chat Headset selected from the dropdown list
      of devices while you’re testing.

Note When you first set up Skype, you'll be prompted to check your sound and video quality.

For more information on testing with Skype, see the Skype article, Troubleshooting issues with
    Skype call quality

Solution 6: Troubleshoot your connection

Check your connectivity by using the Xbox One Multiplayer Game Solution.
Thema:

1. Headset issues- can hear but people can't hear me. - Similar Threads - Headset issues hear

2. Headset issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset issue: Hello all Just started haven issues with my afterglow wireless headset. Playing the new call of duty can hear the game and people talking but they can not hear me. But if I start a private party...
  3. Headset Issues on the Latest Updates

in XboX Insiders
    Headset Issues on the Latest Updates: Ever since these latest few updates I got on my Xbox One S I can't hear my Spotify OR game audio through my headphones. Mic Monitoring does work though so I know its connected successfully, it...
  4. Xbox one stereo headset audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset audio issues: Recently bought the microsoft stereo headset because my turtle beaches broke, never had any problems with my turtle beaches but when i bought these i could see a major difference in audio quality,...
  5. Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me: Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot...
  6. Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless Headset No One Can Hear Me Mic Issue Xbox 360: Hi, im hoping someone will be able to finally help me with an issue i have been having with my Datel Gametalk Pro 2 Wireless headset which i have had for a few years now. About a year and half now...
  7. Xbone headset issue: can hear but can't talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbone headset issue: can hear but can't talk: I've had this issue going on about 2 years now. All other forum posts about this topic show that a good many are affected by it but the last post is always something like "Xbox is aware of the...
  8. XBOX ONE Chat headset. Issue, Can hear but won't register my sound.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Chat headset. Issue, Can hear but won't register my sound.: First off, yes I know other threads of the same topic are up but I don't want my post to be lost in those threads. Issue: When plugged in, with the party app snapped I can see myself the mic...
  9. Headset Issue I am able to hear my friends but they cannot hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Issue I am able to hear my friends but they cannot hear me: All of the sudden my headset stop working, i am able to hear my friends but they cannot hear me unless i talk via kinect. the party chat icon shows as if the headset its connected but its not on...
  10. SteelSeries H wireless headset - Buzzing issue for people who hear me through mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    SteelSeries H wireless headset - Buzzing issue for people who hear me through mic: I have just recently started using a h wireless headset with my xbox one, it is working awesome!! except I have one issue, when I am talking to anyone in the game using the headset (Via chat cable...