Help with Fortnite Error "console only voice chat"

Discus and support Help with Fortnite Error "console only voice chat" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I am in a two-person party, both of us playing on xbox, both in fortnite, and trying to voice chat between us (we are in the same party) and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DonJuego28, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DonJuego28
    DonJuego28 Guest

When I am in a two-person party, both of us playing on xbox, both in fortnite, and trying to voice chat between us (we are in the same party) and my chat setting is for Party chat, I get an error message from fortnite telling me that some in my party (there
    is only one other) cannot hear me because they are in "console only voice chat."

What does that mean? How exactly is that fixed?

I have found one previous question exactly on this topic. The mod locked it but the answer provided by a MS agent is not responsive. He does not specify exactly what setting is wrong. The agent just makes general statements. We need a specific answer to this
    question. Thank you.

:)

DonJuego28, Feb 7, 2020
  2. BirauDacian Win User

Hi,

If you have kinect, conect the kinect to the console...at mine now it is work.
  3. DonJuego28 Win User

Hi Brad. It is not a random. It is my grandson playing on his xbox and we are friends and I have joined his party, or he has joined mine. We are together in the lobby. No one else is paired up with me.

Thanks
  4. RobertRamsey3 Win User

i need help asap i cant hear any other players not can they hear me
  5. BirauDacian Win User

Could you tell me if anyone solved this problem?

I can not talk with anybody on fortnite..

Regards,

Dacian
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

How are you inviting the other player to chat? Via the Xbox dashboard or in game? It might be that they are

restricted from joining certain chats via their Privacy and Online Safety Settings
    . I would tell them to review those settings, or have an adult in their Microsoft Account Family review those settings. It wouldn't hurt for you to review yours as well
    to see if they allow chat in/outside of Xbox Live and with whom.
Thema:

1. Help with Fortnite Error "console only voice chat" - Similar Threads - Help Fortnite Error

2. Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped: Hi I really need some help. We got fortnite for my son and spent hundreds on it. He then wanted a second account on fortnite for his friends to play on. Some how this account got linked to his...
  3. Hello please help me fortnite wont launch on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello please help me fortnite wont launch on xbox: When i launch fortnite i Just see fortnite screen for 5 secondes Android after its i get kicked to xbox home lobby And there is no any update for fortnite the Problem Come after every fortnite And...
  4. Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Help Needed: Fortnite is not recognizing input from my Xbox One controller: I just bought a PC and have been attempting to connect to Fornite using my Xbox One controller with a wired connection. The PC picks up my controller and the controller functions well in other...
  5. Wired Headset Turtle Beach Recon70 mic not working but only in Fortnite, help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Turtle Beach Recon70 mic not working but only in Fortnite, help!: Please help, I have Turtle Beach wired headset, I can hear people but they cannot hear me. I have tested the headset on another device and it works fine. The headset works in Forza (will then work...
  6. Help Please! Fortnite/Epic Games related question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help Please! Fortnite/Epic Games related question: Hi, sorry for the long post, but I am at my wits end. my 11 year old son has copied a you tube video which supposedly showed him how to get skins for free!! anywhere he has somehow unlinked his...
  7. help with head set not working all the time on Xbox one on fortnite?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help with head set not working all the time on Xbox one on fortnite?: my son has an Xbox one and plays on Fortnite, we recently bought him some head phones and a mic; which worked for a few days and then stopped, then it worked again and then stopped and despite...
  8. I need help trying to get fortnite content that I never recieved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help trying to get fortnite content that I never recieved: So a few months ago I bought the cobalt pack and 1000 vbucks on the Microsoft store and didn't receive either item i purchased. I have accessed my account via PC and PS4 but it still to this day...
  9. Help linking fortnite & epic on two Xbox’s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help linking fortnite & epic on two Xbox’s.: Linking TWO XBOX live accounts My step son has two Xbox’s. One with us and one with his dad. With this, two separate Xbox live accounts. It’s already caused problems with game syncing. Now he’s...
  10. Fortnite won't load - 0x800701E7 error message. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite won't load - 0x800701E7 error message. Help!: My son has been trying to load Fortnite since this afternoon but each time it fails to do it and comes up with a message saying installation problem, error 0x800701E7 you need to cancel the...