Headset not working on an Xbox OneS

Discus and support Headset not working on an Xbox OneS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has just purchased a headset with mic for his Xbox one S which is connected via the 3.5mm port , he has had one previously but it stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DilipPatel3, Sep 25, 2019.

1. DilipPatel3
    DilipPatel3 Guest

My son has just purchased a headset with mic for his Xbox one S which is connected via the 3.5mm port , he has had one previously but it stopped working so he has bought another. The new one isn't working (we can't hear anything through it) and we have
    tested it on an ipad and the headset works fine. There is a symbol of a mic with a strike through it next to the time in the top right hand side of the screen and are wondering if this is the issue? We can find any thing in settings to amend this. I have
    read posts on other chats and tried everything they have requested without any luck. We have tried other controllers and they haven't worked either.

We are at our wits end and would really appreciate any help!!!

:)

DilipPatel3, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Headset connection Issue

Is the headset compatible withe Xbox One? Some headsets work with PC but not with Xbox One.
  3. whiteandshiny Win User

headset stopped workiing

4. Skwurt Reynolds Win User

Does anyone know if the Xbox one will have any audio adapter of some sort?

5. SP4C3C0WB0Y84 Win User

Turtle beach question?

None of the current gen TB headsets will work with the Xbox One. Wait for TB to release the Xbox One headsets and buy one of those.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Headphones not working after battery change

Hi Nicholas,

If the headset is not working here are a few things to try:

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting

Also, what type of headset is it? Do any other controllers work with the headset? Are other people able to hear or is it a problem with both hearing and speaking using the headset?
Thema:

1. Headset not working on an Xbox OneS - Similar Threads - Headset working OneS

2. My controller makes my headset only work on one ear.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller makes my headset only work on one ear.: So i was going to get on my xbox and when i plugged in my headphones, it onky worked on one ear. I went to check if it needed an update but it didint. I tried to use my headset on my other...
  3. Looking for USB Headsets that work with my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for USB Headsets that work with my Xbox One: Recently i have been using a keyboard and mouse with my xbox one, but since the headset usually just connects to the xbox through a controller i have not been able to do it. I tried just having my...
  4. Headset Microphone stops working after some time of using on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Microphone stops working after some time of using on Xbox One: Hi there everyone, My son has been getting a problem whereby his Microphone on his headset (doesn't matter which make, we've tried 5 different ones) stops working after some time of playing. I've...
  5. Micro du casque ne marche plus sur Xbox one[Headset microphone no longer works on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Micro du casque ne marche plus sur Xbox one[Headset microphone no longer works on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Mon micro du casque ne marche plus depuis 15jours, tous fonctionnais très bien et puis un soir plus rien. J'ai un casque Qpad branché avec adaptateur manette et donc adaptateur jack...
  6. Xbox one controller not working with headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not working with headsets: I have got an xbox one console, and until now i have had no problems with it. I recently bought a new controller so now i have one new and one old xbox one controller. I was using my old...
  7. Xbox One / Headset Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One / Headset Not Working: I am starting a new thread on this to try to get the correct answer. I have done all steps in the previous thread with no avail. Can we please continue to troubleshoot this issue?...
  8. Wireless headset works but Xbox one doesn’t recognize the mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset works but Xbox one doesn’t recognize the mic.: Can anyone help me with a headset mic issue? I just bought the Turtle beach stealth 700 for xbox one. I paired it and the Xbox recognized that it was paired. I followed the instructions given. I...
  9. Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset jack/sound no longer working on Xbox One Elite Controller: Hello, From one minute to the next the headset jack/sound stopped working on our Xbox One Elite controller. We bought it from Target.com July, 2019. Not sure if it's still under warranty through...
  10. Xbox One S - 1st gen controller - Headset/adapter not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - 1st gen controller - Headset/adapter not working: Hello, I recently received a second hand adaptor so that I can plug in my headphones/headset into my controller and listen to audio/communicate this way. However, when I try to use it the xbox...