Headset not working on an Xbox OneS

Discus and support Headset not working on an Xbox OneS in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has just purchased a headset with mic for his Xbox one S which is connected via the 3.5mm port , he has had one previously but it stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DilipPatel3, Sep 25, 2019.

1. DilipPatel3
    DilipPatel3 Guest

My son has just purchased a headset with mic for his Xbox one S which is connected via the 3.5mm port , he has had one previously but it stopped working so he has bought another. The new one isn't working (we can't hear anything through it) and we have
    tested it on an ipad and the headset works fine. There is a symbol of a mic with a strike through it next to the time in the top right hand side of the screen and are wondering if this is the issue? We can find any thing in settings to amend this. I have
    read posts on other chats and tried everything they have requested without any luck. We have tried other controllers and they haven't worked either.

We are at our wits end and would really appreciate any help!!!

:)

DilipPatel3, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Headset connection Issue

Is the headset compatible withe Xbox One? Some headsets work with PC but not with Xbox One.
  3. whiteandshiny Win User

headset stopped workiing

4. Skwurt Reynolds Win User

Does anyone know if the Xbox one will have any audio adapter of some sort?

5. SP4C3C0WB0Y84 Win User

Turtle beach question?

None of the current gen TB headsets will work with the Xbox One. Wait for TB to release the Xbox One headsets and buy one of those.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Headphones not working after battery change

Hi Nicholas,

If the headset is not working here are a few things to try:

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting

Also, what type of headset is it? Do any other controllers work with the headset? Are other people able to hear or is it a problem with both hearing and speaking using the headset?
Thema:

1. Headset not working on an Xbox OneS - Similar Threads - Headset working OneS

2. No headset will work on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    No headset will work on Xbox One: I am having a very frustrating issue with my Xbox One. I have now bought 3 new controllers and 4 new headsets and none of them will work on my Xbox. I have tested all of these in every combination...
  3. Cannot Get My Logitech G935 Headset to Work with my XBox One via the 3.5 mm cable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Get My Logitech G935 Headset to Work with my XBox One via the 3.5 mm cable.: Hello, I've read here and there that it is possible to connect the Logitech G935 headset to the Xbox One controller via the included 3.5mm cable. That's even in the headset's instructions. But...
  4. Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x: Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app dolby acces on xbox do not see my headset. I have...
  5. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hi all, There was another thread about this issue but I'm starting a new one as we still have a problem with gaming headsets not working on both of our Xbox One S controllers. Problem occurred...
  6. Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no longer working on Xbox One S Controller: All of a sudden my turtlebeach headset has stopped working with both Xbox controllers. I have plugged other devices in to the 3.5mm jack and the same problem persists. Headset works with PC....
  7. Xbox one headset stopped working again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one headset stopped working again.: Have an Xbox one X and a turtle beach recon 50 headset. Both worked fine for months the headset starting breaking up then died completely. Went through trouble shooting and found it worked fine on...
  8. My headsets doesnt work anymore on my xbox one..

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headsets doesnt work anymore on my xbox one..: Hello, I have a new headset today and after like 2 hours it stopped working. On my phone and tablet is it still working. I tried to put my headset right into my xbox, didnt work. And in my...
  9. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  10. Astro a50 headset gen3 mic not working on xbox one x after April update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro a50 headset gen3 mic not working on xbox one x after April update.: So my headset was working until i did a hard restart on my xbox. Tried everything to fix it the mic wont work in party chat its muted and the symbol shows up. Tried hard reset on xbox and the...