Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas

Discus and support Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My headset is new but wont work to chat or listen when playing on xbox only works on switch, mute icon has beenon for awhile. I tried various things... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gamerboy8406, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:02 AM.

1. Gamerboy8406
    Gamerboy8406 Guest

My headset is new but wont work to chat or listen when playing on xbox only works on switch, mute icon has beenon for awhile. I tried various things but still nothing, any ideas to what is wrong?

:)

Gamerboy8406, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:02 AM
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"A mute icon should never be seen on the dashboard at all, so if you’re seeing one right now, then chances are there’s a huge problem with the system or the software of the Xbox One."

This is not quite right. If you use a controller Passkey to log into your console, a mute icon will be seen until you activate (turn on) the controller.

Most mute problems with a functioning controller can be resolved with a headset adapter and updating the controller firmware, as long as the headset is compatible.
  3. Gamerboy8406 Win User

What type of headset is it?

Where is the mute icon? Is it in the party menu? First thing to check that is oft overlooked is a physical switch for mute/unmute on the headset itself, so check the features on the device itself to start. Is it playing game audio? Just not party?

In the party there are a few things to check. First would be that you have the party/person not muted by pressing the Xbox button to
    open the guide, and then select Multiplayer > Party.
    Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.

Second would be to check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button
    to open the guide and select System > Settings > Account > Privacy
    & online safety
    > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication
    & multiplayer
    , and then make your changes.

Let us know if that works out or not and we can try some further troubleshooting steps if needed.
    Thanks the help but still nothing i dont have a mute button on headset it was working fine then just quit and icon showed up headset works fine on my switch i tried everything, it use to have volume when i press xbox button underneath settings and that disappeared
    aswell. I hope this account banned as my son who is 5 cant use vulgar language and such and only plays roblox. Anyway to find out if it is banned or any other ideas?
  4. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

A mute icon should never be seen on the dashboard at all, so if you’re seeing one right now, then chances are there’s a huge problem with the system or the software of the Xbox One. Follow these suggestions
    to resolve the issue:

1. Test headset
    2. Make sure your mic is on
    3. Are you using a detachable mic?
    4. A possible banned account?
  5. OakGill Win User

Hello, I read your question, and I believe I understand your position. The Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

I love gaming with a headset, I have quite a few myself, and have seen this a few times. There have been quite a few people since Christmas that have had the same situation, a few have been due to a new update, while a few others just needed to adjust their
    settings. If you press the highlighted Xbox button in the middle of your controller, right bumper click over to system, go down to settings and press a, there you will find the settings you need to optimize for headsets. I have included a link that you can
    copy and paste into a web browser to take you directly to it on the Microsoft support page.

I hope this helps

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/windows-sonic-dolby-atmos-headset-settings-xbox-one
  6. CQQT Win User

go to your party screen and press 'X' this toggles the mute and unmute on the party.

the 'Y' button toggles you muting your microphone also in the party screen :)
Thema:

1. Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas - Similar Threads - Headset working mute

2. Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please: Unable to get rid of mute. And headset just stopped working on xbox. Does work on laptop. Tried online help. Any real way to get this work? 44daf2a2-e349-450e-ae0a-582b1c6c1694
  3. Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute Icon on screen and Headsets do not work.: Son has an Xbox One S Headsets worked upon first getting the Xbox in Dec 2018 within a month they stopped working. We have tried 3 headsets, 3 controllers, Console Resets and many troubleshoots...
  4. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  5. Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!: Noticed my headset was not working, and started to trouble shoot it. I power cycled the xbox several times. I bought a new controller, and updated it several times. And still the headset won't...
  6. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  7. Mute button always on/headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute button always on/headset not working: I have replied to a few other people’s posts, but I will post another so the support staff can tell how many people truly are having this issue. A few months ago, our headset stopped working first...
  8. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  9. Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!: Our Xbox has suddenly muted itself, we’ve tried all the trouble shooting guides online and nothing has worked. Firmware up to date, powered down and restarted, connected it by USB, checked the...
  10. My headset is not working, headset muted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset is not working, headset muted?: I've been looking online for a fix to it all day, my microphone (Turtle Beach xo seven) works fine, I've tried to plug it into my phone and I can hear audio and use the microphone just fine. When...