HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue

Discus and support HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having this weird screen glitch with my Series X for a couple months now, & it recently started popping up even more frequently where the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReaceNiles, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ReaceNiles
    ReaceNiles Guest

I've been having this weird screen glitch with my Series X for a couple months now, & it recently started popping up even more frequently where the picture just momentarily cuts out at seemingly random times. At first I thought it was my TV causing the problems, but after doing hours of testing with various gaming consoles on all my HDMI ports, I've narrowed down that the problem has to be the Xbox as this is the only machine experiencing this issue.

I've tried looking for solutions online & experimenting on my own to resolve this without any luck so far, so I was hoping maybe someone here who encountered this could help me out. Or worst case scenario if this is a console defect if I could get a free repair.

Below I've linked a post containing 2 recordings of this screen glitch in action, as maybe this will help people narrow down the issue. https://imgur.com/a/uzMidqD

:)

ReaceNiles, Apr 26, 2021
  2. IvanHristov123 Win User

Screen Flickering - Using non 4K TV - Xbox One X

Hey, having the same problem here. Using Xbox One X. It was working fine for a year and recently started flickering. I have bought a new 4k tv and it's even worse. I bought a new high speed HDMI cable: new set of issues - complete black screen or it flickers
    heavily. Went to test the XBOX on a 3rd tv and it flickers as well. I'd appreciate some help.
  3. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  4. Davolc Win User

Series X Issues

I have exactly the same issue today with the Xbox Series X but not the S.

"issue with flickering pixels that only happen on the menus of the console, but not in game"

tried multiple displays and multiples HDMI cable.

Do you have any news update?
  5. Rogg721 Win User

Tv screen keeps going black

I’m having the same issue, but its on the Xbox One X, and its only with HDR. Screen will flicker on and off randomly. If i wait long enough screen will stay black, never come back. I had to disable HDR on the port, flicker goes away ( so does hdr). Everything
    worked before the most recent update. Happens on every port, and only happens wjth my xbox. Thoughts?
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
Thema:

1. HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue - Similar Threads - HELP Series Has

2. Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 )

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for a help : My xbox series x can't run 4k UHD at 120HZ in my tv ( LG NANO86 ): Hey everyone i hope you're having a good day. I have xbox series x and before i buy any tv for it, i did watched so many reviews on YouTube that said LG NANO86 can run the series x on 4K UHD at...
  3. HDR issues on my Xbox Series S , kindly help!

in XboX Insiders
    HDR issues on my Xbox Series S , kindly help!: I absolutely love my Series and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good gaming machine on a tight budget,thank you Microsoft. Issue: I game on a 55inch Samsung Frame Tv (2020...
  4. : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow: : Help download speed on xbox series x is very slow Hello. I don't know how to fix this. My isp is hughesnet. We're using a gateway . But our download speeds on xbox is less than 5 mbs. On our...
  5. Xbox series s Ultimate and Live issues. Help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s Ultimate and Live issues. Help: I have access yo ultimate but live doesn't seem to be working. NHL21 says network error but tests say it's fine. Warzone won't work either. No online access. submitted by /u/Kernel85 [link]...
  6. Can somebody help me with an issue with the xbox series x please

in XboX Insiders
    Can somebody help me with an issue with the xbox series x please: Can somebody help me i can't play any games on the series x well just a little in cw,mw,warzone and then back to the home screen same thing with other games but never with video apps. If you got...
  7. Xbox Series X controller not working in games when I tap Alt+Tab, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller not working in games when I tap Alt+Tab, can anyone help?: I don't know why, but in some games when I press Alt+Tab, to do another things and i come back to continue the gameplay, my controller doesn't work in the game anymore, but in xbox game bar it is...
  8. Purchased 2 series X using All Access. Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased 2 series X using All Access. Help.: What do I do here ? I have a current subscription with 3 months left on it. Then I purchased two Xbox series X using all access. Each comes with a 24 month subscription. Can I wait a year or two...
  9. Does Xbox Series X Always Run At UHD? Microsoft Reps, Devs Please Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox Series X Always Run At UHD? Microsoft Reps, Devs Please Help.: The Xbox Series X is capable of 4k 60 output, but my monitor is only 1440 60 FPS. Is the console rendering a 4k 60 image, then downsampling it? Or just sending out a 1080 then upsampling it? I...
  10. My xbox has 2 gamertags and I cannot access the correct one in the series X please help! :(

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox has 2 gamertags and I cannot access the correct one in the series X please help! :(: Hello, Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. Essentially my challenge is there are 2 gamer tags related to my email. The one is autoselected and that is the one that doesn't have any...