HELP: Can’t enable 120hz and variable refresh rate at the same time on xbox one x?

Discus and support HELP: Can’t enable 120hz and variable refresh rate at the same time on xbox one x? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So after extensive research about a good monitor to use with an xbox one x i made my decision on the asus vg258q as it was what best fit my ideal... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ifyym, Jun 25, 2019.

1. /u/ifyym
    /u/ifyym Guest

HELP: Can’t enable 120hz and variable refresh rate at the same time on xbox one x?

So after extensive research about a good monitor to use with an xbox one x i made my decision on the asus vg258q as it was what best fit my ideal requirements for my xbox one x. freesync, 1080, and 120hz over hdmi (and some other things that aren’t relevant to the post). after getting it in and plugging it in i immediately received and pop up telling me advanced display settings were available. after enabling it i noticed “Allow variable refresh rate” was checked. i thought to myself okay great but now how do i enable 120hz. after messing around with my setting i realized the drop down box to enable 120hz below the resolution box was no where to be found. after a little bit more messing around i switch my display by overriding it from auto-detect to hdmi. after doing that the 120hz option drop down box was there and i set it to 120hz. but then i went back to make sure variable refresh rate was still on and not only was it unchecked but it was completely grayed out. i have tried for days now and i can’t seem to have variable refresh rate and 120hz enabled at the same time. i thought i’d also mention that when i did the override to get the 120hz drop down box to appear and selected it my monitor info setting switch from 60hz to 120hz, pretty much confirming the monitor was actually performing 120hz. so my question is does anyone have a solution or any information on this at all?

submitted by /u/ifyym
    [link] [comments]

/u/ifyym, Jun 25, 2019
  2. MichaelHeidelberg Win User

Microsoft- 1440p 120Hz not working!?

I Have tried these steps with no resolution to the problem.

1. Factory Reset x 2

2. HDMI 2.0 Cable x 4 capable cables

3. HDMI 2.1 Cable capable of 48gbps

4. Enabled 4K through Xbox menu. (Unable to upscale as it wont allow 4K 60hz or 50hz, but will allow 24hz).

5. Every possible menu combination through display.

Findings

1. Will display 1440p @ 60hz and variable refresh on.

2. Will display 1080p at 120hz, but not simultaneously with variable refresh on.

3. Can select 4K, but only at 24hz.

4. Monitor will accept 1440p 120hz through all mentioned cables from GTX 1080Ti on my PC.

5. Can not increase reduce monitors refresh rate through monitors settings.

Equipment

1. Xbox One X with latest firmware update.

2. MSI Optix MAG27CQ 1440p 144hz VA Panel

Conclusion

1. The Xbox is the issue. The Xbox does not recognize the monitors refresh rate correctly.

2. Microsoft needs to address this in two ways.

1. Informing the consumers about the issue. Its common enough and microsoft has not gone public to the consumers.

2. Find a resolution to the issue and include it in an update.
  3. JhonSnow777 Win User

Gaming Monitor on XBox One X

Probably could be because the refresh rate Hz, if its a gaming monitor should support more than 120Hz, the Xbox one X can handle 120Hz, chek the link i left here and you will find more info about it, if your monitor has Freesync this must solve the problem.
    I hope this can help

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-120hz
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

30 HZ Feature

This feature is for older HDTV's with lower refresh rates.

If you have a newer TV, you probably have refresh rates of 60hz, 120hz or 240hz.
  5. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Best Tv/LCD/Plasma for Xbox One?

[quote user="COD 2 HALO"]

Depends on size of room, gaming prefrence, amout willing to spend and graphics output.
    1080p 60hz ot 120hz.

[/quote]

I agree. Get a HDTV with a refresh rate of at least 120hz.

Refresh Rates Explained.
  6. EVIL VENOM Win User

I'm thinking of buying this TV for the Xbox One launch... thoughts??

I say no. Go for 120hz stay away from 60hz too slow of refresh rate. Vizio's are good as well most of their internals are samsung parts and you can pick up a razor LED series from vizio at Walmart for the same price with 120hz this one is 42" $498 and it's
    3D ready
Thema:

1. HELP: Can’t enable 120hz and variable refresh rate at the same time on xbox one x? - Similar Threads - HELP Can’t enable

2. Help can’t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help can’t download: I keep getting an error code when trying to install my game but it keeps getting dark so it will not download error code is this 0x800705AA c961fc56-2e2f-4461-a601-7ce4bb225960
  3. Please help getting a service message and can’t play most apps and movies I live in the U.K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help getting a service message and can’t play most apps and movies I live in the U.K: Hi please can anyone help I’ve just bought some movies but when I try to play them I get a message saying apologies, our service isn’t working properly at the moment. To check Xbox Live service...
  4. Help I’ve been reported and I can’t talk to my friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help I’ve been reported and I can’t talk to my friends: Please help i have been randomly reported and now i can not talk to my friends. What do i do? b2b3ac4d-6e12-4845-86fa-87af938e027b
  5. Can’t hear friend on Xbox voice chat help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t hear friend on Xbox voice chat help: My friend recently unblocked me from Xbox after accidentally blocking me. After re adding him as a friend and unmuting him I still can’t hear him but him and others can still hear him speak can...
  6. Can’t get the rewards on Xbox plz help

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can’t get the rewards on Xbox plz help: it’s the flintlock pistol 25da1e49-11f4-4053-b804-5725c28ac857
  7. Help ! I can’t change my account on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help ! I can’t change my account on Xbox App: Good afternoon, I wanted to switch account with the Xbox App on PC, I can sign out but when I sign in to switch account, there is no « Use an other account » or « Sign in with a different...
  8. Help - I can’t find a game my son saved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help - I can’t find a game my son saved: Hi, my son had nearly reached the last stage on Lego Marvel when he had to finish for the night. He clicked save and exit but then the game went automatically back to the very beginning. Should...
  9. I need help!!! Can’t sign in to XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help!!! Can’t sign in to XBox One: I NEE HELP!!! I’m trying to sign in to my sons XBOX One, & it keeps telling me “There was a Problem... Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in to account.live.com. Sign in:...
  10. Help please! I am trying to play online but it says that I can’t see content other people ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help please! I am trying to play online but it says that I can’t see content other people ...: Hey. I am trying to play online but it says that I am not aloud to see the content that other people create. My dad changed the privacy settings but I still can’t play online. Is there a specific...