Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Discus and support Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I need your help. I accidentally deleted the folder where the recordings made by xbox game bar were saved and now I don't know how to recover... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by José Carlos Bayas, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Hello, I need your help. I accidentally deleted the folder where the recordings made by xbox game bar were saved and now I don't know how to recover that folder because I can't see the videos that are recorded. I used that feature a lot. Help!

:)

José Carlos Bayas, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Álvaro De Miguel Win User

How do I get back my Captures folder?

I'm talking about my PC, I selected Xbox because the problem has to do with the Xbox Game Bar.

I installed windows on my 240 GB SSD, and have a 1 TB HDD to save stuff like videos, etc.

I accidentally deleted the "Captures" folder, which is in the Videos folder. And I don't know how to get it back, I can't get it back from the reciclying bin because I deleted it permanently.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

What was deleted from the recycle bin cannot be recovered, you will need to create another folder, and set it in the Xbox Game Bar settingshttps://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/adjust-capture-settings-windows-10#:~:text=Configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20de%20captura%20no%20Xbox%20Game%20Bar&text=Para%20abrir%20as%20configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20do,e%20selecione%20Configura%C3%A7%C3%B5es%20e%20Captura.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. Kittenflap Win User

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

No, I am not able to access the original 'Captures' folder from the Videos folder in the C Drive as I moved it to a portable hard drive. I created a new 'Captures' folder in the C Drive, but the Game Bar doesn't want to recognize it as a new one, that's
    my issue. Is there a way to make the new folder a default location for new captures?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

Hey there!

When you started capturing your clips did you start capturing them in the external HD, or did you save them to the default file drive which is C:\users\%username%\Videos\Captures?

I would suggest trying to capture a new game clip without your external HD plugged in to see what it says when it asks you where you want to save the clips.

Also what do you see when you open up your captures folder from the Game Bar?

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder (named
    Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

Try that out and let us know what happens.
Thema:

1. Help. I deleted the xbox game bar video captures folder and i don't know how to get it back. - Similar Threads - Help deleted game

2. PLEASE HELP ME!! XBOX ONE S DELETES AND REINSTALLS 4 GAMES AUTOMATICALLY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE HELP ME!! XBOX ONE S DELETES AND REINSTALLS 4 GAMES AUTOMATICALLY!!!!: So i got a brand new Xbox One S for Christmas this year, and when i install a game from a disc, IT DELETES AND REINSTALLS IT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I TURN THE CONSOLE OFF AND ON AGAIN AFTER I INSTALL...
  3. Problem with the deletion of a game on Xbox beta pc. Any help is very much appreciated,...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with the deletion of a game on Xbox beta pc. Any help is very much appreciated,...: Got West of Dead weeks ago, it never launched up. Yesterday I accidentally made it launch for a second, not sure why it worked. Today I attempted to delete it, so I can reinstall it, the app icon...
  4. Please help, i want to delete all save data for this (online) game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, i want to delete all save data for this (online) game: Ok, first off i need to explain why i need to so badly, even though some will argue that i have made so much progress i should just keep going. Considering by deleting the save data i am only...
  5. PLEASE HELP: How do I change a games icon or hide a game without deleting it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE HELP: How do I change a games icon or hide a game without deleting it?: Please, I want to know how to change a game's icon! Also, how do I hide a game without deleting it? PLEASE HELP..... 49812a0b-a0f2-4f55-bbbd-e652d91b6b70
  6. help with deleted messages for free 14 day trial xbox game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    help with deleted messages for free 14 day trial xbox game pass: My son accidently deleted something he now wants. We have xbox live account, the message was for a membership for xbox game pass. Thank you in advance... a70eba88-b936-485e-aaee-0237fa841f23
  7. Deleted a game on my xbox 360 accidently while trying to re-download it, help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted a game on my xbox 360 accidently while trying to re-download it, help?: I tried to re-download Civilization Revoloution as it recently became compatible on the xbox one and wasn't showing in ready to install but I deleted it while on my 360! Won't show on my download...
  8. Help, my computer guy said I didn't need XBox Live and deleted it, now I can't play my games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help, my computer guy said I didn't need XBox Live and deleted it, now I can't play my games.: Please help me, I am addicted to Mahjong and some others, please tell me how to reinstall, I am not very computer friendly, too old. abf01a27-397e-4882-a65a-2f0b4515cc65
  9. I need help with the external storage, deleted game

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with the external storage, deleted game: I had a 2 terrabite external storage attached to my console. I was at my freinds house to play and then I moved my exbox back home like normal but when I logged on I had 98% full on storage but...
  10. Need help deleting a zero gamerscore game from my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help deleting a zero gamerscore game from my profile: I have been trying to delete full house poker from my achievement list for a long time now. It's on zero gamerscore, but every time I delete it from my list it returned when I've logged back in....