Heartbleed an issue with xbox site or consoles signed into live?

Discus and support Heartbleed an issue with xbox site or consoles signed into live? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; just wondering if this is an issue with my live account and xbox .com or xbox rewards .com? If you know anything concerning forza.com or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DeadeyeTom, Apr 10, 2014.

1. DeadeyeTom
    DeadeyeTom Guest

just wondering if this is an issue with my live account and xbox .com or xbox rewards .com? If you know anything concerning forza.com or battlefield/cod sites too

:)

DeadeyeTom, Apr 10, 2014
  2. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    Do They Use OpenSSL on This Site?

'Heartbleed' has been around for over 3 years. This is old news whether they have just reported it or not!

iBakez, Apr 10, 2014
  3. xbox one n xbox 360

You can be signed in on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One simultaneously, you just can't be signed into the same generation of console at the same time (an Xbox 360 with another Xbox 360 or an Xbox One with another Xbox One).

Galactic Geek, Apr 10, 2014
  4. IGC Mike
    IGC Mike Guest

IGC Mike, Apr 10, 2014
  5. IGC Mike Win User

6. Azrael008uk Win User

Well we thought we were safe.

Gearbox have confirmed that they believe their data may have been compromised by the "Heartbleed Exploit".

They have updated their site and are encouraging users to change their passwords.

Did you play "Borderlands 2"?

If you did, that means you.
  7. xXGrisomXx Win User

Can't download Xbox profile

Having the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with the heartbleed stuff thats been happening lately?
  8. iBakez Win User

'Heartbleed' has been around for over 3 years. This is old news whether they have just reported it or not!
  9. Cosmicthoughts Win User

Knew I saw it on one of the MS Blogs:

SOURCE

On April 8, 2014, security researchers announced a flaw in the OpenSSL encryption software library used by many websites to protect customers’ data. The vulnerability, known as “Heartbleed,” could potentially allow a cyberattacker to access a website’s customer
    data along with traffic encryption keys.

After a thorough investigation, Microsoft determined that Microsoft Account, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Yammer and
    Skype, along with most Microsoft Services, are not impacted by the OpenSSL “Heartbleed” vulnerability. Windows’ implementation of SSL/TLS is also not impacted. A few Services continue to be reviewed and updated with further protections.

Microsoft always encourages its customers to be vigilant with the security of their online accounts, change their account passwords periodically and to use complex passwords. More information on how to create strong passwords is available here: Microsoft
    Security & Safety Center: Create strong passwords.

Emphasis in bold is my own - your xbox live account is a Microsoft Account. At any rate, if you use the same password on here as you do in other sites which have been affected, then I'd strongly urge you to change it in the event the other site was compromised.
Thema:

1. Heartbleed an issue with xbox site or consoles signed into live? - Similar Threads - Heartbleed issue site

2. Wireless issues - all games choppy

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless issues - all games choppy: I'm trying out Project xCloud and I currently have a Galaxy S7. I'm sitting 5-10 feet away from my Google Wifi and apparently since it's connecting using 2.4ghz, the performance is incredibly bad....
  3. XCloud controller issue

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud controller issue: Hello, Has anyone found a fix for the button mapping issue? Samsung Note 8. Currently tried - updating controller, made sure my phone is updated, restarted my phone and reconnected the...
  4. Headset/controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset/controller issue: I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to work again. This is not an issue with the...
  5. Windows Xbox Companion App Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox Companion App Issues: has anyone else been having constant disconnection issues with the xbox companion app with party chat specifically, I always will join in just fine and 5 mins In to talking it will disconnect me...
  6. Xcloud Controller Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud Controller Issue: Hello, I connected my controller via bluetooth. Upon entering Halo 5 my buttons are all wrong. The right analogue stick doesnt act as "aim" instead each direction is a different button. Any idea...
  7. Some of us are here just to deal with new issues

in XboX Insiders
    Some of us are here just to deal with new issues: I understand the logic behind the "AB" experiments and i know very well why they are done, but there must be some better way to do this because even with the new "ABC" system we have a few that we...
  8. Xcloud streaming app issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud streaming app issues: Hello, I got invited to test project xcloud a few hours ago. When I launch the app on my phone (Samsung note 9) nothing happens, I can't stream games or see the option to do so or interact with...
  9. Still haveing ongoing issue with seeing the wish list notifications after picking products...

in XboX Insiders
    Still haveing ongoing issue with seeing the wish list notifications after picking products...: Xbox Insider Staff Since the last post I made here 12 days ago about not seeing the wish list notifications showing up in the guide where the Alerts bell is in the guide. after going to the store...
  10. Mic Issues - EasySMX Cool 2000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Issues - EasySMX Cool 2000: I have had this mic for about a year now, and it has worked just fine with amazing quality. However, over the last few weeks, the mic has been having issues. At first, it was only random, short...