High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason

Discus and support High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by commradhypnotic, Mar 22, 2020.

1. High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest internet package you can buy from my isp. 600mps, and 25 upload. my download and upload test just fine, but my ping
    is between 70 ms and 90 ms. which is terrible. I was on a wireless connection for years and was excited to finally get a wired connection.

Things I have done. I have an open nat, I have a static IP, I have watched every youtube video and read every thing i could on the net, nothing helped. Hence why i am here. When i test my ping on my computer, or my phone, my latency is just fine. between
    15-22 ms. I have tried multiple cat 5 cables. At first i thought this was a isp problem. I have spent hours on the phone with my isp, and had great people try to help me. They sent over new modems, they even sent over a technician to put a brand new line
    in my house, right from my xbox to the power pole, which is only about 30 feet away from my living room. My buddy is a software engineer, and I have been on xbox live gaming since year 1. I know how to set up my network for gaming, but I asked my buddy to
    come over and check it regardless. He said nothing is out of sorts. This is a huge problem for me as I cant enjoy games anymore, with my ping that bad, i went from being a top online player, to middle of the pack, because my latency is so bad.

I have tried hard reboots, clearing my alternate mac, changing dns settings, going back to wireless, (wireless is faster) but not much. changing from instant on, to engergy saving mode. clearing the storage thing on blu ray. (sorry cant remember the name)
    I am really at a loss. I am at the point where i am going to buy a new xbox just to rule that out, but dont want to, because the next gen is coming out soon.

any and all help will be appreciated.

:)

commradhypnotic, Mar 22, 2020
  2. commradhypnotic Win User

i have opened all the ports. one of the first things i do.
  3. Zenosos Win User

Hi, I have read through your post and fully understand your situation and the Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

I've yet to come across an issue like this but would like to rule one of the most common things people forget to do to help improve internet connection from their router.

Many ISPs don't know their routers have security settings preventing the best connections for certain products and only opening your ports through logging into your router to allow the Xbox access and priority over other connections on your network.

If you have not yet done this I highly recommend trying this to see if it helps in anyway.

Use the following guide https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-liveTo
    help with opening up the ports to allow your Xbox to communicate the best with your internet provider.
  4. KALEEF Win User

NAT: Our problem or Xbox LIVE?

The latency test is pinging a server in seattle so you will have a high ping result so unless of course the latency test on the xbox one is a lot higher than what you get when you ping a seattle server on your pc there should not be a problem.
  5. ZombieDeano Win User

Latency gone thru the roof!! Now I know why!!

That latency figure is wrong. I am with Virgin broadband too, at the same speed as you also. My latency has always been 150-160ms when testing the Xbox One, but that is because it is pinging from a US server. It doesn't test locally. This has been discussed
    elsewhere, and is the same for everyone. It does not mean that you are gaming with a high latency.

Try testing your ping and speed on speedtest.net using a PC. My ping on there is between 0 and 3ms as it pings locally. If you have Titanfall take a look at the server it connects you to as it tells you the ping latency . It's usually around 30ms.
  6. theTINMAN23 Win User

High Latency/Ping

Since Battlefield 1 uses Electronic Arts servers, you need to contact the Electronic Arts support for that issue.

You say your PC works fine, and other games don't appear to have the same amount of high ping, I'm assuming it is an isolated problem with the Battlefield service.

So please contact EA at
    https://support.ea.com
    I thought that may be the case, but its not limited to BF1 unfortunately. Just happens that I play that more than anything else currently.

My xbox still shows up with a high latency (with a wired connection) after running the detailed network statistic option.

I've currently contacted EA, and lets hope its on their end, but none of my mates seem to be having the same issue.

Thanks for replying!
Thema:

1. High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason - Similar Threads - High ping latency

2. Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.: Hi, About three days ago, suspiciously after the console update, my ping, latency, and packet loss had gone so far up its miserable to play any game. My Xbox one has a wired connection and...
  3. Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latência (Ping) alta somente no Xbox One[High (Ping) latency on Xbox One only]: Olá a todos! Acredito que minha dúvida já exista de diversas formas mas não encontrei uma resposta satisfatória, portanto segue meu dilema. Ao fazer o teste de conexão do xbox ele acusa uma...
  4. High ping on Xbox PC Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    High ping on Xbox PC Forza Horizon 4: Hello guys, I have a major issue, I have around 160 ping on xbox PC, I think it came when I set my NAT-Type to open. In other games such as CS:GO, R6S, Sea of Thieves (an Xbox game too) I have no...
  5. Xbox server high ping and choppy game play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox server high ping and choppy game play: About the last month i've been having 4% packet loss high latency and low up load speed in tests. Game play choppy laggy players move faster then they should which means game is playing catch up...
  6. High ping in gears of war 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High ping in gears of war 4: Hi, I wanted to ask why since the release of gears 5, in gears of war 4 multiplayer my ping is always above 100 while before I always had about 20/30. What should I do to play without lag or...
  7. Xbox one s high ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s high ping: Hello A few years ago my ping on my xbox was around 300 ms so i decided to move it upstairs and i ran a ethernet cord from the downstairs modem into my room which ran through a ethernet switch....
  8. : Upload speed issue and high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Upload speed issue and high ping: : Upload speed issue and high ping In a further test with the third xbox in the house, this one is an Xbox one (not an xbox one x). This is wired to an access point in a wifi mesh network (Netgear...
  9. Xbox Live yüksek ping sorunu. [Translation - Xbox Live High ping issue.]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live yüksek ping sorunu. [Translation - Xbox Live High ping issue.]: Öncelikle merhabalar, Xbox Live Ağ ayarlarımda gecikme süremin oldukça yüksek olduğunu, ve bunun oynadığım oyunlara yansıdığını fark ettim. Biraz daha araştırdığımda sorunun sunucularla(server)...
  10. Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netcomm Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping: Netcomm (Modems/Gateways) Netcomm NV6 Series: High Latency/Ping Hey theTINMAN23, If there is a high ping, this usually means there could be an issue with physical location or connections to the...