Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

Discus and support Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by pochizzled92, Aug 3, 2019.

1. pochizzled92
    pochizzled92 Guest

Hi Pochizzled92,

Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router. They are able to log in the router themselves. Personally did this myself through Comcast. Just make sure you have the ports needed for the Xbox which are:

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Thanks,

Brad

:)

pochizzled92, Aug 3, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Pochizzled92,

Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router. They are able to log in the router themselves. Personally did this myself through Comcast. Just make sure you have the ports needed for the Xbox which are:

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Thanks,

Brad
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there pochizzled92,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port forwarding for the Xbox system on your Comcast network.

I recommend to create a static IP for the console, and
    port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

If the issue persist, we recommend to contact your Internet Service Provider for more troubleshooting and configuring your Network connection and hardware.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. pochizzled92 Win User

Hi there ,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port forwarding for the Xbox system on your Comcast network.

I recommend to create a static IP for the console, and
    port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

If the issue persist, we recommend to contact your Internet Service Provider for more troubleshooting and configuring your Network connection and hardware.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    Funny enough, the link is blue for the static IP, which I mentioned I'm not sure if it's the same as a reserved IP - but I also made a post on my ISPs forums to try and resolve the issue but for now set my xbox to a reserved IP, but because the xbox uses
    IPv6 I'm still not able to add in ports forwarding to it, but will get back to you when I get more info as I work random hours and have not had a chance to contact them over the phone during the day.

Will let you know if reserved IP helps the issue any, and got my fingers crossed
  5. Joe4842 Win User

advice for configuring port triggering on comcast gateway

thanks for all the help folks. I should be able to handle it now.
  6. Judy Hoppss Win User

Connection

San Francisco California

Comcast Wireless Gateway 1

Model number TG852G

1 Xbox One

Wireless

All of the above including port forwarding and other troubleshooting tips from several support members

UnPn yes

No NAT error

Error code 0x780

Comcast or Xfinity
Thema:

1. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM - Similar Threads - Help disconnection able

2. i need help, keep getting disconnected from garage ,while playing armored warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i need help, keep getting disconnected from garage ,while playing armored warfare: what can I do to stop getting disconnected from server on armored warfare, while in garage, game is un playable. 647486d7-3a1d-4eac-8cd3-ff63182cb732
  3. Belkin: Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP!

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Belkin: Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP!: Belkin (Routers): Xbox Live Double NAT - Disconnection - PLEASE HELP! Hey Ryan, Thank you for reaching out. You will need to see which changes, if any, were made to the network while your console...
  4. Disconnecting controller PLEASE help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnecting controller PLEASE help: my new wireless controller keeps cutting in and out of connection. I read that having a laptop or router near it will interfere with connections, i was wondering if anyone with this problem knows...
  5. The help does not allow me to play online and it disconnects me too much. I do not know...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The help does not allow me to play online and it disconnects me too much. I do not know...: The help does not allow me to play online and it disconnects me too much. I do not know what to do to fix it. Help, xbox 360 [img] 1cbab85d-c3d6-49bf-b93d-84264b65fe8b
  6. Help! Controller is constantly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Controller is constantly disconnecting: My controller is constantly disconnecting from my Xbox One every couple of minutes for about 10-30 seconds at a time then will automatically connect again and the process repeats itself over and...
  7. Xbox One X Disconnect from Wifi/Xbox live problems. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Disconnect from Wifi/Xbox live problems. Please help.: Okay just got my xbox one x about a week ago and this problem has persisted from the get go. When I'm playing a game, or even just watching netflix all connectivity will stop and I will either be...
  8. Comcast: *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games: Comcast (ISPs): *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games Mine ended getting sent in for repairs. Will report back when I get it back. 88c2988c-6395-4a83-b8d5-db902bf346e6
  9. My controllers keep disconnecting with xbox one x .Need help to resolve problem.Did everything ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting with xbox one x .Need help to resolve problem.Did everything ...: During the any games controllers just keep disconnecting,wi- fi problem but how to fix it? df8db9ce-13a0-489f-bfd7-712ce9de88da
  10. XBOX One Controller Flashes & Disconnects, Then i Disconnect From Online - HELP PLEASE!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Controller Flashes & Disconnects, Then i Disconnect From Online - HELP PLEASE!!!!!: Hi All! Basically this problem only started happening over the last week or so. I pre-ordered FIFA 19 and played it early but constantly had lag in my games, so i decided to factory reset my XBOX...