High pitched "whirring" from xbox one when on? (Video)

Discus and support High pitched "whirring" from xbox one when on? (Video) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This sound is not coming from the power brick, seems to be either the disk drive or the fan. I'm not even sure if whirring is the right word for it,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nagrag, Mar 17, 2014.

1. nagrag
    nagrag Guest

This sound is not coming from the power brick, seems to be either the disk drive or the fan. I'm not even sure if whirring is the right word for it, maybe circulating squeak would describe it better. I've had my xbox for 3 months without any problems and
    this just started happening a few days ago, but since then has been persistent whenever the console is on. It is highly annoying, the video I'm posting of it below doesn't make it seem that loud but trust me, it is. If anyone has any insight or could enlighten
    me to the cause of the issue/what to do I would be eternally grateful

[View:]

:)

nagrag, Mar 17, 2014
  2. DustinBonham
    DustinBonham Guest
    Xbox One PSU Noise

My Xbox One Power Supply Unit is making a loud high pitched noise even when my console is turned off and in Instant On mode. It is not the normal whirring sound from the fan that is expected when the system is on.

DustinBonham, Mar 17, 2014
  3. Xbox One making strange high pitched noises

I have an Xbox One that is making strange high pitched (beeping sort of, sounds sort of like a malfunctioning fire alarm) noises during an update. I haven't updated nor used the console in a while... I have heard the "high pitched whirring" noises coming
    from my Xbox but this sounds different. Is it just my Xbox updating or do I have an issue with it?

CubicImp5416165, Mar 17, 2014
  4. BkLiveWire
    BkLiveWire Guest

Sounds like something migt be loose in your console. You might want to schedule a repair. 1-800-4-MY-XBOX

BkLiveWire, Mar 17, 2014
  5. BkLiveWire Win User

Sounds like something migt be loose in your console. You might want to schedule a repair. 1-800-4-MY-XBOX
  6. Mckenzie 78 Win User

"Silent Xbox one" weird noises

It's a high pitched buzzing / rattling noise coming from inside the console

(No disc inside)

http://youtu.be/wWsRQtZljI8 This one work ? There is a video
  7. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Annyoing high pitched noise from fan

The PS4 is literally twice as loud as the Xbox One when you're playing games. If the noise in that YouTube video upsets you, you're going to be seriously disappointed when you play Watch_Dogs on the PS4!
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Got a new xbox slim completely satisfied except a few things I noticed and wanted to make sure

Yes, visual tearing is normal when vsync is disabled. The top of the screen shows one frame, the bottom the next frame. The movement between when the two frames are rendered cause what looks like a "tear" between the two.

The whirring noise is the sound of the DVD spinning through the air at a high rate of speed. If you install games to the HDD, that whirring will stop once the game's disc check completes.
  9. Schabilionaire Win User

Xbox One February Update - TV Speakers now emit an audible high-pitched whine/static sound

I'm experiencing this same thing. At first it only occurred in game when a high pitched noise went off and then it would continue screeching long after the match was over. Now there's just a constant high pitched sound that my tv is sending off when I turn
    on the Xbox One. This only started happening after the update for me as well. I've done all those same things and it's still persisting.
Thema:

1. High pitched "whirring" from xbox one when on? (Video) - Similar Threads - High pitched whirring

2. Slow Motion Videos + No UI Sounds + High Pitched Noises Bug Reason Found

in XboX Insiders
    Slow Motion Videos + No UI Sounds + High Pitched Noises Bug Reason Found: I've found what causes the video/audio bug on Alpha level insiders on One X. It is caused by plugging in a headset then unplugging it after an unspecified amount of time. As I previously reported...
  3. Faint but high pitched intermittent electrical buzzing sound from xbox one-x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faint but high pitched intermittent electrical buzzing sound from xbox one-x: I've started noticing this strange not very audible but somewhat high pitched/frequency like sound from my console. Happens very randomly, whether I'm in a game session, sitting idle on home dash...
  4. Suddenly high pitched noise when under full load

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly high pitched noise when under full load: Hey folks, I have a problem. I own a One X Scorpio Edition and it went to MS once, because of the loud shredding fan-noise. It came back, everything was fine. I own the Xbox since release and send...
  5. Xbox One (2013) - Very High-Pitched Squeaking Noise coming from Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One (2013) - Very High-Pitched Squeaking Noise coming from Console: Hi, I have an original Xbox One console, which has been running fine until a while ago. Whenever it's turned on for a certain period of time, it exhibits a very high-pitched squeaking noise, and...
  6. Xbox One S chirping/high pitched fan squeak

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S chirping/high pitched fan squeak: Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem. I purchased an xbox one s bundle and noticed immediately that it made this annoying high pitched sound that you could hear anywhere in the room....
  7. Xbox making high pitched squealing noises!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making high pitched squealing noises!!: My xbox makes this high pitched noise thats starting to drive me crazy. It doesn't affect the xbox on playing games, using apps, ect. It just makes this noise. It will make the noise even if the...
  8. XBOX One high pitch whine coming from rear of console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One high pitch whine coming from rear of console: Some help would be appreciated. I have an XBOX One and ever since I purchased it, I have occasionally heard a high pitched whine coming from the rear of the console. This happens when the XBOX...
  9. xbox one making high pitch noise when streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one making high pitch noise when streaming: For the past few months a high pitched, unbearable noise comes my Xbox One whenever I stream video (Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, etc). The noise doesn't happen as often whenever someone plays a game...
  10. Xbox One Making High Pitched Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Making High Pitched Noise: My Xbox one started making a high pitched noise when streaming movies a while back. It was only doing it occasionally then. Now it has escalated into doing it anytime I play a game or watch...