HELP! I need off of the insider program! Or at least an explanation!

Discus and support HELP! I need off of the insider program! Or at least an explanation! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am so frustrated. I got a 2nd hand XB1X today. Had an E102 error, no restore working, learned it was on insider build (don't remember the exact... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/keroppi667, Aug 2, 2020.

1. HELP! I need off of the insider program! Or at least an explanation!

I am so frustrated.

I got a 2nd hand XB1X today.

Had an E102 error, no restore working, learned it was on insider build (don't remember the exact version, but it was build date somewhere around Dec 2019 per google)

...downloaded today's (8/1/20) OSU1 version, Google says current official version is:

10.0.19041.3503 (rs_xbox_release_2007.200709-1200) / July 14, 2020

it's way newer, and everything I read said that I can OSU upgrade it and "problem solved".

So I ran the offline upgrade, it reset the system. Reinitialized quickly and easily like factory and "all is well".

I get 10 minutes into putting back apps and it starts stuttering, locking up, and acting stupid.

At this point I suspect the hard drive might be iffy

I reboot and it's fubared...I try every option, being given anything from E101,E102,E105,E106 (depending on the option/order) but always consistent

My current OS version says: 19041.3218.amdfre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2007.200708-0000 (...look it up, you won't find it!)

Now, I may be wrong in my understanding, but I restored OSU1, offline with a USB from official source, no "update yada yada" screens after that... (I also recognize Google may be wrong too).

My understanding is (Win10 - [10.0.])(major build e.g. 19041.xxxx)(release_[dev=insider or NOT])(major.minor-xxxx)

...so this is where I get confused and angry. My build:

Current major build (per google):19041.3503 MY major build:19041.3218 (OLDER/lower)

(Dev)=I'm screwed, no restore for me!)

Major.Minor: Current: 2007.200709-1200 Mine: 2007.200708-0000 (Equal.lower-lower)

WORSE: mine says DEV (which mean insider)...if you look up the build history:

2007.200706-0000 (DOCUMENTED ~1 mo. old) 2007.200708-0000 (MINE - completely UNDOCUMENTED) 2007.200709-0000 (DOCUMENTED ~1 mo. old)

Now, I might be willing to accept this is just a drive issue (unlikely considering how fast it restored and booted) so I need community input before getting drastic.

TL;DR:

...so, let's recap: I took an Xbox with a 6 month old insider build and restored it with a (newer) current OSU1.

It worked (quickly), then immediately broke again.

I am currently stuck with an unfixable build that is:

A) by all rights/versions that I can understand older than the published OSU1 I just restored from

B) clearly an insider build

C) A completely undocumented version that is a month old? With:

D) No indication that anything at all upgraded/changed from the freshly installed OSU1.

...if the fact that it's still "registered" by serial number to receive an insider build, I accept. HOWEVER, why did I not get an update screen to go from the official OSU1 I updated from to the insider build? Why tf did it only update to a month old build? And why tf is that build number not documented?

I read only the original registrant can remove the insider flag; I need support's help with that, because they're not reachable.

However: the rest don't.make.sense!

Please help!

submitted by /u/keroppi667
    [link] [comments]

/u/keroppi667, Aug 2, 2020
  2. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

I need help with the Insider program

Have you perhaps tried resetting the console
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I need help with the Insider program

XBox Insiders Forum is the site to post this question for a definitive answer, provided by staff.

A factory reset is more than likely the way forward, as that is the way to change down to lower rings or leave the program.

Edit.. Reddit post with answer
  4. DREAM Iron Man Win User

Need Help with Insider Program

i unenrolled from the program trying to get rid of the update still need help
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Need Help with Insider Program

Hey there DREAM Iron Man.

While taking part in the Xbox One Preview Program, you'll want to head over to the

Xbox Insider Forums
    . While you may have opted out of future preview waves, you would still be taking part in the current. Thanks a ton for your patience with this!
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about any issues you may be experiencing. In order to help out, we need more information (any information!) to go off of.

Help us help you! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
Thema:

HELP! I need off of the insider program! Or at least an explanation!

1. HELP! I need off of the insider program! Or at least an explanation! - Similar Threads - HELP need off

2. Need help. Xbox 1 original: no video output, turns off after 2 mins.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help. Xbox 1 original: no video output, turns off after 2 mins.: This is my first time ever asking online for help about something. My Xbox one original turns on and turns off after 2-3 mins. It's unresponsive to all the tricks of hitting down certain buttons...
  3. In need of help off someone who is able to extend a controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    In need of help off someone who is able to extend a controller: I’m a quad amputee and have been using the Xbox one elite (the longer stick are a huge help) remote for my pc and Xbox (obviously) the remote is really good as I can use it far better then any...
  4. Need help with a refund because i didn't recieve the contents off the pack.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with a refund because i didn't recieve the contents off the pack.: Yesterday i bought a blitz pack for halo wars 2 but never recieved the contents of the pack. Id like a refund of the purchase because it kinda sucks buying something and then not recieving what...
  5. Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X shutting off when attempting to launch Games. Need help.: Xbox one X. Games won't start. Just brings up a splash screen then cuts to black for a few seconds and my Xbox turns off. This is after transferring my account and games to my new Xbox one X....
  6. I need help with the package that is going off to be repaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with the package that is going off to be repaired: So my xbox one x is bust and is being sent of for a repair, I have printed the label but I am confused about two things, 1 is what goes into the package, is it the xbox or is it the wires too and...
  7. Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!: My Xbox One keeps going to the home screen and turning off by itself, It's not hot and when it first did it i left it off for about 14 hours and tried again and it still keeps doing the same...
  8. Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Keeps going home and turning off. Need help!: My Xbox One keeps going to the home screen and turning off by itself, It's not hot and when it first did it i left it off for about 14 hours and tried again and it still keeps doing the same...
  9. MY XBOX IS TURNING OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS... I NEED HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX IS TURNING OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS... I NEED HELP PLEASE: When I try to turn on my xbox one, it shuts down after a few seconds. First I thought that it wasn't connected properly but I checked and it was all ok. I have already tried disconnecting and...
  10. I got ripped off and i need help ):

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got ripped off and i need help ):: i bought an xbox yesterday secondhand from an app called letgo, spent 200 brought it home and the console was banned from xbox live )': he wouldnt return my money, and now im stuck with a $200...