Help with Child and Adult Xbox Account

Discus and support Help with Child and Adult Xbox Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my son has been using my adult account for his box for a while. I have just recently set him up with a new child account for the Xbox, my question... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheCHAPL1NS, Feb 19, 2019.

1. TheCHAPL1NS
    TheCHAPL1NS Guest

So my son has been using my adult account for his box for a while. I have just recently set him up with a new child account for the Xbox, my question is how do I move all the friends and information over to his new child account? The friends list isn't too
    bad but the rest of the games scored etc are linked to my adult account, does anyone know how to move all this information over to the new child account?

When he now logs into the child account he also cannot log into Fortnight automatically either - does anyone know how to solve these 2 issues?

Any help and advise on how to do this would be great. Thank you

:)

TheCHAPL1NS, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Zenosos Win User

Family accounts

An adult account is required in order to set up restrictions for your child's account, ideally you would put gold on the adult account and share that with the child's account that would be added.

For more info on this you can go to https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

This page also covers all alternatives including if there is currently not adult account on the xbox
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Taking off the parent account

Hi Hendo,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If the account is still a child it is recommended to keep the adult account assigned to the family until the child account graduates to an adult account. If you are an adult and made a child account in error there is

ways you can prove your age.
    As on Xbox.com you are unable to change the birthdate at all.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  4. Dave Ses Win User

My Xbox account is restricted...

5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Problems with age.

I found this, hope it helps.

Promote a child account to an adult account in Xbox

Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States. The legal adult age varies by country and region (for
    example, the adult age in Korea is 20).

Child accounts are tied to an adult's Microsoft account. The adult account can control Family Settings and restrict some features of Xbox LIVE.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions.

To promote a child account to an adult account

Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Select Promote Child Account.

Note The age of an account owner is calculated by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account
    using the correct date of birth. This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region.

Follow the on-screen instructions to promote the account.
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

Cannot download Free Gold Game: Hitman Absolution due to "Child" or "Teen" account??

Thema:

1. Help with Child and Adult Xbox Account - Similar Threads - Help Child Adult

2. I need help removing child consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help removing child consent: When i go to the microsoft family page i scroll down and i see manage child info but it justs keeps refreshing the page over and over again i just need help removing child consent what do i do...
  3. Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help. Cannot share gold account on home xbox with child account.: We have 2 Xbox One's in our house, A model S and a model X. I am the parent account of my 2 kids accounts. Boy and Girl. The Boy has an active Xbox gold subscription and his home Xbox is the...
  4. Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help adding money to child account - losing the will to live!!: So at half 5 today my son tried to purchase some fifa coins with his xmas money. he selected the options, it said he needed parental permission and that i could authorise it online (which i...
  5. I can not get any help changing the birth date on an account listed as a child account in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can not get any help changing the birth date on an account listed as a child account in...: I created the child account years ago not knowing the birth date would be such a crucial thing. I got a 2nd Xbox for Christmas this year and put a 2 year subscription to Xbox Live on it only to...
  6. Big problem related to child accounts and online gaming, pls help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Big problem related to child accounts and online gaming, pls help.: So, first of all, I bought an Xbox One X bundle and made an account with my real DOB, and played some offline games, while I was trying to understand why online wouldn't work on games like FIFA...
  7. I need help changing a child account to an adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help changing a child account to an adult account: So about two years ago I sold my friend my Xbox One, and helped him make an account with me being the "parent" and him being the "child". Well now he is experiencing issues with playing certain...
  8. FIFA Points: Purchase without understanding by child...Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA Points: Purchase without understanding by child...Help!: Dear Microsoft, My 14 year old son has purchased a range of Xbox related points for FIFA games. He did this without understanding that there were costs involved and I would like to get a refund on...
  9. Help with child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with child account: Hi, i set up a childs account for a friend so they could play on their xbox with me online together. What we didnt know at the time was that a childs account is linked to my xbox live membership,...
  10. Adult child account help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adult child account help: Alright I got my Xbox about a year ago and it didn't get done update and starting till late at night. I created my account email and actual Xbox account and filled out privacy and all other info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings