Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV.

Discus and support Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. As I have stated in my subject, I am not someone who has a lot of knowledge when it comes to hardware and technical stuff. I have an HDTV which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hey Blaise, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Hey Blaise
    Hey Blaise Guest

Hello. As I have stated in my subject, I am not someone who has a lot of knowledge when it comes to hardware and technical stuff. I have an HDTV which does not for some reason support HDMI. I was planning on getting an Xbox One sometime soon, but, being
    a college kid and all, I didn't want to have to shell out another $300+ for a capable TV to go along with my $500+ purchase. I've done some research however, and found a few alternatives. An HDMI-to-DVI adapter can work, but obviously there won't be any sound
    output, and I'm not sure how to get around that. I've also found a few converter boxes which I've heard can get around this, but I've heard they aren't completely trustworthy, and cheaper ones compromise the quality of the TV. I've even been suggested to buy
    an HD monitor and just game on that. Without investing in a new TV, what would be the best solution?

:)

Hey Blaise, Aug 5, 2014
  2. Wild Chino
    Wild Chino Guest
    No HDMI, Only Composite Connection

Any way to connect Xbox One to non HDMI TV?

Wild Chino, Aug 5, 2014
  3. Non-HDMI TV

Hey! Can you connect a Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV? Is there a converter or cable that would work? Thx!

OrnateOlive9793, Aug 5, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Personally I would upgrade my tv. But thats just me. Since you are looking for a cheap alternative I would go the monitor route until you can afford to get a new tv.

x24hrs2livex, Aug 5, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Personally I would upgrade my tv. But thats just me. Since you are looking for a cheap alternative I would go the monitor route until you can afford to get a new tv.
  6. OrnateOlive9793 Win User

Non-HDMI TV

Thx! I found a converter on Amazin made by ViewHD. I will give it a try!
  7. BusGod Win User

Non-HDMI TV

To the OP, you CAN. evilfangs is technically incorrect.

Questions: 1.. Is your TV and HD tv with component input only? If so you need and HDMI to component adapter.

2. Is it is standard definition do you have composite connections? If so you need an HDMI to composite adapter.

available many places, I recommend www.monoprice.com

Please note these may not provide the best picture but will work.
  8. vraicovi Win User

Non-HDMI TV

As long as your TV has component inputs, yes. I picked up the HDFURY Gamer 2 Component and it works flawlessly with the Xbox One with my DirecTV receiver plugged into it. There were cheaper solutions out there, but they seemed to be hit or miss...
  9. evilfangs Win User

Non-HDMI TV

No.

You need a HD TV to play these next gen HD consoles.
Thema:

1. Help for a Non-Technical Person: How to connect an Xbox One to a non-HDMI TV. - Similar Threads - Help Non Technical

2. Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Non Gamer Dad Needs Help w XBox Gold and Understanding All Of This Stuff......: Alright game peoples, here is the scenario: divorced parents, twelve year old son who has an XBox at each parents house. I bought the Gold account upgrade thingy so that he could resume playing...
  3. Aiuto! Non c'è più il livello salvato![Help! There is no longer the saved level!]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Aiuto! Non c'è più il livello salvato![Help! There is no longer the saved level!]: Ciao a tutti! Ragazzi, un disastro: apro il gioco (Shadow of the Tomb Raider) con cui giocavo da mesi, cambio profilo perché era attivo quello di mio fratello, seleziono continua partita che...
  4. Netgear Netgear HR314: XBOX NON STOP LOOSING CONNECTION. PLEASE HELP.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear Netgear HR314: XBOX NON STOP LOOSING CONNECTION. PLEASE HELP.: Netgear (Routers) Netgear HR314: XBOX NON STOP LOOSING CONNECTION. PLEASE HELP. Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help with that Xbox One Disconnection Help | Xbox Live Disconnect | Xbox...
  5. Yeah, my last case wasn’t solved. So don’t lock it. Unreliable and non helpful mods ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yeah, my last case wasn’t solved. So don’t lock it. Unreliable and non helpful mods ...: Refer to my previous post. it was not solved! So stop avoiding helping me forums. I swear I’m going to report it if I’m not helped. Don’t lock it either. Moderators being lazy and annoyed that...
  6. Xbox non-responsive to A button Please help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox non-responsive to A button Please help!!!: I have had my Xbox One for a year and a half now and everything has been fine. But today when I turned my Xbox One on the A button on all of my controllers did nothing. Any time I pressed A...
  7. Help! I am unable to set non-solid backgrounds or receive notifications.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! I am unable to set non-solid backgrounds or receive notifications.: For some reason none of these two features work and I don't know why, I have even hard reset my console. Please help me if you have an answer for my issue because it really sucks not being able to...
  8. Xbox wireless adapter windows 10. Completely non-functional. Microsoft ignoring problem. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter windows 10. Completely non-functional. Microsoft ignoring problem. HELP!: I hope someone can please help me as I am desperate. I recently bought the xbox wireless adapter and an elite controller for a lot of money, only to find that the wireless adapter just doesn't...
  9. Please Help I changed my xbox 360 region to a non xbox live country

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help I changed my xbox 360 region to a non xbox live country: I changed My xbox 360 region using your website migration option and now I cannot change it back to Unite States In this new region my xbox 360 doesnt connect to have xbox live and I cant...
  10. Problem playing NON disk games...PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing NON disk games...PLEASE HELP: Ever since the FIFA 15 demo came out I haven't been able to play demos/ EA Access vault games/ games with gold. I installed fifa 15 demo and it wouldn't play or load it kept kicking me to the...