"hide listings in search, stores & apps" impacts ALL accounts

Discus and support "hide listings in search, stores & apps" impacts ALL accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is this working as intended? when i check this box under one account it is impacting all the accounts on the xbox one. this seems like a bug. if not,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by battleforce4, Feb 17, 2014.

1. battleforce4
    battleforce4 Guest

is this working as intended? when i check this box under one account it is impacting all the accounts on the xbox one. this seems like a bug. if not, what is the method to change the experience for different users? i am the adult user and i do want to see
    call of duty etc when i search the store. my 6 yo daughter does not. checking that box cleans up the experience for her, but ruins it for me. please help.

oh, i think both accounts are adult bc i shared my original one with her. ive since let her take over that acct and created a new one for me. ive tried settings from either account and the result is the same (global impact). ... also tried with and without
    the family linkage. same issue

:)

battleforce4, Feb 17, 2014
  2. RunAarons
    RunAarons Guest
    Netflix

Check your privacy settings under "access to content and apps" uncheck "Hide listings in search, stores, & apps".

RunAarons, Feb 17, 2014
  3. iOS ID 00
    iOS ID 00 Guest
    Hide listing in search, stores, & apps

Can some one please help me enable “Hide listing in search, stores, & apps” on my child’s account. I don’t want them to even see any of the M rated games.

Here is a screenshot of where I was able to enable this, but it’s not there any more:

"hide listings in search, stores & apps" impacts ALL accounts [​IMG]

I set the restrictions to “Age 5”, but they can still see all the games installed on my Xbox. They can’t play them, but they can still see the artwork that I really don’t want them to see.

Microsoft support… can you please help me with this?

iOS ID 00, Feb 17, 2014
  4. "hide listings in search, stores & apps" impacts ALL accounts

I believe this is to prevent signing into another account to bypass any restrictions.

A possible future implementation could be to just require the parental control code to access content that is normal restricted. But currently a global impact is the only way parental controls will work.

AndrewBocanegra, Feb 22, 2014
  5. AndrewBocanegra Win User

I believe this is to prevent signing into another account to bypass any restrictions.

A possible future implementation could be to just require the parental control code to access content that is normal restricted. But currently a global impact is the only way parental controls will work.
  6. RunAarons Win User

Netflix

Check your privacy settings under "access to content and apps" uncheck "Hide listings in search, stores, & apps".
  7. battleforce4 Win User

How to change Icon pictures to family friendly.

if you are on xbox one try this: settings > privacy and online safety > access to content

then make sure to check "hide listings from search, stores & apps"

i cant recall the 360 menus
  8. Burnin TODI Win User

x1 Smartglass for Kindle Fire?

Interesting....I just did a search in the kindle fire app store and only found "Xbox SmartGlass for Android" no Xbox One SmartGlass apps....not sure where they are hiding it...
  9. Mister Maka Win User

App Ea access hub or Netflix not found

Thanks for clarifying!

Really odd that you're having trouble finding the apps. Do you possibly have a different account on your console you can test searching for the apps? I was able to test this and found the apps after searching within the Store.

Also, rather than searching, can you visit the app section of the store and see if either of these apps are listed there?
Thema:

1. "hide listings in search, stores & apps" impacts ALL accounts - Similar Threads - hide listings search

2. Hide Notifications During Video Playback

in XboX Insiders
    Hide Notifications During Video Playback: I was told I should post this here: This evening while watching Avengers Endgame, I'm at one of the action scenes, totally into it, and all of a sudden, a notification about a friend coming...
  3. Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you not hide the timer on the xbox game bar: The timers annoying and for some reason i can't hide it background recording is on and the timer is still showing and win alt t is not hiding it, i would rather not have to hit record every 10...
  4. Hide or move achievements pop ups

in XboX Insiders
    Hide or move achievements pop ups: Sometimes it is really annoying as it blocks subtitles and strategic spot in certain 2D games. It would be good to be able to move its location, make it transparent or block the pop-ups submitted...
  5. Removal/deletion/hide Cortana and Mixer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Removal/deletion/hide Cortana and Mixer: Dear all, First of all my sons nor I are gamers. The xbox 1tb that I bought them from new, is at least 4 years old. No issues until now. The console is updated. They are not allowed online....
  6. Hiding Menus/Tabs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hiding Menus/Tabs: It used to be possible to hide the Tabs you didn't care about so you didn't have to see them on the Xbox One. By holding in both thumbsticks and pressing Y and small menu would pop up that let you...
  7. hiding from list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hiding from list: how do i find my games that i hide from list in the my games and apps? ff89004f-a1c6-401d-8b61-d9a040078961
  8. Want a way to hide installed game from the list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want a way to hide installed game from the list: I want to have a game (gta 5) installed on my console without the knowledge of other kids in my home. Is there a way to hide installed game from the list of games? If not ,can't Microsoft develop...
  9. Hide listing in search, stores, & apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hide listing in search, stores, & apps: Can some one please help me enable “Hide listing in search, stores, & apps” on my child’s account. I don’t want them to even see any of the M rated games. Here is a screenshot of where I was...
  10. How to hide games list

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to hide games list: How do I hide my games list? i can't find the option to do it, I must be blind or something I've been looking for a while and just cannot find it... starting to really annoy me...