Help, cannot add user or download updates for xbox one.

Discus and support Help, cannot add user or download updates for xbox one. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help, I cannot add user to xbox one and cannot download any updates. Have tried all suggestions, hard reset, rebooting modem, unplugging etc, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ALum1num, Nov 19, 2019.

1. ALum1num
    ALum1num Guest

Please help, I cannot add user to xbox one and cannot download any updates. Have tried all suggestions, hard reset, rebooting modem, unplugging etc, I have also eliminated a switch and connected directly to my router. I do have internet, able to surf
    at 175up and down, have set router to suggested xbox one settings and have also reset xbox to factory. still cannot add user. At attempt it will try for a brief second then, circle of death then boot me back to +add user. For the update it does the same
    thing error will show 0x80072ee2. I was able to logon to the server and talk to a buddy, but not able to play a game or get onto xbox live. I know there are other threads, I have read most, but they haven't helped me. Narrowing it down to the hard drive
    possible sign of failure? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

ALum1num, Nov 19, 2019
  2. XBA_Hype Win User

you could try clearing your alternate mac address - settings - network settings - advanced - alternate mac - clear
  3. Koods Win User

I'd say given that you've tried a lot of the things already mentioned in other threads the time is now to ask if the console is still under warranty? If it is then it would be an idea to open a support case and get it sent in for repairs as it definitely
    sounds like there's something going on that is beyond just a mere quick fix type solution.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello ALum1num,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? The Xbox Insider Program gives it's users a different system update from the normal user which could cause issues with the console. If your console is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program, we suggest

submitting feedback
    through the Xbox Insider Hub App and the Xbox Insider subreddit. What are your upload and download speed through the console when you look at the detailed network statistics in the

network settings
    ? Is your NAT type open, moderate or strict? Do you see any packet loss? Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. ALum1num Win User

Aqua,

I have tried it during the day and in the middle of the night, before and after speed tests. I am pretty sure it is not a bandwidth restriction and to add icing to that, I work for my ISP so I'm sure it isn't the issue.
  6. ALum1num Win User

Koods,

Sadly it is a first gen console, it may be time for a newer one. Hoping to find that one person who troubleshot further than I did. Thanks for the quick reply.
Thema:

1. Help, cannot add user or download updates for xbox one. - Similar Threads - Help cannot add

2. Outer Worlds on Game Pass on PC help. cannot start, keeps asking me to install even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Outer Worlds on Game Pass on PC help. cannot start, keeps asking me to install even though...: hi there I'm a game pass member. I've been playing Out Worlds on my Xbox, but I've recently got a new Desktop PC, so really want to try it on my PC. so, it lets me install just fine, but then...
  3. I cannot do anything with my xbox one because of its slow dashboard. Help me anyone

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot do anything with my xbox one because of its slow dashboard. Help me anyone: I'm trying everything but my xbox is so slow. I can't log in or go into the settings or open any apps. Does anyone know the reason and how to fix 6c608b6d-a564-41b7-b983-be11870fe2ce
  4. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can someone drop a link for me??...
  5. Cannot start a realm please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot start a realm please help: I'm on Minecraft bedrock edition on Xbox and i'm trying to start a realm but when I click the purchase button "Create for Free!" (30 day trial 7.99/month after first 30 days) it prompts "Purchase...
  6. I have trouble on Minecraft PE not helping me to add my brother in my account. I cannot play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have trouble on Minecraft PE not helping me to add my brother in my account. I cannot play.: I cannot play with my brother during Minecraft Pe because I have to change my account. I cannot change it. I have to set it up a different way. I don’t know how. Pls help....
  7. Cannot download Add-On content that I already own for Borderlands 1 today, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Add-On content that I already own for Borderlands 1 today, please help: Ok: Borderlands 1 released today free for Gold members on the 360, and its backwards compatible on the One. I downloaded it on the one, and then moved on to download the several add-on content...
  8. My friends are being removed and I cannot re-add them. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friends are being removed and I cannot re-add them. Help?: I first noticed the problem when I couldn't hear someone in the party I was in so I went to look at their profile and they were no longer on my friends list so I went to re-add them and it said it...
  9. i am connected to xbox live and i cannot add friends or play multiplayer???HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am connected to xbox live and i cannot add friends or play multiplayer???HELP: I'm connected to xbox live and can play Netflix and all but cannot add friends or play multiplayer on minecraft or anything. please help 384c1baf-54f4-4d76-88a2-0b79b599c385
  10. Help Xbox one cannot add friends error code 0x87c400006

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Xbox one cannot add friends error code 0x87c400006: Anytime I've tried to add friends It says We could not find that person (0x87c400006). I've tried multiple attempts and contacted support and was told the enforcement team would contact me within...