(HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...

Discus and support (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I had this problem a week ago, rang microsoft and was told its a disc drive issue. Sent mine off for "repairs" and got a new replacement a few days... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TheSeag, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:22 AM.

1. /u/TheSeag
    /u/TheSeag Guest

(HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...

I had this problem a week ago, rang microsoft and was told its a disc drive issue. Sent mine off for "repairs" and got a new replacement a few days later. It worked fine for a couple days but now doesnt work at all again. I cant imagine i need a 3rd xbox in the soace of a week since my replacement was brand new. I use the 4tb seagate offical xbox external harddrive to store most of my games. But i transfered over Cyberpunk 2077 and COD: Cold War for the faster load times to make use of the internal SSD. I have transfered it back to the external and full uninstall and reinstall and still nothing works. I have tried all the troubleshooting i can think of or find online.

I recently downloaded gears 5 via the games with gold and that plays and loads perfectly, only affects my disc based games and its every single one of them. Some of the older titles will get as far as loading to the title screen, but then they all freeze.

I tried talking to microsoft again and they just wanna give me a new xbox, i cant be arsed to ship it and wait for a new one since i believe its a software issue, maybe something to do with the preview initative.

submitted by /u/TheSeag
    [link] [comments]

2. [Farscape] Win User

0x803f8001 Error Xbox Series S

you cannot use disc based games on the series s, you need the disc in the drive to authenticate and prove you own the game. as the series s is all digital you would need the series x to play disc based games.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Spider man game not on Xbox one

Based on my understanding of how the Series X is going to work, it should be playable on that system.
    Forgive me but your understanding is wrong.

Series X is going to play only the current Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that have been made BC until now, and most, if not all, Xbox One games. It won't play every Xbox game.
  4. dempup Win User

Will the xbox series s support external disk drives.

Hi Oliver.

No external optical drives will be supported on the Series S/X. For disc based gaming, you will need to purchase the Series X, NOT s.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Kan game opeens niet meer starten[Can't start game suddenly anymore]

We will need some more info to help you better. Are you getting any error codes? Have you tried to play other 360 disc based games?
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Just let me play already!!

Hi there, Nirrson,

Thanks for the reply! Regarding the error code that you received,
    0x803F8001,
    would you happen to own the game on disc? If you’re playing a disc-based game, insert the game disc into the Xbox console. If the disc is already inserted, see
    Troubleshoot problems playing a disc on Xbox One. If you happen to have bought the game digitally, then please make sure that you are signed into
    the same profile used for the initial purchase.

Hope this helps a bit more!
Thema:

1. (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every... - Similar Threads - HELP series longer

2. Can anyone help? My Minecraft is delayed on my Xbox Series X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help? My Minecraft is delayed on my Xbox Series X.: My Minecraft is delayed (Input lag). When I press the jump button, my character jumps a little after. Can anyone help me? My Minecraft is digital and not disc copy. These are the things that I...
  3. Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Keep Crashing - Sent for repair but didn’t help: Hi everyone. So I purchased the Series X probably about a month after launch. Everything was fine for about a month then I started to get random crashes in game. I eventually sent it back...
  4. "Unable to Load World" Minecraft Xbox Series X Help!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unable to Load World" Minecraft Xbox Series X Help!!!!: I recently purchased the xbox series x, and have run into a number of issues while trying to run Minecraft. I have a main creative world where I have spent nearly 300+ hours building and have run...
  5. Help Cold War raytracing series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Cold War raytracing series S: Hi, I bought the xbox series s and I doesn't have the Raytracing data pack on Call of Duty Cold War, can someone help me?! Français/English (I have the right version of the game installed on my...
  6. Minecraft "Unable to Load World" Xbox Series X Help!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft "Unable to Load World" Xbox Series X Help!!!!: I recently purchased the xbox series x, and have run into a number of issues while trying to run Minecraft. I have a main creative world where I have spent nearly 50+ hours building a castle/space...
  7. help, series x hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    help, series x hard drive: Hi, i was playing on GTA with a buddy and all of a sudden my hard drive kept disconecting and re-connecting, can someone help? ff9fb5b0-0b24-4926-9a32-f8a746c1e30a
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Replacement Help/Advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Warranty Replacement Help/Advice?: I initiated a controller replacement on January 5 for an Elite Series 2 that was a gift for someone. He told me he had the right bumper issue, and as it wore on he ended up with stick drift....
  9. I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a JBL 5.1 soundbar system and need help setting up on series x.: So recently i was able to get a hold of a xbox series x and i have a 5.1 Jbl soundbar. I have the xbox plugged into m LG C8 and the tv into the soundbar through ARc hdmi. I noticed that if i...
  10. Visage game on Series X - Cannot navigate the menus. Can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Visage game on Series X - Cannot navigate the menus. Can someone help?: I recently purchased Visage for the Series X. Upon startup, i am unable to navigate the menu system. The menus come up, but i am unable to move through them. “A” will allow the selection of New...