Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming!

Discus and support Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there! :) So I have a Lenovo Legion Y540, and it works fine while I work, no issues at all. However, for the last week or so, when I try to game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kat Dee, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Kat Dee
    Kat Dee Guest

Hi there! Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming! :)

So I have a Lenovo Legion Y540, and it works fine while I work, no issues at all. However, for the last week or so, when I try to game after work, my PC will just crash mid-game, without warning. This is a new issue for me and I haven't had issues with my games crashing before. There haven't been any error messages when the games crash, just crash to desktop - one time my whole PC crashed. It also happens on multiple games I play, so not just isolated to one game.

It's been super frustrating so I have tried a lot of trouble-shooting. I re-installed Windows as a last resort and still my games were crashing after re-install. Drivers are all updated, all Windows updates done, bios updates done, virus check done, no results with stress test. Temperature is around 90 degrees C after crash.

Below are images from the crashes I experienced last night - taken from Event Viewer.

If anybody has any experience with this, I'd be really grateful for your expertise.

Thanks!

Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming! [​IMG]

Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming! [​IMG]

:)

Kat Dee, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Kat. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

This error code "0xc0000005" can be caused by several factors. So we will need to do some troubleshooting here, my friend. Please bear with me that we will get this sorted out.

Would you please tell me if your laptop runs Windows 10 or 11?

Also, do you use any software to update your drivers?

In the meantime, please use the System File Checker and DISM to repair broken, corrupted or missing system files. I know you just reinstalled Windows, but just to be sure:

Go to Start > Search for Command Prompt > Right Click > Run as Administrator. Run one command at a time:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /r

chkdsk /f

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Chkdsk may ask you to restart your computer in order to be able to run. If that's the case, please restart your computer when you can and it will run before Windows starts.

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

bolt shot

I like the ordnance drops. Keeps the game unpredictable and exciting. Just my opinion.
  4. FlaminghotZA Win User

bf4 crashing

i keep crashing while trying to play campaign shanghai (second level) please help
  5. crimxnal Win User

Microsoft FS2020 crashes on the Cessna screen "Checking updates"

6. InCaudaVenenum Win User

Battlefield 3 freezing on campaign

Does the game tend to crash/freeze/lock-up at the same moment? Or is it sporadic?

Game freezing can be somewhat unpredictable, and hard to resolve (especially in older and BC titles that are outside of the development cycle). Sometimes it's the console that causes the problem, if I get game crashes or freezes I try to power cycle the console
    and I usually have a good response with that. Give it a shot!
Thema:

1. Help, my PC keeps crashing unpredictably while gaming! - Similar Threads - Help keeps crashing

2. Xbox keeps freezing then crashing. help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps freezing then crashing. help: I will be playing a game for like 40 minutes then my Xbox will freeze and I will hear like a erhhrhr sound then it turns off it doesn’t say overheating or anything any suggestions submitted by...
  3. [HELP] Insider Hub Keeps Crashing When Trying To Leave Beta

in XboX Insiders
    [HELP] Insider Hub Keeps Crashing When Trying To Leave Beta: I'm stuck in the Minecraft Windows 10 Beta. I've already contacted Minecraft Support, which lead me to a Mojang bug page. From there I was told to contact Xbox support if it is an issue with...
  4. Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help: Forza Horizon 4 Keeps Crashing at the Game Controller Screen - Please help - as I have tried closing at Startup Apps, and after restart tried the solution, however, it didn't work. I have just...
  5. Help, Ark survival evolved keeps crashing with 0x8b050033

in XboX Insiders
    Help, Ark survival evolved keeps crashing with 0x8b050033: Ark survival evolved crashes with this error code 0x8b050033 "you need this update, but we can't get it right now. Try again in a little while." It's been happening since 12pm EST yesterday....
  6. MY GTA 5 GAME KEEPS CRASHING HELP PLEASE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MY GTA 5 GAME KEEPS CRASHING HELP PLEASE: Ok so I've downloaded GTA V from the marketplace on my Xbox 360. Everything seemed fine until i play and at certain points the game crashes and tells me that the game wont start try re-downloading...
  7. My S Series keeps crashing. DO NOT download Xbox 360 profile. HELP please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My S Series keeps crashing. DO NOT download Xbox 360 profile. HELP please.: Good morning, I am writing again because a week ago I asked for help because my series s did not download my xbox 360 profile so I can not play 360 games. In this link you can see the...
  8. Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help: Hi everyone. So I purchased the Series X probably about a month after launch. Everything was fine for about a month then I started to get random crashes in game. I eventually sent it back...
  9. Continuation to "Why Does My Game Keep Crashing????!!!" from March 15, 20019. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Continuation to "Why Does My Game Keep Crashing????!!!" from March 15, 20019. Please help.: As others have stated, it does not matter what game I play, while I'm playing anyone of my 217 games I everything will be going fine then suddenly I hear a loud buzzing noise & next thing I know...
  10. Jump Force keeps freezing/crashing during story, can't advance, help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jump Force keeps freezing/crashing during story, can't advance, help please: Playing Jump Force on Xbox One X, on chapter 10 for story, at cinematic where Vegeta is talking to Sasuke in New York map against venoms, once the cinemtatic finishes, it goes to now loading, but...