Headset not working

Discus and support Headset not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey. I very recently have started having problems with my headset not working on my Xbox One. I have tried using it with different controllers with the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir Jarhead341, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Headset not working

Hey. I very recently have started having problems with my headset not working on my Xbox One. I have tried using it with different controllers with the same result. I know the headset itself works because I can still use it with my laptop. When I went
    into the accessory settings to change the volume, it was grayed out as if I wasn’t using a headset at all. Both the controllers and the headset are less than half a year old. The headset is a Phonikas Model H-4, and has worked perfectly up until this point.
    I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the headset, and I have tried doing a power cycle on the Xbox. The controller has fresh, fully charged batteries. I also think it may be worth mentioning that next to the battery life display in the top right corner
    on the home screen, there is an icon of a microphone with a slash through it. I don’t know what it means, I just thought it might help.

:)

Sir Jarhead341, Oct 26, 2019
  2. skys7 Win User

No chat mixer settings

It will only show up if you have a headset that is plugged in with a headset adapter. Means it works with turtle beach headsets and others like that. It won't work with the headset that comes with the xbox. If you buy a chatpad you get a other headset with
    itthat one works too. Other then that the headset options don't show up with the standard headset. Hope that helps.
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

My Mic Wont Work On Xbox

Will need some more info, what is the make and model of the headset

Has this worked the past.

Does the headset portion work correctly, in other words do you just have an issue with the mic.

Can you try another controller, or better yet try using the headset on a friends xbox or take it to gamestop

If the headset works on another controller then it may be an issue with the controller or console, if this headset does not work with another controller, then it may be an issue with the headset.

Not all headsets are supported with the xbox
  4. LeeM8 Win User

"We were unable to find a microphone for these people" error on xbox one S

Tried 2 different headsets one is an MS authorized chat headset. The first headset was working till about 3 weeks ago, it works fine on other devices. Definitely not a headset issue
  5. CJFNicky Win User

Headset chat

Thank you for your reply.

They are all headsets for x box one and all the headsets have worked at some point. What i mean is the headset will work once then not work again and so on
  6. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
Thema:

Headset not working

1. Headset not working - Similar Threads - Headset working

2. Headset Mic Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Not Working: Hello! I have been playing on this Xbox One and have not had any problems with it for about 4 now. Onlh recently, anytime I use one of my headsets (both Xbox brands), I can hear game sound as well...
  3. Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece: Hi, I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them. If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC works but the chat comes through the TV...
  4. Headset not working with wireless xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with wireless xbox one controller: For some reason sound doesn't play from my headset when using a wireless controller. I have used two different wireless controllers and two different headsets and neither of these works but the...
  5. My headset microphone quit working. It works fine on my Nintendo so what happened?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset microphone quit working. It works fine on my Nintendo so what happened?: Headset microphone quit working. Works on nintendo so what happened? 92f8cd2e-0773-491a-b6cf-38a68f2b1608
  6. Xbox one Headsets not working on profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Headsets not working on profile: Hi, My headset(s) aren’t working on my profile but they work just fine on the other profiles on the same xbox... i was recently told to go into settings and into accessories to make sure its set...
  7. Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller Headset Jack not working: Hi, My son bought an Xbox design lab controller 1 month ago and the headphone jack has stopped working. We have tried different headsets and none work. We have also connected headsets to his...
  8. How to get my headset mic working

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get my headset mic working: Hi, So i just purchased a PowerA Fusion pro wired controller and I'm having issues where whenever i turn on the mic to my Logitech g933 headset all that is output is static. I've tried updating...
  9. Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone won’t work on Elite 2 controller: My son has a new elite 2 controller, his second one in 4 months first one had to get replaced due to serious stick drift. Neither if them had the micorphone able to work with his headsets. His...
  10. Headset microphone not working for in-game or party chat. (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone not working for in-game or party chat. (Xbox One): I have a PowerA Fusion headset that's not even a year old and for some reason my Xbox One stopped reading the microphone within the last 2 weeks. I can hear well through it, the only problem is...