Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x

Discus and support Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I just got the series x and I was wondering how do I set my refresh rate to 60 in settings? I don’t even see the drop down menu when I have 4K... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MvPeterson2828, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x

Hi, I just got the series x and I was wondering how do I set my refresh rate to 60 in settings? I don’t even see the drop down menu when I have 4K selected. When I changed from recommended to HDMI the refresh rate drop down pops up and works but then I can’t enable 4K. I checked my tv manual and HDMI 1 is 60 HZ and my tv is very capable of 4K as well. I put it back to recommended instead of HDMI and 4K part is enabled and all good again but I’m not sure if it’s running in 60HZ or not? Does it just do it automatically? I’m just trying to be sure I’m not doing something wrong lol. I have a 65in Samsung 4K TV. Model is UN65TU7000. Also, is it recommend to use Auto HDR? Thanks again!

submitted by /u/MvPeterson2828
    [link] [comments]

/u/MvPeterson2828, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Will Xbox provide a fix for HDMI 2.0 144hz monitor to support 1440p 120hz/VRR OS Display Settings

Unlikely, as there is no purposes in doing so. as no Xbox software renders above 60hz. Your monitor already scales and doubles to a fixed refresh rate anyway. If you want high refresh rates you need to use a pC or possibly waiting for Series X
  4. XBF George L Win User

Xbox one x allow variable refresh rate grey out

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with the refresh rate on your monitor is that correct. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of the monitor and seeing if they have more information
    about their products compatibility. Take a look at this helpful support article about how to set up your Xbox Ones display settings

Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S

Hope this helps
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Gaming monitor Xbox one X

Since you didn't specify any constraints to what you're looking for (other than 4K/HDR support), I'll show you a general article that is a compilation of various 4K/HDR monitors to choose from: http://denwereview.com/best-hdr-gaming-monitor-xbox-one-x-ps4-pro-pc/

Some things to keep in mind:

• Games are currently capped to 60 FPS. You may not see any improvement on refresh rates higher than 60Hz.
    • 1440p support was confirmed by Microsoft, but it hasn't been implemented yet.
    • For 4K on the Xbox One X, the monitor must have at least HDMI 2.0 for input.
    • The monitor needs to support the HDR10 profile to enable HDR on the Xbox One S/X.
    • HDR quality varies between monitors; you want at least 350 nits if you want the "true HDR" experience.
    • The Xbox One X supports "AMD FreeSync", which enables variable refresh rates. Only gaming monitors support this feature as of 2017.
  6. guestar Win User

Xbox Series X does not allow HDR10:on with Screen resolutions below 4K

Hi,

Unfortunately the Asus ROG Strix XG279Q is limited to 60Hz with HDR, it's a limitation of the monitor hardware. It will either be HDR on or off I'm afraid.

A lot of gaming monitors have quite poor HDR, with low peak brightness. The "HDR" feature on a lot of monitors is a selling point that customers expect to see, rather than it being actually good. Also this monitor has a lot more input lag at 60Hz with HDR
    enabled.

I would drop HDR and enjoy 1440P at 120Hz as a better option. Making sure you also enable Variable Refresh Rate.
    Hi,

thank you for your fast reply and your explanation. Where did you find this info?

As I just bought this monitor because I thought it is a very good choice for the new Series X and the RTX 3070 as well, I can still change it to another Monitor - do you have any better suggestion for 27" and the Series X?

Thank you,

Günther
Thema:

Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x

1. Help with HDR and refresh rate settings for series x - Similar Threads - Help HDR refresh

2. Need help for 4k and HDR chiQ android tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help for 4k and HDR chiQ android tv: FR : J'ai une télé chiQ modele U43H7A, impossible d'activer le 4K ni l'HDR sur ma xbox one S, je l'ai déj mise en detection automatique, mais lorsque je coche la case 4K j'ai une erreur qui me...
  3. 4K HDR help

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K HDR help: so doing the 4k test my xbox has green checks on everything but the dolby vision. do i seriously need dolby vision for 4k on xbox? 48d99686-170e-4f3b-a641-6877fa78d674
  4. HDR problems with an Xbox one X can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR problems with an Xbox one X can anyone help?: [img] Hello can anyone help me sort out my HDR it works with other consoles just not my xbox one X 4e01d5bb-0466-4252-8343-9b0188168dde
  5. Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung: Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers): Need help setting up HDR support on my Samsung 4K TV Hey Ladies and Gents we suggest if it hasn't already been done to Start a New Thread so we can better assist...
  6. Allow HDR Grayed Out -- Help Please!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow HDR Grayed Out -- Help Please!!: So I have a 2016 LG49 UF6490 TV. It allows HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color on port one. I recently got the Xbox One X and have been trying to get the HDR setting to be selectable. The Xbox support pages...
  7. Allow HDR Grayed Out -- Help Please!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow HDR Grayed Out -- Help Please!!: So I have a 2016 LG49 UF6490 TV. It allows HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color on port one. I recently got the Xbox One X and have been trying to get the HDR setting to be selectable. The Xbox support pages...
  8. Help setting up HDR compatibility with Samsung 4K TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help setting up HDR compatibility with Samsung 4K TV?: I recently purchased a Samsung MU7000 TV which I triple checked with Samsung has HDR 10 support and is a 2017 model, and should have no problems displaying any HDR content from games or movies....
  9. No HDR output issue, help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDR output issue, help!: Hi all, just got the family a One S for Christmas and I'm having a problem with HDR output. The TV is a Samsung UN65KS8500. Xbox is directly connected to theTV with supplied HDMI cable into HDMI 1...
  10. Xbox one HDR help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one HDR help: was lucky enough to win a SamsungHG55ND890WBXXU in the Carling promotion in the summer which led me to get an Xbox one S to make use of the 4K UHD features! The TV is a hospitality TV but I've...