Help needed - new to gaming

Discus and support Help needed - new to gaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there all. I hope you can help with some basic guidance. All stores are closed so i have no one to ask! I am a complete novice at gaming and havent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IanWilliams77, May 22, 2020.

1. Help needed - new to gaming

Hi there all. I hope you can help with some basic guidance. All stores are closed so i have no one to ask! I am a complete novice at gaming and havent owned a console since having a Sega Mega Drive as a kid! My son wants an Xbox for his birthday. Im looking
    at an Xbox One S. He is obsessed with Fortnite despite never playing it!? My question is about games and his account etc. I have set up an account for myself. Can i set him one up also? Can i also set a profile / account up for his sister so she can play games
    on his Xbox? Also, i cant find an Xbox Fortnite bundle anywhere. Seems theyve been discontined. Can i buy Fortnite as a disc or a download for him to play? Any help and guidance into how this all works would be greatfully received! Thank you!

:)

IanWilliams77, May 22, 2020
  2. denis97g Win User

Hi! yes, you can set up an account for each of your children. Here's a guide

https://www.windowscentral.com/parents-guide-xbox-one
    . Fortnite is free, so you'll just have to download it from the console store, but you'll need an xbox live gold subscription to play online.
  3. IanWilliams77 Win User

Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated! You mention being able to download fortnite but not being able to play online unless subscribing....

can he play fortnite without being online? Or does he HAVE to be online to play it? Many thanks again, all starting to make sense now!
  4. Jayhab4real Win User

Fortnite is an online multiplayer, so he (you) would need xbox live as a minimum.

Just a heads up, although the game is free, the developers make their money from in-game purchases... Left unchecked it can become quite expensive!

Game-wise and personally, I believe GPU is fantastic value for money; i only purchased an xbox one last September and jumped straight into GPU on the recommendation of a friend; it's so good, i haven't yet paid for a single game, yet play almost everyday
    and have a hard drive full of games!
  5. Jayhab4real Win User

Hi,

Yes you can set up accounts for your children and link them to yours as a family and use the parental controls to monitor their interactions online etc.

You can purchase Fortnite separately either as a disc from the likes of Amazon ir as a digital copy from tge xbox store. However, Microsoft has a subscription service...

At the basic level, there's Xbox live, which allows online play etc and provides 4 free selected games per month to download and keep.

Next there is Game Pass, which alliws access to a large library of games for free for as long as you subscribe or as long as a particular game is in the library.

The final tier is Game Pass Ultimate, which has the benefits if standard GP and xbox live as well as allowing game pass on PC (but with a smaller library of games).

There are quite often offers for upgrading from live to ultimate for the cost of £1/€1/$1. This is a brilliant offer to take advantage of if you purchase up to 3 years of the less expensive xbox live then take up the uograde offer, as it converts the full
    3 years to ultimate!
  6. Grafton1822 Win User

Hi

thank you for your questions. Ill answer them to the best of my knowledge. Yes you can set up multiple accounts under one xbox. Yours should you set it up first will be the primary this is the one you buy your game pass under and most the games. As for finding
    a xbix game bundle for fortnite i couldnt tell you. I dont know. Best bet is to look on amazon or your local buy and sell pages. You download fortnite from the xbox store on your console its a free download with in game purchases if you chose to do so.
Thema:

1. Help needed - new to gaming - Similar Threads - Help needed gaming

2. I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game: When i try to install/update an App or game, the process stays in "updating" or "installing" but never finished, sometimes receive the following error You need this update, but we cant get it...
  3. I need help installing a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help installing a game: I'm unable to install a specific game (Ori and the Will of the Wisps) on the Microsoft store using the Xbox Gamepass. For some reason this game will not install because of a error that says "Check...
  4. : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router...: : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router equipment. Hi, at a point you mentioned mobile hotspot, you have problem with that too? if so then the...
  5. Need help with games not installing to external drive

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with games not installing to external drive: Games will no longer install to my external hard drive. Attempt to install a game and it stops, giving me an "installation stopped" error. Apps install fine. Apps also transfer to and from fine....
  6. Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.: I have been selected for project x cloud but I want to play games from my console on my phone? Can someone help me set this up? Because I cannot find clear instruction on how to do this. I'm also...
  7. NEED HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    NEED HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GAMES: NEED HELP NEW TO THE XBOX WORLD!!! So I bought a xbox one off gamestop (keep this in minded it was a refurbished xbox one), got it yesterday played for an hr went to bathroom come back it turned...
  8. Moved house, no internet for a month. Need help accessing games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moved house, no internet for a month. Need help accessing games.: Hi, Like the title says, we have had to move during the covid problem, which we have managed okay, but we cant get the internet set up till mid june due to there not being engineers to fit it....
  9. I need help getting to games that I have claimed from xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help getting to games that I have claimed from xbox live gold: I have a couple games that aren't showing up in the "All owned Games" tab. I know of at least 5 games that I can't ges t that I had from xbox live gold. The "Xbox live Gold" tab where I assume...
  10. Game share! Need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share! Need help: Hi , please help I game shared with my sister, she downloaded the new modern warfare but it says she has to buy it? Help! I have her Xbox set as my home and my xbox set as her home. We live in...