Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite

Discus and support Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son plays Fortnite and chats with friends through his headset (that was painful and took weeks and three different headsets to actually make it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarchedMusic945, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite

My son plays Fortnite and chats with friends through his headset (that was painful and took weeks and three different headsets to actually make it work, but that's another story!).

I want the chat also to come through the TV so I can hear what's being said to check e.g. the language being used is acceptable, especially if any non-friends end up playing the game with him.

All the settings are correct on the Xbox - I've seen threads explaining how to do the Game chat settings. That is all correct. When using xbox chat, that comes through the TV. It seems though, but when playing Fortnite something changes and the chat is only
    through the headset.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

MarchedMusic945, Sep 7, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

One way for your child to communicate other than through the headset (unless his console is an X) would be through kinect, so you could keep up with the language used by the headset, see if you have any direct configuration in game menu, I can't tell you
    exactly because I don't play Fortnite.
  3. iKhwaja Win User

hi machedmusic945

if all settings are correct, it might be because he is not in a party chat and chatting with them on in-game chat.
  4. yeetTE Win User

Stop being so strict, if his friends use vulgar language thats upto their parents and your kid will rebel if he wont be able to talk to them. The random people I understand but don’t know what to do about that
  5. Scrtch Win User

Game Defaults (a super convenient feature on Xbox 360) is it really missing from Xbox One?

I agree, Seems the play "through speakers, headset or both" for party chat and in game voice is missing. at least I couldn't find it. I want to use my mic to chat and hear voice responses through the speakers of the TV. Thats the other setting in those
    core areas that I couldn't find.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv

Hi, go into settings, display & sound, volume and set party chat to headset and speakers
Thema:

1. Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite - Similar Threads - Hear game chat

2. How do I hear in game chat while streaming through Twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I hear in game chat while streaming through Twitch?: While streaming tonight i noticed once the recording was finished that proximity chat in game was not being recorded just me talking to them. Just to clarify this is in game promitiy chat for Ark...
  3. Game bar party chat can't hear party

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar party chat can't hear party: This weird thing keeps happening. When run Xbox party chat on my game bar. I can't hear people at all. I can see them talking on the activity but there is no audio coming. Only when I enable Xbox...
  4. Twitch chat don’t hear game chat.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch chat don’t hear game chat.: Hi, I stream on twitch everything work fine except for one thing. My twitch chat don’t hear the Fortnite game chat so if you have any fix please tell me. Also it work for my friend that stream...
  5. Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat works, in game chat does not (for any game). I also Can't hear any voice...: So for years now (I've only cared to fix this recently) I've had an issue where I cannot communicate with any random person online. They cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them. In fact, i can't...
  6. I would like to hear party chat and in game chat in clips and streams

in XboX Insiders
    I would like to hear party chat and in game chat in clips and streams: Please have series x clips or streams include in game voice chat as well as party chat, because what’s the point in not hearing everyone’s reaction to an awesome ace or trick shot in cod. It just...
  7. I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear the game chat or communicate through my mic.: The headphones and mic are working ive checked. Ive had to buy several new controllers and they work for a bit but then the mic mute icon comes up and it all stops working again! Is there a virus...
  8. Can't hear or talk in game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear or talk in game chat: Its an issue with the controller or console. I have 3 different headsets, including or that used to work fine, but now none of them can hear or speak in game chat. Party chat works fine, but not...
  9. Unable to hear game chat after capturing a clip

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear game chat after capturing a clip: I am trying to make YouTube vids by pressing START RECORDING which records for 10 minutes. I viewed my game capture and I could hear my GAME CHAT AUDIO, however I could hear my friend who is on...
  10. my friend can hear my game sound through party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend can hear my game sound through party chat.: Hi, my friend has been saying for a couple days now that he can hear himself when he talks but he can also hear my game sound when i talk, i have enabled party overlay and can see when he talks it...