Help my xbox keeps "overheating"!!

Discus and support Help my xbox keeps "overheating"!! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Ok so my Xbox one X keeps shutting off for overheating, right before it overheats the fans spin super fast and shoot out a lot of warm air but the case... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CorporalChicken, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Help my xbox keeps "overheating"!!

Ok so my Xbox one X keeps shutting off for overheating, right before it overheats the fans spin super fast and shoot out a lot of warm air but the case itself all around isnt hot. Its in a ventilated area and has easy access to air. I can play games like warzone, snow runner or F1 2021 without fail for as long as I want but as soon as I try to play wolfenstein 2, not even 2 mins into actual gameplay it shuts off for overheating, wolfenstein is on a external hard drive but the hardrive isnt hot or overheating. Please help.

submitted by /u/CorporalChicken
    [link] [comments]

/u/CorporalChicken, Jun 12, 2022
  2. AridLizard Win User

Xbox Periodically Becomes Unresponsive

3. Habenero Win User

xbox keeps overheating.

Make sure all vent holes are clear, that air is free to circulate. Keep your xbox on a solid surface and not something like carpet. If you have it shut in a cabinet, open the doors while you game.

You can get fans which attach to the xbox to 'cool' it. These aren't recommended - they use more power, so can actually make the xbox hotter.

Also don't open up the xbox to clean it, this will bith void your warranty and is against the Terms of Use, meaning you could wind up with a ban.
  4. J0hn Win User

xbox keeps overheating.

You could always try to carefully use the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner to draw accumulated dust from the vent holes on your Xbox. This is something I do periodically with my PC, Xbox and some other electrical kit. Flowing current does tend to make dust motes
    stick and bunch up inside electrical equipment cases which can then seriously hamper the cooling airflow.

I wouldn't recommend dismantling anything though, although it might be required if you have lots of heat trouble, you can do more harm than good, not to mention invalidating warranties!
  5. ChaoticOrb Win User

xbox keeps overheating.

There are a number of steps you can take to improve the ventilation of the console.

• first check that the console is in the best location for good ventilation
    • then let it cool down for a few hours before firing it back up again
    • if neither of these help then it's probably best to request a repair.
    The
    Xbox support page about overheating
    explains each of these in further details.
    Hope that helps.
  6. HassanB Win User

My Console Keeps Overheating

Bare in mind that if you open the console (which is not a good thing) if you mess something up, or something just doesn't work and you request an out of warranty console Microsoft will refuse to repair it since it has been opened. So in those terms you'd
    have to purchase a new console, if you wanted to keep this console it would be a $99 service charge to get the console repaired.
Thema:

Help my xbox keeps "overheating"!!

1. Help my xbox keeps "overheating"!! - Similar Threads - Help keeps overheating

2. My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help

in XBoX on Windows
    My pc keeps going form 60 to 15 fps even when im playing non demanding games, please help: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s) Adapter Type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, NVIDIA compatible I do not understand, i used to play...
  3. Begging for help!! I keep getting this Game Pass/Gold pop up when trying to play WWE 2K22.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Begging for help!! I keep getting this Game Pass/Gold pop up when trying to play WWE 2K22.: I see others post this happening with other games as well. If your answer is "just buy game pass" don't waste my time please. First Microsoft said I need Game Pass to play the game. That's not...
  4. My Xbox party keeps saying connecting and then it kicks me help me with this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox party keeps saying connecting and then it kicks me help me with this problem: Every time I join a party it keeps Saying connecting on my Xbox party e7b54fe3-5e89-4c0d-ac32-9b137a8d9543
  5. Xbox keeps freezing then crashing. help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox keeps freezing then crashing. help: I will be playing a game for like 40 minutes then my Xbox will freeze and I will hear like a erhhrhr sound then it turns off it doesn’t say overheating or anything any suggestions submitted by...
  6. Game download keeps pausing. Double NAT detected. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download keeps pausing. Double NAT detected. Help!: Hi everyone I have purchased Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, but when downloading it keeps pausing immediately. I went through the standard procedures I found online to resolve this but no luck. I got...
  7. Trying to sign in password but keep getting error 762 can you help thanks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to sign in password but keep getting error 762 can you help thanks: Can’t log in keep getting error 762 can you help f18f5ce3-e2c1-4214-a806-fa6272591993
  8. Every Xbox app keeps glitching out every time I try to click sign in Please help me play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Every Xbox app keeps glitching out every time I try to click sign in Please help me play...: All of a sudden any xbox app such as the main one with game pass, the controller editing one and even game bar all refuse to sign me in. Every time I try to sign in, a new window with the xbox...
  9. Microsoft Call Center workers keeps hanging up on me when i need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Call Center workers keeps hanging up on me when i need help: ok i thought call center workers help people NOT hanging up on them this had happened way to many times to me and to be fair it's getting rude the lady workers keeps on hanging up on me this is...
  10. My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.: This morning, while I was playing Sunset Overdrive, my Xbox One shut off without warning. I figured it was a fluke – something bumped the power cord, I had an otherwise-imperceptible power surge,...