High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason

Discus and support High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by commradhypnotic, Mar 22, 2020.

1. High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest internet package you can buy from my isp. 600mps, and 25 upload. my download and upload test just fine, but my ping
    is between 70 ms and 90 ms. which is terrible. I was on a wireless connection for years and was excited to finally get a wired connection.

Things I have done. I have an open nat, I have a static IP, I have watched every youtube video and read every thing i could on the net, nothing helped. Hence why i am here. When i test my ping on my computer, or my phone, my latency is just fine. between
    15-22 ms. I have tried multiple cat 5 cables. At first i thought this was a isp problem. I have spent hours on the phone with my isp, and had great people try to help me. They sent over new modems, they even sent over a technician to put a brand new line
    in my house, right from my xbox to the power pole, which is only about 30 feet away from my living room. My buddy is a software engineer, and I have been on xbox live gaming since year 1. I know how to set up my network for gaming, but I asked my buddy to
    come over and check it regardless. He said nothing is out of sorts. This is a huge problem for me as I cant enjoy games anymore, with my ping that bad, i went from being a top online player, to middle of the pack, because my latency is so bad.

I have tried hard reboots, clearing my alternate mac, changing dns settings, going back to wireless, (wireless is faster) but not much. changing from instant on, to engergy saving mode. clearing the storage thing on blu ray. (sorry cant remember the name)
    I am really at a loss. I am at the point where i am going to buy a new xbox just to rule that out, but dont want to, because the next gen is coming out soon.

any and all help will be appreciated.

:)

commradhypnotic, Mar 22, 2020
  2. MadManBrad Win User

I’m having the same issues, ping on devices such as wired smart TV and mobiles are all reading 5-15ms but my Xbox is ALWAYS 148-149ms! Never changes!

its been this way since i can remember, i bought a brand new console just a couple of weeks ago and it changed nothing.

I told my ISP and the bloke actually laughed and said “thats terrible” haha, cheers mate... preaching to the chior here.

ive also tried changing DNS and all that good stuff... still 148ms.

seems like im flogging a dead horse here but at least i can blame my K/D spread on the ping...
  3. WilBane Win User

The 1.1 1 1 and 1.0 0.1 DNS is for the UK and Google is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I do understand your frustration as I am having the same issues. My ping stays at 56-61ms no matter what I do. It was at 105 before I changed to a wired connection and
    changed some router settings but I can't get it any lower. I see people with 5ms and I'm like "How in the hell?" I can't figure out the problem and it's also putting and damper on my Game Streaming experience to my phone. The screen has to refresh often and
    it lags pretty bad so streaming is out for me right now. Although I don't lag often at all when playing on my xbox.
    lol. 61? Try...800 ping. Wired. NAT Open. 30-40 something download speed. Good upload speed. Never had this issue before this most recent Xbox update. Either my ISP is getting garbage (gotten progressively worse since I moved here and they're my only option)
    or my router is getting bad. Router is brand new, so doubt it. Or Microsoft/game devs are having issues maintaining servers during this crisis. If so, just tell us, guys. We'll understand.
  4. commradhypnotic Win User

literally no help whats so ever on this forum wow.
  5. commradhypnotic Win User

Problem pre-dates the pandemic and hasn't gotten worse since. I am not downloading anything while trying to game...come on. Read the whole post. Gamer since year one of xbox live.

I can test my ping at the peak hours you speak of, on my pc or phone, on wireless mind you and get 19-22ms ping, on my wired connection to my xbox its between 60-90 ms. Its a Microsoft problem. Not my ISP.

I have tried changing DNS server settings in my xbox to different ones other than my isp, ie. Google. 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8. And the problem is still the same.
  6. commradhypnotic Win User

i have opened all the ports. one of the first things i do.
Thema:

1. High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason - Similar Threads - High ping latency

2. High ping on Forza Horizon 4 (FH4)/xbox networking

in XBoX on Windows
    High ping on Forza Horizon 4 (FH4)/xbox networking: Hello, i have networking problem ONLY in forza horizon 4 and the rest of the online games works withnot any problem. I tried to fix the problem but no result. any solution ? [img] [img]...
  3. High Ping to Xbox live multiplayer on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    High Ping to Xbox live multiplayer on PC: Hi Guys I have an issue where my ping on Pc to xbox live network is 220ms but xbox one on the same network is 94ms to live servers the high ping is causing dropouts to incoming connections to my...
  4. : High ping in game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : High ping in game: : High ping in game Hello Fordfourx4, Thank you for your post. I understand you have some concerns over your ping while playing games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. To troubleshoot this please...
  5. : Random slow download and constant high ping

: Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...
  6. xbox console companion on pc has high ping

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion on pc has high ping: so when the game was free for a week a long time ago i play it with some friends with no problems at all, but now the xbox companion set my ping to 150 and the pc set my xbox connection to 200 ms,...
  7. High ping game searches on modern warefare

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping game searches on modern warefare: Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free for all, that it starts by saying searching...
  8. Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.: Hi, About three days ago, suspiciously after the console update, my ping, latency, and packet loss had gone so far up its miserable to play any game. My Xbox one has a wired connection and...
  9. Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]: Olá a todos! Acredito que minha dúvida já exista de diversas formas mas não encontrei uma resposta satisfatória, portanto segue meu dilema. Ao fazer o teste de conexão do xbox ele acusa uma...
  10. Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping

Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping: Netcomm (Modems/Gateways) Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping Hey theTINMAN23, If there is a high ping, this usually means there could be an issue with physical location or connections to the...