Help with controller response issues

Discus and support Help with controller response issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am very frustrated and not sure what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here's what's going on, on my original Xbox One, I kept having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvanWentzel, Sep 22, 2019.

1. EvanWentzel
    EvanWentzel Guest

I am very frustrated and not sure what to do, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here's what's going on, on my original Xbox One, I kept having issues where the console would think the joysticks
    were being moved when they weren't, or would seem to get stuck. This would cause my character in games to move randomly, making it impossible to play any game. I thought it was an issue with my controller, but I tried other controllers with my console, same
    issue, and tried my controller on friend's console, and there was no issue. I decided to buy a new Xbox One X off amazon hoping to solve the problem, and two days after first using it the same issue started again! I have searched the web for any similar issues
    and cannot figure out what to do. Hopefully someone on here can point me in the right direction.

:)

EvanWentzel, Sep 22, 2019
  2. ExcaIibur Win User

Pretty simple to work out...

Connect your controller to the Xbox using a cable.

If it works fine, then you know you have interference from something in the room/house most likely.

If its still doing it after trying that, then its your wi-fi/network connection.
  3. OracularParty93 Win User

Ask you local game dealer and tell them "Is this controller used?" If they say yes then say" can i return it?"If they let you return it

get a fresh new controller.
  4. EvanWentzel Win User

I have not thought of that, I will try moving some things around to see if it improves the situation
  5. EvanWentzel Win User

Both of my controllers are up to date
  6. CrazY1985 Win User

Do you have some products in your house that can interfere with the wireless signal from the controllers?
Thema:

1. Help with controller response issues - Similar Threads - Help controller response

2. I need help disabling parental controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help disabling parental controls.: Hello. I need help disabling parental controls. Once, my wife set him up so that the children wouldn’t get in where they shouldn’t, but recently we decided to remove it and realized that we...
  3. It acts like a controller issue but its NOT- help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    It acts like a controller issue but its NOT- help!: I have had my xbox 10 months. One week ago my wireless controller started going too fast up or sideways and i could do nothing. I tried my wired controller it did the same thing. I tried...
  4. Xbox One Controller issues need help - have tried it all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller issues need help - have tried it all: I have two Xbox One controllers that I haven't used much over the past year. However, I've several times recently tried to use the controller and it keeps giving me an error message saying 'low...
  5. Mysterious A button xbox one wireless controller help

in XBoX on Windows
    Mysterious A button xbox one wireless controller help: im having real issues playing forza 7 as every now and again it refuses to downshift using A button, now ive on 3rd controller, one with bluetooth/wireless receiver and its srill happening, if i...
  6. need help with parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help with parental controls: Need some help. I bought an Xbox one and set it up for my son to play Minecraft. Unfortunately I did not set it up for him to be the child. He is set up as the adult. I cannot put any parental...
  7. Headset and Controller issues....HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and Controller issues....HELP: Hello, Out of 4 controllers, only 2 of them will allow a headset to work, they did work fine till recently. This has been tried with serval headsets and consoles making the problem the...
  8. Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers: This has been an ongoing issue. We have gone through 3 Turtle Bay 50X headsets trying to get to the root of problem. Initially the headsets would work, but after a few weeks they would stop. When...
  9. Desin Lab controller issue, store customer service was no help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Desin Lab controller issue, store customer service was no help: So here's the deal, a few weeks ago I ordered a controller from the Design Lab. Black Abyss body, Midnight Blue triggers, bumpers, d-pad, and thumb sticks. Before ordering I made sure to view my...
  10. Need Help unlinking controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help unlinking controller: i have recently been trying to disconnect my xbox one controller from my xbox console. I didn’t know if there was a way to do this, but there is, can someone please help me?...