Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite

Discus and support Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son plays Fortnite and chats with friends through his headset (that was painful and took weeks and three different headsets to actually make it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarchedMusic945, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite

My son plays Fortnite and chats with friends through his headset (that was painful and took weeks and three different headsets to actually make it work, but that's another story!).

I want the chat also to come through the TV so I can hear what's being said to check e.g. the language being used is acceptable, especially if any non-friends end up playing the game with him.

All the settings are correct on the Xbox - I've seen threads explaining how to do the Game chat settings. That is all correct. When using xbox chat, that comes through the TV. It seems though, but when playing Fortnite something changes and the chat is only
    through the headset.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

MarchedMusic945, Sep 7, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

One way for your child to communicate other than through the headset (unless his console is an X) would be through kinect, so you could keep up with the language used by the headset, see if you have any direct configuration in game menu, I can't tell you
    exactly because I don't play Fortnite.
  3. iKhwaja Win User

hi machedmusic945

if all settings are correct, it might be because he is not in a party chat and chatting with them on in-game chat.
  4. yeetTE Win User

Stop being so strict, if his friends use vulgar language thats upto their parents and your kid will rebel if he wont be able to talk to them. The random people I understand but don’t know what to do about that
  5. Scrtch Win User

Game Defaults (a super convenient feature on Xbox 360) is it really missing from Xbox One?

I agree, Seems the play "through speakers, headset or both" for party chat and in game voice is missing. at least I couldn't find it. I want to use my mic to chat and hear voice responses through the speakers of the TV. Thats the other setting in those
    core areas that I couldn't find.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv

Hi, go into settings, display & sound, volume and set party chat to headset and speakers
Thema:

1. Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite - Similar Threads - Hear game chat

2. Can't talk in game chat but I can hear others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't talk in game chat but I can hear others.: I have been having this problem for over a year now and have yet to see it get any better. I have Astro A50s. I can talk in party chat perfectly fine with no problem but when I try to talk in game...
  3. Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to...: The title is probably a little confusing. I have a Blue Yeti mic that I want to talk with to my party on the Xbox app, which works. The problem is, I can't hear anybody or the game audio with my...
  4. I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to hear Fortnite game chat through headset and tv: Hi everyone, I'm a mom of a child who plays fortnite and I want to be able to hear his chat conversation through the TV while he is on his headset. He uses a turtle headset plugged into his...
  5. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  6. People can hear me but i cant hear any of my game or chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    People can hear me but i cant hear any of my game or chat audio: I am using some earbuds which have worked for a very long time and now even with other earphones I cant hear any fixes thanks f28c433f-1585-4043-9c88-9313a064a513
  7. Can’t hear game chat but parties work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t hear game chat but parties work: Can’t hear game chat but parties work How do I get GAME chat to work? Is it my settings? My headset works. On Gears 4 8d4480d3-ee1a-4372-a2bd-be55b0e7accd
  8. Xbox one no sound on all games but can hear xbox noises such as maneuvering and chatting in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one no sound on all games but can hear xbox noises such as maneuvering and chatting in ...: So this did not happen until last night. I was playing Ghost Recon with a buddy, then decided to switch to R6S. The sound didn't work at all and I tried to uninstall and reinstall. No luck. Then...
  9. Well I cant hear my friends in game chat or even connect cause of the nat type error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Well I cant hear my friends in game chat or even connect cause of the nat type error: Well I keep getting the"Teredo is unable to qualify" Error and I have tried everything and it wont work hope you can help. 265a1f67-cd7b-4bb2-a730-f35be3770fa8
  10. I cant hear systems sound and I cant chat in a party.But i can hear games sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant hear systems sound and I cant chat in a party.But i can hear games sound: today I got a problem with my microphone, i think. I was playing with my friend and all on the sudden i couldnt hear them anymore but i could hear the game sound. What is the problem? Is it...