Help with Hulu on Xbox. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't.

Discus and support Help with Hulu on Xbox. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The title sums it up. Here's the longer version: So this has been going on for a couple months now. I've had an email going with support and they only... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sadunk, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Sadunk
    Sadunk Guest

The title sums it up. Here's the longer version:

So this has been going on for a couple months now. I've had an email going with support and they only help so much. They sent me to their advanced settings page where I changed my DNS settings.
    http://www.hulu.com/help/articles/23312758#xbox1 That worked for 1 episode, but then the next day it stopped again. So here's what happens, the app runs fine, I pick what I want
    to watch and the ads play with no problem or stalling. Once that's over, the video stutters or buffers for a minute, then plays for a couple seconds and buffers again. It keeps doing that.

Netflix works perfectly though. No stalls there at all. So it has to be a problem on Hulu's end right? Hulu sent me to a speed test website that runs on the Xbox (flash based sites don't work). I was getting something like 2mb down/up but when I did the
    network test that's in the Xbox settings menu, I get 18mb down, 2mb up (what I should be getting). Hulu works on my phone and PC with no problems.

Hoping this would be the right place to ask. Hope you can help. Thanks.

I've also uninstalled it, unplugged modem, router, xbox... wait 30 sec., etc. I don't know what else to do.

:)

Sadunk, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Xbox Live Down for the Count

No netflix doesn't work or hulu. No apps

1a29af72-2b57-40d9-9f47-c70b0d7127dc, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Error 0x80D0000A apps won't install or update

when i try to update or install apps (specifically Hulu and Netflix) it stops after a second or two, stating "installation stopped". I know they're is no problem with the connection as i can watch Netflix on this app with no problem. Hulu doesn't work because
    the update is required.

UtileAttorney25, Apr 29, 2015
  4. 1a29af72-2b57-40d9-9 Win User

Xbox Live Down for the Count

No netflix doesn't work or hulu. No apps
  5. PEANUTx420 Win User

xbox one rearrange pins not in the right order

ok I figured it out. its actually not random. wherever I put a pin, the next time I go back it is located one more tile to the left. FOR EXAMPLE:

I start in order from left to right (hulu, Netflix, crackle, youtube)

1 if I take Netflix and put it at the end ( hulu, crackle, youtube, Netflix)

2 then the next time it will show ( hulu, crackle, Netflix, youtube)

3 now lets say I take hulu and put it at the end ( crackle, Netflix, youtube, hulu)

4 now then it will show ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

5 ok one last example I take crackle and put it in between Netflix and hulu ( Netflix, crackle, hulu, youtube)

6 ok it goes back to ( crackle, Netflix, hulu, youtube)

hopefully this examples it but like I said, it goes one more tile over to the left that I place it at.

very frustrating
  6. US Revenge Win User

X1 Live Subscription will Cost More

and price is too much for xbox live. if they want to REALLY make it worth it, have XBL gold come with free netflix and hulu plus subscriptions $60 a year for netflix + hulu plus = awesome.
  7. Merlin4421 Win User

Wi-Fi performance issues or something else?

Hulu and Netflix are having issues it's in the support forums. I get a jitter at times on Netflix and Hulu. Most likely the app company needs to come with an update.
  8. Military-0FBB78A6-AD Win User

Television on Xbox?

Well xbox has netflix and Hulu basically TV.
Thema:

1. Help with Hulu on Xbox. Netflix works, Hulu doesn't. - Similar Threads - Help Hulu Netflix

2. I need help with console streaming

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with console streaming: Hello so today I was trying to set up console streaming on my xbox one s. I downloaded the streaming app on my phone I am an insider for a couple years now and I'm on Delta ring then I test my...
  3. Help with linking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with linking: Um plz can i link and account to my xbox itwont let me and i was wondering if you could delete my account and link my tpother contact me if you can? e731b2cc-74c1-452b-8f2c-7eea98b2e0cf
  4. Streaming conundrum. Anything helps.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming conundrum. Anything helps.: So, I really need some help. The "Xbox Gamer" I chatted with was zero help. I am attempting to stream from my Xbox One to my laptop. Both are up to date, and the laptop is running windows ten....
  5. Please help this rubbish tech parent! Microsoft log in for Minecraft not recognised by Mojang

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help this rubbish tech parent! Microsoft log in for Minecraft not recognised by Mojang: Hello! My son loves Minecraft and the account he uses is logged in via the Microsoft log in page, which takes you straight into the game. He plays on an Apple ipad. He wants to change his...
  6. Help with python smartglass api

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with python smartglass api: File "C:\Users\1337\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\lib\site-packages\xbox\sg\console.py", line 273, in connect raise ConnectionError("Anonymous connection not allowed, please"...
  7. Need some help with Mobile Streaming Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Need some help with Mobile Streaming Preview: So I'm all set up as far as I know my controller is connected to phone and all, but the app just won't progress beyond the Learn More page, probably a stupid question but is there something more I...
  8. I need help, I accidently bought Xbox Gamepass for PC instead of the regular in general.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help, I accidently bought Xbox Gamepass for PC instead of the regular in general.: I accidently bought the Xbox Gamepass ONLY For PC, I meant to buy it for both Console and PC, Please help Xbox. ddffd461-4a1e-48a1-9d51-5e5040753c20
  9. Purchased Silver in Destiny 2 but never got it, and not getting any help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Silver in Destiny 2 but never got it, and not getting any help.: Last month I tried to Purchase silver in Destiny 2 on Xbox one. The purchase completed and my money was taken, but I never got the Silver i purchased. After trying every option I could find to...
  10. Minecraft worlds failed to sync/corrupted.....help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft worlds failed to sync/corrupted.....help?: So yesterday my internet went out for a few minutes while i was on minecraft. When i turned my minecraft off and came back as soon as my internet was back on, my worlds could not be loaded, giving...