Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

Discus and support Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tig 0le Biddees, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio.

I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the problem persists in both headsets.

I am suspicious that an option to toggle system audio through the headset was removed with the previous console update, as I remember changing this setting several years ago, and I remember having audio in my headset,

I have gone to audio settings extensively, both on my own and with guidance from Xbox support online chat, changing output settings and adjusting the chat mixer to no avail.

I would prefer not to buy the headset adapter thing because why should I have to spend money for a feature that should come standard.

Can anyone help me? Thanks for reading

:)

Tig 0le Biddees, Mar 30, 2018
  2. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, yet they can hear me?

All in the question really.

Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables.

When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and the in-game chat come through perfect on my headset and they can also hear me.

However when I decide to go Party with a friend he can hear me but I can't hear him?

When I use the original Xbox One Chat Headset (the crappy little one ear and mic) I can hear him and he can hear me.

It's not a problem with my headset or wires as I can hear the game audio, chat from players in the game etc. all fine! I just cannot hear party chat? Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio :(

Lukeh Scotney, Mar 30, 2018
  3. CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution

WhileyCoyote00, Mar 30, 2018
  4. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  5. TougyWougy Win User

Audio

I can send an audio voice message using the new headset on his console and also hear one that's been sent to him .And also hear game audio , but when you join a party or create a party or game chat there is nothing?
  6. ButahsBoy Win User

Turtle Beach X12 Question

Question, I can hear the game audio, but I cant change the chat volume, yet I can still hear my friends in party's and game chat. The only way I can change how loud there voice is to change the game volume on my X12. I tried going to preferences and voice,
    but when I switch to play through headset, I don't hear my friends. Is there anyway I can change my friends voice volume? Because chat volume doesn't work on game chat and party chat.
  7. Paraffin Alien Win User

Turtle Beach X12 Question

[quote user="ButahsBoy"]

Question, I can hear the game audio, but I cant change the chat volume, yet I can still hear my friends in party's and game chat. The only way I can change how loud there voice is to change the game volume on my X12. I tried going to preferences and voice,
    but when I switch to play through headset, I don't hear my friends. Is there anyway I can change my friends voice volume? Because chat volume doesn't work on game chat and party chat.

[/quote]

How have you got your headset connected?

I ask because as there are separate volume controls for chat and game sound you should not encounter this problem.
  8. Post IXI Mortem Win User

Xbox One Chat mic not working.---Help us All Out..PLease

To clarify my issue for comparison. I can hear other people with the Xbox One Chat Headset. They cannot hear me. In addition the mic icon in the Xbox Live Party Chat Menu is ALWAYS ON regardless of whether or not the mic is plugged in or the controller is
    on or off. The mic icon is ALWAYS ON.
Thema:

Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

1. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio - Similar Threads - Headset Problem hear

2. Xbox wireless Headset problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox wireless Headset problem: I bought the Official Xbox Wireless Headset and it's worked pretty well up until now. The Headset is having a problem where it's on, and it won't turn off or connect to anything. Is there a hard...
  3. New xbox wireless headset problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox wireless headset problems: I received my new xbox wireless headset Friday. Followed the instructions given and now my headset will not apply any updates done and will not charge. I tried to do a hard reset on the headset...
  4. Xbox series x Headset problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Headset problems: Hello everyone. While I was playing, suddently my headset volume went extremely low for no apparent reason. I've tried everything. Unplugging the plug from electricity, going to the settings and...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter Headset Problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Adapter Headset Problems: Hi! I have a problem with my Xbox Wireless Adapter. I just switched laptops and everything was fine with my old one. But with the new one my Turtle Beach 600 wireless headset keeps...
  6. I have problems with my headset or Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have problems with my headset or Xbox: So I have a steelseries arctis 9x pro and I am trying to disconnect it from the old one s and I unplugged it. But, it still continues to not pair with the series s is there a certain thing I need...
  7. I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear audio with headset but I can’t speak(headset isn’t the problem): Yesterday i turned on my xbox and i found myself unable to talk through the mic but able to hear sound and other people. I tried the headset with another controller and it wroked fine. How do i...
  8. My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one headset wont let me talk but can hear other people please help me with this problem: Please help me with this problem or ill switch to playstation 4 4b244cf8-a9f3-4c13-940a-47a4ba7e6587
  9. Chat headset hearing problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat headset hearing problem: Connected Sennheiser X2 headset (compatible with Xbox 360) to Xbox 360 controller. Mic works ok, but I don't hear anything. I hear friends voices through TV-speakers. What might be the reason? Do...
  10. Headset hearing problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset hearing problems: First, I`d like to say that what I`ll write down is a feedback to MS about the headset that comes with the Xbox One, not any doubt about it`s functioning. If any of you has something to add to...