High Ping to Xbox live multiplayer on PC

Discus and support High Ping to Xbox live multiplayer on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have an issue where my ping on Pc to xbox live network is 220ms but xbox one on the same network is 94ms to live servers the high ping is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Pig Hunter, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Pig Hunter
    Pig Hunter Guest

Hi Guys

I have an issue where my ping on Pc to xbox live network is 220ms but xbox one on the same network is 94ms to live servers the high ping is causing dropouts to incoming connections to my cross play Ark server.

PC has been port forwarded with no effect also into DMZ with no effect xbox ones have been removed from the network to prove that a conflict wasn't present. Xbox's are not ported or dmz as the modem recognises them as consoles and lets them through.

used IPv4 and IPv6.

any suggestions im just about out of things to try and sort this

:)

Pig Hunter, Oct 21, 2020
  2. KALEEF Win User

NAT: Our problem or Xbox LIVE?

The latency test is pinging a server in seattle so you will have a high ping result so unless of course the latency test on the xbox one is a lot higher than what you get when you ping a seattle server on your pc there should not be a problem.
  3. DiabolusDecorum Win User

High ping makes multiplayer impossible

approx 230ms to ping to Seattle
  4. taidara Win User

High ping makes multiplayer impossible

What delay do you get from using your computer, to ping a node located in Seattle, WA (US)? An easy way to do this is with pingtest.net and change from default settings, to ping a server located in Seattle.

Post back and let us know the outcome.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

High ping?

Hey there Aubanater.

To check, has your ping always sat at that level? An issue like that is generally going on your network provider's side of things. If you haven't already tried, from a PC, please run this
    Network Speedtest and let us know what kind of Ping you're seeing on that side.
  6. Steph_Corner Win User

high ping

Hi CleanCalf366551 there is a few things you can do the first thing I suggest is to go to your network and run a network detail stats test this will be a screenshot of what youre running at that very moment compare it to speed test you do on your computer
    you use Speedtest.net that's a good site to use. Look for three things

DOWNLOAD SPEED compare to your speed test (keep in mind this can be a little lower than what youre getting from your pc usually in a window 10 to 15 down from your what you get on your pc)

UPLOAD SPEED This should not be higher than your download speed

PACKET LOSS THIS SHOULD BE LESS THAN 2%

once you do this Go offline on your console and power down for 30 second and make sure it plugged into the outlet not a power supply as xbox one have a built in power supply

if this doesnt work check your updates go to system, console info and update , and then update look for latest update status see if the update is successful if it is not and it has failed you will need to reset your console don't worry you can reset and
    keep your games and apps so you don't have to reinstall everything! only thing you need to ensure is that you have your email and pass handy before you do that step

This usually resolve the issue if not then look into opening your ports on your router

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
    remember everything is controlled by your router (its like your car (xbox) if the gas (network) has water (block ports) your car isn't going to run very well)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution

good luck!
Thema:

1. High Ping to Xbox live multiplayer on PC - Similar Threads - High Ping live

2. High ping on Forza Horizon 4 (FH4)/xbox networking

in XBoX on Windows
    High ping on Forza Horizon 4 (FH4)/xbox networking: Hello, i have networking problem ONLY in forza horizon 4 and the rest of the online games works withnot any problem. I tried to fix the problem but no result. any solution ? [img] [img]...
  3. : High ping in game

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : High ping in game: : High ping in game Hello Fordfourx4, Thank you for your post. I understand you have some concerns over your ping while playing games in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. To troubleshoot this please...
  4. : Random slow download and constant high ping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Random slow download and constant high ping: : Random slow download and constant high ping So i recently moved to Okinawa Japan from the US and i got a good internet provider here with 150 mbps download speeds. Both of my roommates were out...
  5. xbox console companion on pc has high ping

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion on pc has high ping: so when the game was free for a week a long time ago i play it with some friends with no problems at all, but now the xbox companion set my ping to 150 and the pc set my xbox connection to 200 ms,...
  6. High ping game searches on modern warefare

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping game searches on modern warefare: Ive been playing modern warefare a lot recently and it seems like whenever I search for a game, keep in mind I really only play hardcore tdm and free for all, that it starts by saying searching...
  7. High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping/latency on my xbox one for no reason: Hi all, Hoping I can get some support. For whatever reason, when I moved into my new place, i have high latency on my xbox. I have the second highest internet package you can buy from my isp....
  8. Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.: Hi, About three days ago, suspiciously after the console update, my ping, latency, and packet loss had gone so far up its miserable to play any game. My Xbox one has a wired connection and...
  9. Xbox Live yüksek ping sorunu. [Translation - Xbox Live High ping issue.]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live yüksek ping sorunu. [Translation - Xbox Live High ping issue.]: Öncelikle merhabalar, Xbox Live Ağ ayarlarımda gecikme süremin oldukça yüksek olduğunu, ve bunun oynadığım oyunlara yansıdığını fark ettim. Biraz daha araştırdığımda sorunun sunucularla(server)...
  10. High Ping on Xbox Live Network Stats Test

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping on Xbox Live Network Stats Test: I'm living in the UK and whenever I run a detailed network statistics test i get told i have a ping of 165ms! not sure whats going on as its on a wired connection and registers an Open NAT, port...