Help with Xbox Networking Setup

Discus and support Help with Xbox Networking Setup in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Help with Xbox Networking Setup Hi, my name is Dion and I've got a bit of a problem with my Xbox One console. I've had it for 5 months now, and... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Phakathi12, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Phakathi12
    Phakathi12 Guest

Hi, my name is Dion and I've got a bit of a problem with my Xbox One console.

I've had it for 5 months now, and all of a sudden, it doesn't want to show any wireless networks to connect to. I don't know what happened, I didn't drop it or spill anything on it.

Please help me out with this issue, thanks.

:)

Phakathi12, Apr 25, 2018
  2. Droth1187
    Droth1187 Guest
    Hi so im new and I need some help with my XboxOne

make sure you dont have any static IPs setup in your network settings on your xbox?

power cycle modem

power off X1 by pressing and holding the power button on the X1 until it shuts down on its own

wait a minute

power on the x1

run the network setup from Settings

best bet will be to call MS if that doesnt work so they can determine if it is hardware issue but rule out any issues with your modem first

Droth1187, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Need help with network setup question

My apartment offers free internet but once you connect to the WiFi it would normally go to a web page login after on any other device of mine but my Xbox will connect to the WiFi but I cannot load up IE to login due to not being signed into Xbox live is
    there a way around this?

dakota4twenty, Apr 25, 2018
  4. PrizerUriel Win User

Multiplayer test is failed

Hello,

Thank you all for your help. I did so many actions, but finally it helped:

Restoring the XBOX

Rebooting the router

Setup ports in router

Setup DNS in XBOX

Changing the network name

Only after changing the network name, the problem has resolved...

Thank you all!
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One won't connect to network no matter what.

Hi

As you are receiving a few error messages can you please try following the
    network error troubleshooter
    and hopefully this will help you with getting everything setup and working.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

"Network isnt setup"

I have one coax cable connection and one network cable
    Ok, that is a cable modem. Meaning that device converts the cable signal to a network cable connection with a public IP address.

For testing what you can do is to unplug the power to the cable modem and turn off the xbox.

Then plug the network cable from the Xbox into the network cable port on the back of the modem and turn the modem back on.

After all the lights are up on the modem, then turn on the Xbox and go to the Network Settings on the xbox.

It may take a minute for the cable modem to give the Xbox an IP address but you should see a different IP address than these types below -

- 10.x.x.x

- 172.x.x.x

- 192.x.x.x

All of these IP addresses are what a router would hand out.

Your IP address should be different then those I just posted when the Xbox is connected directly to your cable modem

- Don't post your IP Address here -

If you get an IP address of 169.x.x.x then that means the Xbox is not getting an IP address of any type. And you might see that initially when connecting your Xbox to your cable modem.

Sometimes it takes a minute for the cable modem to pass that public IP address through to the Xbox
  7. Wi3Rd069 Win User

"Network isnt setup"

I dont know if i have a second router or if its a gateway
  8. Wi3Rd069 Win User

"Network isnt setup"

I want to clarify that my connection is wired
Thema:

1. Help with Xbox Networking Setup - Similar Threads - Help Networking Setup

2. Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S: I have been getting the Can't connect to your wireless network hardware problem all day long. When i tried to put my wifi password in on my brother's xbox it seems to be fine. Is there anything i...
  3. Xbox One WiFi Network issues Please HELP

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One WiFi Network issues Please HELP: Xbox One WiFi Network issues Please HELP Hi AlphaHc, Thanks for your response. You can still factory reset the console and have the ability to download your save data from the cloud, so long that...
  4. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help For billing issues you would need to contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I need help changing my router’s ...

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I need help changing my router’s ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: I need help changing my router’s configuration Hi, you will need to contact the IT support team that work for your college, and ask them to let...
  6. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HELP

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HELP: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: HELP For purchasing issues contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support...
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help me.

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help me.: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Help me. So My network is perfectly fine but, my xbox is saying it cant connect and my router isnt blocking it. Can someone please help???...
  8. Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN: When my Xbox One X is connected via LAN (wired), when turning it on most of the time it will not connect to the network. The only way it will then connect is if I switch back and forth between...
  9. How to view slideshow from media player of network files without cropping each photo - HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to view slideshow from media player of network files without cropping each photo - HELP!: HELLO - should be simple but I can find nothing on the internet. I have my Xbox One S networked. Through media player I can see and play most media files that are on my computer via my XBOX to...
  10. Need help with network setup question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with network setup question: My apartment offers free internet but once you connect to the WiFi it would normally go to a web page login after on any other device of mine but my Xbox will connect to the WiFi but I cannot load...