Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ...

Discus and support Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have this 320GB hard drive that I've been using for awhile.. The past week it wouldn't work, but all i had to do was take it out and put it back in.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AmberIsAUnicorn, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ...

I have this 320GB hard drive that I've been using for awhile.. The past week it wouldn't work, but all i had to do was take it out and put it back in. But NOW, I cant get it to work! I'm trying everything! I have so many games and saves on that thing.. Do
    I seriously have to reformat this? Is there somewhere I can take it to see if they can fix it? is there anything I can do?? Also I noticed that every time i try to load it up to see if my hard drive works yet, it takes about 3 minutes on the "Xbox 360" part
    of the Intro.. but if i load without the HDD in, then it loads normal..

Any help? Advise? THANK YOU!

I really don't want to have to redownload EVERYTHING.. and lose all my saves at that..

:)

AmberIsAUnicorn, Jun 21, 2014
  2. media player and screen size

Hi everyone Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ... :)

So while using Xbox one Media Player last night, it suddenly stopped recognizing my external hard drive and about a minute later cropped my screen size... now when i plug in my hard drive, i get the notification that its plugged in, and can see the hard
    drive and video files in it through file explorer, but when I open Media Player, it says there is no hard drive attached. It worked fine for a month or so, now just quit on me.

does anyone know how to make media player start working, or how to expand the vertical screen size (and lightly shrink horizontal screen size)?

any help would be amazing, thanks Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ... :)

Diamond Back X, Jun 21, 2014
  3. Ghostblack25
    Ghostblack25 Guest
    external hard drive not recognize

I have use the hd with the xbox one no problems. It was working with xbox x for awhile, but recently stopped. I have checked all connections, basically went through the troubleshooting steps. External hard drive is still not showing up. The hard drive
    connects just using usb port and powered the same way. I can see and hear the external hd turn on, but after that nothing.

Ghostblack25, Jun 21, 2014
  4. Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ...

I'm sorry to say it but looks to me that your hard drive has failed. Likely the failure began when it wasn't being detected and you had to keep re-inserting it. This can be the first signs of a failing hard drive.

Microsoft do not repair hard drives unfortunately, they are mechanical devices that are not cost effective to repair. It may be possible to temporarily fix it by doing a format, but from what I know of hard drives, it will fail again not longer after and you
    will be back in the same position again, with even more game saves lost.

The only option for you now is to buy a new hard drive. Make sure it is a official Microsoft hard drive too as private sellers on websites such as eBay and Amazon tend to sell unofficial third party hard drives made in China which will also not perform as
    intended.

Obsessive Power, Jun 21, 2014
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it Fixed? Desperate!!

I'm sorry to say it but looks to me that your hard drive has failed. Likely the failure began when it wasn't being detected and you had to keep re-inserting it. This can be the first signs of a failing hard drive.

Microsoft do not repair hard drives unfortunately, they are mechanical devices that are not cost effective to repair. It may be possible to temporarily fix it by doing a format, but from what I know of hard drives, it will fail again not longer after and you
    will be back in the same position again, with even more game saves lost.

The only option for you now is to buy a new hard drive. Make sure it is a official Microsoft hard drive too as private sellers on websites such as eBay and Amazon tend to sell unofficial third party hard drives made in China which will also not perform as
    intended.
  6. Conwin-5FB48356-9245 Win User

Low Res Textures On XB360 Version

This is worrying since my disc drive has been dieing for awhile. (have to actually use a knife to open it now, due to sticking.) I've been installing all my games to stop it from getting any worse. Hopefully it's patched tommorow when I get my copy.
  7. RowdyBasterd Win User

Console sits on "Xbox 360 screen" for a long time

The problem hasn't occurred when I try starting the console with out the hard drive, but it doesn't always happen with the hard drive in anyway. I do have an old 20gig hard drive. I guess i'll try using it for awhile and see if the problem stops.
  8. AngryColt480398 Win User

Using an External Hard Drive... Ridiculously Slow!?

I have a Toshiba 3 TB hard drive. I've had it for awhile now. And ever since I got it I've had games that won't install (via "installation stopped" notification) and the console in general has been slow. I always figured it was the "Xbox One Slowness" but
    recently when I've attempted to install a game. I've unplugged the Hard Drive and the games actually will install. However, I only have so many GB on my Internal Storage and I know filling up the storage makes it even slower! How do I solve this? New hard
    drive? That thing was expensive. And Microsoft never helps much when I call.
  9. wi7bit Win User

Anyone else have to format their Xbox One like 3 times a month?

I've never has to factory reset my console and I'm an insider!

To me, it sounds like the hard drive is failing. It sounds like it's getting bad sectors, so games will suddenly stop loading. When the drive is re-formatted, it skips using these sectors and you are back to square one again. Then the same thing happens.

Do you use an external drive? If not, I would suggest you get one, reset the system and download the games to the external drive to take the load from the failing drive.

Hard drives have a limited life span unfortunately.... Good luck!
Thema:

Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ...

1. Help! Hard Drive that I've been using for awhile suddenly stopped working?? Can I get it ... - Similar Threads - Help Hard Drive

2. External hard drive for xbox please help asap

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive for xbox please help asap: Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox Here is the Link https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284 Can someone check for me pleased...
  3. Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!

in XboX Insiders
    Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!: The title pretty much explains my situation. I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I haven’t been able to find a solution. If anybody knows how to or has a link that shows me how to I’d be SO...
  4. Help with hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with hard drive: Cannot For the life of me get this hard drive to work for my xbox one. And YES i have done all the usually suggested things. this has been going on nearly a month now. At this point Me and my...
  5. hey guys please help me i install a new hard drive in my xbox one but screen wont display

in XBoX on Consoles
    hey guys please help me i install a new hard drive in my xbox one but screen wont display: hey guys please help me i install a new hard drive in my xbox one but screen wont display c7e0dc99-aed5-4629-bc41-3e01f489073a
  6. Please help ....External hard drive not installing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help ....External hard drive not installing games: Hi my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating the xbox I have a seagate 2tb firecuda ssd which is...
  7. Please Help with Xbox 3.5TB External Hard Drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help with Xbox 3.5TB External Hard Drive.: i dont really know where else to turn so i will try to explain as much as i can. i bought an external hard drive for my xbox one about a year ago, it was on sale at gamestop and i figure it...
  8. Need help with external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with external hard drive.: Bought a Seagate 2tb hard drive. I've formatted and currently using it on my xbox one to play games. For some apparent reason it isnt letting me download games it says to download on to xbox. I...
  9. Moving games between Xbox and hard drives. Please Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moving games between Xbox and hard drives. Please Help!: Hi, I am thinking to get a hard drive for my Xbox One S since I am running out of space. Maybe a Seagate off Amazon. I just wanted to know if it was possible to move multiple games between my...
  10. External Hard drive Question and Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive Question and Help.: Currently using a wall powered 8TB Xbox Game Hub drive which has a 7200rpm Barracuda drive inside. If i was to switch to a usb powered 4tb 5400rpm drive how much of a difference in load times...