Headset wont work, unless I unplug the console before start up

Discus and support Headset wont work, unless I unplug the console before start up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset will not work unless I pull the plug from the wall and wait 30 or so seconds before turning the console back on. Even if I turn the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darth Nikana, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Darth Nikana
    Darth Nikana Guest

My headset will not work unless I pull the plug from the wall and wait 30 or so seconds before turning the console back on.

Even if I turn the console into energy saving and force a cold boot everytime, the headset will not work unless I pull the plug for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Headset would do this sometimes, where I could just turn on the console and boot, and the
    headset would work fine. But lately I have to pull the plug. Any ideas?

:)

Darth Nikana, Mar 15, 2014
  2. xxReignx
    xxReignx Guest
    Updates but doesn't progress!

I'm having the same issue. Whenever my xbox turn off it wont turn off so that means no restarting to finish the update. even if i unplug and and get it to start then power it off myself it still wont turn on unless i unplug it and plug it back up

xxReignx, Mar 15, 2014
  3. ruunez
    ruunez Guest
    Bug Report - xbox mic unplugged and wont turn back on

If you unplug your mic in a party it goes through the kinect, but you plug it back in and it doesn't work. You can hear through your headset, but the mic on the headset wont pick up.

ruunez, Mar 15, 2014
  4. xxReignx Win User

Updates but doesn't progress!

I'm having the same issue. Whenever my xbox turn off it wont turn off so that means no restarting to finish the update. even if i unplug and and get it to start then power it off myself it still wont turn on unless i unplug it and plug it back up
  5. FavianFM Win User

Xbox One S Won’t Turn On

I cant even get my console to start up anymore!! All i did was unplug it and plug it back in and now it wont even power up!
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Harddrive broken?

unplug the hdd, fully shutdown console from the power menu in settings, start it back up, then do another full shutdown, then plug hdd in before starting up again, power on the hdd and then start console, if this does not work then the hdd may have gone
    completely.
  7. jpw16 Win User

Controller Update for Stereo Headset Adapter Fails

I could get mine to update with the adapter plugged in. I unplugged it and it updated the controller. adapter and stereo headset work fine but now i can't get controller to pair with xbox unless adapter is unplugged.
  8. xTotalHavok Win User

hd component cable is not working

i was using the hdmi cable before. ive tried resetting it with the cables in but it doesnt work as the wireless controller wont connect until the xbox has booted up which it doesnt do unless it has a valid signal to the tv. the controller will just flash
    constantly trying to connect but not connecting because the xbox wont fully start up which makes it impossible to reset it with the cables in.
Thema:

1. Headset wont work, unless I unplug the console before start up - Similar Threads - Headset wont unless

2. xbox xontroller wont work with headsets..

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox xontroller wont work with headsets..: I plugged two headsets.. (got a new one thinking it was broken) but they don't have sound or mic work.. I reinstalled the driver twice. worked for a sec then back to not working.. even tried with...
  3. having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack: im having problems with the headset wont connect with my controller im using a 3.5mm jack I tried different controllers and a brand new head set still wont work any ideas ?...
  4. headset wont work xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset wont work xbox one x: hi ilm fairly new or rusty I brought a xbox one x my son asked me to put headset on which I did BUT I couldn't hear him and he couldn't hear me tried looking in settings for headset settings...
  5. My headset audio wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset audio wont work: I cant hear anything when i plug my headset but when i plug my headset on my phone it works please help! 9382552c-ee3d-4e65-b7f6-b6bc7b08e68f
  6. Brand new controller wont work with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller wont work with my headset: So I just bought the Armed Forces 2 Controller from my local Walmart and I tried to play with one of my friends tonight and I couldn't get it to work with my headset well I know it's not the...
  7. My new headset wont output audio where I want

in XBoX Accessibility
    My new headset wont output audio where I want: my new turtlebeach recon headset with a stereo audio adapter has all game sound running through it and I cant find any settings to make it so I can use it just to talk and leave gamesound for the...
  8. Controller and headset disconnect and then wont reconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnect and then wont reconnect: I had issues with my Xbox one X where I will be playing online and all of a sudden the sound in the headset will get choppy and the controller will disconnect. Then I will have to use a usb cable...
  9. Xbox one controller wont detect headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller wont detect headset.: I've recently been having trouble with my controller (maybe console) where they cant detect my headset i've also noticed that other people have been dealing with the same issue, my controller and...
  10. PHANTOM HEADSET WONT GO AWAY!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    PHANTOM HEADSET WONT GO AWAY!!: Purchased a Razer Thresher and paired it with the Xbox one. It was not the 7.1 edition so i returned it. Since it has been paired with the xbox, ITS STILL THERE. Its not turned on. its not even...