Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

Discus and support Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All of a sudden my turtlebeach headset has stopped working with both Xbox controllers. I have plugged other devices in to the 3.5mm jack and the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CatseyeMcBeard, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

All of a sudden my turtlebeach headset has stopped working with both Xbox controllers. I have plugged other devices in to the 3.5mm jack and the same problem persists.

Headset works with PC.

Odd that the device still works on other devices and that it stopped working on two controllers at the same time.

:)

CatseyeMcBeard, Aug 30, 2019
  2. ravary212 Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

Third party headsets are not banned, xbox is ok with whathever headphones or headsets you use in your controller, but is only for new xbox one controller like the xbox one s controller, for the older controller you need an adaptor, the keyboard expantion
    works with the 3.5 mm jack
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

Have you checked if controllers need an update?

To update your controller firmware:

• Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
      • If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updatedscreen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
  4. Golden Subz Win User

5. CatseyeMcBeard Win User

Have you checked if controllers need an update?

To update your controller firmware:

• Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
      • If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updatedscreen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
    Thanks.

"Controller already updated"

Still no change.
  6. Robby Sayles Win User

Have you try updating the controller?
Thema:

1. Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller - Similar Threads - Headset longer working

2. Headset no longer working on 1s??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no longer working on 1s??: Hello everyone, I have a problem where my headset is no longer working on the Xbox 1s console??? Ive spoken with Microsoft support and they tell me that 2 months ago a change was made on the...
  3. Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works: My brother's Xbox one S (Bought new last April) has stopped working. The audio output to headsets doesn't work and Microsoft support pages have gotten us nowhere. We have restarted the console...
  4. Headsets no longer working on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headsets no longer working on Xbox One S: For some reason my son's headsets no longer works with Xbox One S - works on all other devices (the Xbox controller is the new version not the old on ~ 6 months old). I think it's the Xbox system...
  5. Headset no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no longer working: Hello, We have a Turtle Beach Recon 50 headset which was working fine for months. It suddenly stopped working, so my son can no longer hear or speak to his friends when playing a game. We thought...
  6. Xbox controller headset jack no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller headset jack no longer working: How long are Xbox One controllers guaranteed for and how do you go about getting one replaced if still under warranty. We bought a new Xbox one last Christmas (2017) and the controller will no...
  7. Headset wireless controller no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset wireless controller no longer works: Hey, I've had my Xbox 1S since new about 1yr ago. It came with the wireless remote and I purchased a couple turtle Beach headsets. It all functioned fine until one day neither headset would work...
  8. Headsets No Longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headsets No Longer work: Been searching for many days as of late and have come up empty on a solution to a problem I have recently come across with my Xbox one. All of a sudden one day after turning on my X1 my headsets...
  9. Headset Mic No longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic No longer works: The Headset that came with my xbox one that I purchased 7 or so months ago has broken, I can hear chat it connects to the controller all fine but the microphone wont work. it has worked the last...
  10. Mic's on two-headsets no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic's on two-headsets no longer working: About 2 months ago my Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Microphone stopped working. Audio still works fine, but for whatever reason the microphone stopped. I figured this might be an adapter...