Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X)

Discus and support Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues connecting my controller after the console has been shut down. When I hold the home button to turn the console on, it either... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xMr_Papadapolis, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X)

I am having issues connecting my controller after the console has been shut down. When I hold the home button to turn the console on, it either continuously blinks or just lights up and stops lighting up when I stop holding it down. Holding this is supposed to wake the console, but it not only does not wake the console, it doesn't even connect to the console if I turn the console on manually. The only way I can connect the controller is to plug it in via USB and turn it on (after which I can disconnect it and it stays connected wirelessly), but it will only stay connected while the console is on. When the console shuts off, the same issues above come back and I am no longer able to wake the console with the controller or connect it without plugging it back in manually. Is this a known issue? I only have 1 controller for the console and have never connected any other controller to the console, it is the original controller the console came with and I have the most recent update for the controller, so I have no idea what the issue is. Also, the "sync" options to recognize the controller to the console does absolutely nothing; plugging it in is literally the only way it will connect. Is my controller just bunk? This is an extremely annoying issue that I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

xMr_Papadapolis, Mar 15, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi xMr_Papadapolis! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please, first try to change the batteries on the controller, if you can use non rechargeable new batteries will be the best

If that doesn't work please try the steps here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  4. M1keD26 Win User

Xbox - Surface earbuds

Unfortunately not, currently any headset needs to be connected using a cable in to the controller or via the xbox one stereo adapter which attaches to the controller.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

I don't know yet whether or not they'll be able to be used with the Series X.
  5. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
Thema:

1. Help Needed: Controller Not Connecting After Shutdown (Xbox Series X) - Similar Threads - Help Needed Controller

2. Xbox One controller does not work. Need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller does not work. Need help: My controller won’t turn on. There is nothing wrong with my batteries as it’s brand new, I put it in the controller and press the power button but it does not light up , its not fully broken as I...
  3. Missing Controller. Need help!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing Controller. Need help!: This is a long one but please bear with me So i ordered a controller and it said delivered, i checked and nothing was there, so i contacted UPS. I got far enough that im at the first step for a...
  4. Need help connecting my wired headset to my pc via my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting my wired headset to my pc via my xbox controller: I am trying to use my wired headset on my pc but have a messed up audio jack so i want it to go through the controller. I have it connected to the pc by a USB and still don't see it pop up...
  5. I need help with an ipega-9167 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with an ipega-9167 controller: So, I went ahead and bought a new ipega controller (the PG-9167). Unfortunately, I keep getting an error from the GamePass app saying to pair a compatible controller each time I try to play a...
  6. I need some help with configuration of my controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need some help with configuration of my controller: Hi everyone, I've never played on controler and now i bought my first one and it is so hard for me to aim in cod. Can u recommend me settings that u use in cod warzone that might make it a bit...
  7. I need help with something, who has an EliteSeries2 controller and can help me?

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with something, who has an EliteSeries2 controller and can help me?: I need help with something, who has an EliteSeries2 controller and can help me? submitted by /u/Think_Ad_5862 [link] [comments]
  8. Need help with FH5 Controller preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with FH5 Controller preorder: When ever a go to preorder it, it says "Go to retailers website" but I can't find a retailer that sells it 41d311a4-cebb-4127-9545-84c4b0cf9895
  9. Need help with my controller on Google Chrome | Xbox Cloud

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with my controller on Google Chrome | Xbox Cloud: Using cloud Xbox, but when I hit RT OR RB it pulls up either a Word search for the tab, or the copy and paste menu. How do I disable these shortcuts for my controller. It keeps interrupting...
  10. Missing Controller. Need help!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing Controller. Need help!: This is a long one but please bear with me So i ordered a controller and it said delivered, i checked and nothing was there, so i contacted UPS. I got far enough that im at the first step for a...