Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece

Discus and support Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them. If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisAston, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ChrisAston
    ChrisAston Guest

Hi,

I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them.

If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC works but the chat comes through the TV speakers on both consoles and not through the earpiece. I have spoke with an Xbox Expert who advised to, reset console, reset profile and account but still it
    does the same.

This was working fine the other day so im completely confused on how to put it right?

:)

ChrisAston, Sep 18, 2020
  2. ProzacTheClown Win User

Anyone else's 'included in the box' headsets not working?

Those headsets are for voice... they don't play game sounds through the earpiece.
  3. Mace_Windex Win User

Headset mic not working after latest controller update

Update: my friend loaned me the Elite headset that came with his X1, it works fine. The mics on both of his regular X1 headsets and both of mine do not work, only the headset with the silver ring around the earpiece.
  4. lol UR M0M lol Win User

Can't hear game sounds thru XBOX ONE Headset.

If your headset has only one earpiece it can only be used for chat purposes. If you have to earpieces you are meant to be able to hear game sounds and chat. You may want to update your controller or the headsets through the manufacturers website. Headsets
    can’t be updated through Xbox if they are not Xbox products you’ll have to connect it to your computer to run an update .

Also it could be a volume settings issue. Make sure that your volume settings are set to headset and stereo uncompressed.
  5. Captain Ordo Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter Problems

I have a turtle beach px21 headset and purchased the xbox one headset adapter. The stereo sound is coming through really well, but the mic isn't working with it. Is this a known issue or is my headset mic not compatible with the xbox one?
  6. Districtopia Win User

Echo problem

^If that doesn't work, and you're using a headset, ask members of your party to turn down their volume. You may just be hearing yourself coming through their earpieces.
Thema:

1. Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece - Similar Threads - Headset working MIC

2. Headset Mic Doesn’t Work On Home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Doesn’t Work On Home Xbox: We have 2 xbox(s), an xbox one s and an xbox. I have the live gold membership tied to my MS account and also 2 child accounts are tied to my “family”. The xbox one s is our “home” xbox and it is...
  3. Headset mic no longer working in game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic no longer working in game chat: None of my headset mics are working in game chat. They work fine for sound and in party chat, in game i can hear other people and the game audio settings register my mic is working, but noone...
  4. Xbox headset mic not working on Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset mic not working on Xbox one x: My son and i cannot get his xbox headset mic working on his xbox one x. It had been working since i bought it 3 weeks ago. I got home from work and my boy said it stop working. I have gone through...
  5. Headset Mic Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Not Working: Hello! I have been playing on this Xbox One and have not had any problems with it for about 4 now. Onlh recently, anytime I use one of my headsets (both Xbox brands), I can hear game sound as well...
  6. How to get my headset mic working

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get my headset mic working: Hi, So i just purchased a PowerA Fusion pro wired controller and I'm having issues where whenever i turn on the mic to my Logitech g933 headset all that is output is static. I've tried updating...
  7. My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?: I understand that headsets can also work as microphones but this just happened out of nowhere. I recently logged onto my xbox and was at first scared that my mic didnt work until I started talking...
  8. My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox controller, brand new headset Mic won’t work: Hi,my new Xbox controller voice chat wont work, i tired to restart it and find new headsets but it still didnt work but my mic works on my first controller but It broke a long time ago. Someone...
  9. Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.: I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my controller, which I have done. I can now hear my...
  10. XBOX Headset with Adapter, MIC not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Headset with Adapter, MIC not working: Hello Gamers and Awesome People at XBOX, I have recently bought XBOX Headset with ADAPTER, I updated the firmware and everything was working till last night, all of sudden MIC has stopped working...