headset port stopped working after controller update

Discus and support headset port stopped working after controller update in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AliceFairy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. AliceFairy
    AliceFairy Guest

earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i dont wanna update my other one now incase same thing happens

:)

AliceFairy, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Zatomas Win User

Hi there!

Try following the troubleshooting here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

Hope it helps!
  3. AliceFairy Win User

dont think any of that will help since that's more for if doesnt work at all and my other controller does work so is there a way to reset the controller to earlier build?
  4. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Controller/Headset Glitch

Have you recently update your controller by any chance? My headset has just stopped working after installing the latest software.
  5. NathanGrauer Win User

Razer Nari Ultimate with Xbox Elite Controller firmware needs to be updated

Again, I have tried updating it, wired, wireless (newer controllers can be updated wirelessly), with the headset plugged in and unplugged, and nothing works. Also after recieving my replacement controller, my headset has seemed to stop working. I am thinking
    it is the fault of the headset, but my replacement controller is having issues staying on with new batteries. A previous post on here said an old adapter would fix the problems, and if that is so, I would think it would be the controller having to support
    the headset, not the headset supporting the controller, as it works fine on a normal wireless controller.
  6. Evenrute Win User

Stereo headset adapter no longer working - stuck on mute

UPDATE: After fussing around with the inability to update my controller, here is what I did to make the headset work (I moved my external HD to one of the back USB ports):

I changed my USB cable out with another one (not sure if it was an issue)

I used the side USB port - not one from the back (I think this is the real problem): My update to the controller always failed. Nothing would work even though it looks like I have the latest firmware.

I re-flashed my controller - it succeeded this time and the headset now works on all controllers.

I think the adapter needed the re-flash as I only had to update one controller and the headset adapter ceased to be stuck on mute.
Thema:

1. headset port stopped working after controller update - Similar Threads - headset port stopped

2. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  3. issues with xbox one control port for headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with xbox one control port for headset: Hi, I have had 4 controllers since dec and they all last about 1 month before the port where the headset plugs in comes faulty any ideas why this is happening? bc489d45-2195-4b7e-a156-552b84bf14d0
  4. Design lab controller headset port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Design lab controller headset port not working: My design lab Xbox one controllers headset port is not working is there any way anyone could help? As my headset works with normal controllers not my design lab one....
  5. XBox One X: Headset chat on 3.5mm controller port with home theater Dolby Atmos issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X: Headset chat on 3.5mm controller port with home theater Dolby Atmos issues.: I just purchased a Xbox One X Gold Rush Edition. I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX to go with it because I wanted to use my Dolby Atmos capable surround sound home theater and chat at the same...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Headset not working

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Headset not working: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Headset not working you also might need to update your controller. 9c95b422-9532-4644-b365-77dbe304c032
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Controller not detecting headset

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Controller not detecting headset: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Controller not detecting headset Xbox One : Xbox y accesorios El micrófono de Xbox One no funciona | Solución de problemas para cuando no se oye...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Wireless Headsets and Xbox One

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Wireless Headsets and Xbox One: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Wireless Headsets and Xbox One It may need an adapter consider that headset came out in 2012 9640cf91-d8de-4f0c-a451-9274122277b5
  9. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: How to listen to gameplay through headset

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: How to listen to gameplay through headset: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: How to listen to gameplay through headset I'm trying to figure out how to listen to gameplay through my xbox 1 I just got it two weeks ago any...
  10. Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won,t my xbox one's controller's 3.5mm audio port work with any wired headset i use?: My controller that i got with my xbox one S has been faulty recently in it's performance over time. I got it one year ago. Recently i purchased a red xbox one controller with a 3.5mm audio jack....