Hitman - the first season is not free - today is 9/30 3pm EST

Discus and support Hitman - the first season is not free - today is 9/30 3pm EST in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; why does Microsoft advertise downloading games for free through today (9/30) if you really have to pay for them? Hitman is not a free game today and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AllBusiness247, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Hitman - the first season is not free - today is 9/30 3pm EST

why does Microsoft advertise downloading games for free through today (9/30) if you really have to pay for them? Hitman is not a free game today and when I call in to ask about this I'm told there is
    nothing that can be done and then get hung up on. If the last day is 9/29, then say it is 9/29, not 9/30. This is very much false advertising.

Wondering if anyone else who has not downloaded the game could try and see if they get the same thing telling them is it $13.99 to pay. Why do we pay for gold accounts if we can't download the games for
    free under the "games for free" section?

:)

AllBusiness247, Oct 6, 2019
  2. LIL SHETDOG Win User

I agree. I also was unable to download the game for free. In the past with other "Games with Gold" I was always able to download them until midnight my time, PST. I got online with 4 hours to spare, only to find out that I had to pay money for a "free"
    game that Microsoft themself reminded me to download before it was gone on October 1st. Very upsetting.
  3. AllBusiness247 Win User

I'm good with this as long as someone can provide with the documentation showing that there is a specific time the offer begins and ends. Again, it doesn't show anywhere where it says 9am or 10pm or anything. I posted this around 3pm EST but actually tried
    earlier and was told by someone from Microsoft there is nothing that can be done and if the manufacturer changes the offer then there isn't anything they can do. Again - where does it state this can happen to notify people who have paid to download the game
    for free. Understand - I'm not trying to scam anyone out of anything. I am simply asking for the game advertised for free per the time frame show which today falls under.

Please understand how the general public looks at this type of offer. It says free games with gold 9/1-9/30. It doesn't state a time it expires other than today. Imagine seeing a TV commercial on TV to buy an Xbox One for $199 at Gamestop through today.
    You get to the store and are told its $249. Nowhere on the ad does it state a time it expires, or stipulations that are subject to change. This my friend, is what's called false advertising.

If there are stipulations, then say there are and what they are and where I can find them such as expiration times, dates/times of release and closing subject to change etc.... I have yet to have anyone tell me where I can find these.
  4. AllBusiness247 Win User

[​IMG]
    please
    note the dates from the screenshot on their website. today is 9/30. there are even news articles posted by gaming sites saying how to remember to download the game because today is the last free day. Normally, i don't wait until the last day but I've been
    busy this month so I thought I had till today given the fact it is 9/30. Please note it doesn't say "dates subject to change."
  5. Nacht Feuer08 Win User

Biggshow,

As you said in your edit it all depends on what time zone your xbox is set to as to when the offers on the store expire.

-Nacht
  6. Biggshow Win User

If it was only free until 9/29 the time has passed and it is no longer free. I am confused because you wrote this today. Today is 9/30. So it would officially no longer be free. Unless I am misreading what you are saying. Edit* Game with Gold does not
    necessarily mean it goes until the 30th. Some games are released at different times.
Thema:

1. Hitman - the first season is not free - today is 9/30 3pm EST - Similar Threads - Hitman season free

2. Games with Gold Hitman for 13,99 instead for free.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold Hitman for 13,99 instead for free.: Hi. Does anybody know why I cant get Hitman for free even though I have a xbox live gold membership? It is part of games with gold this month, till today. I can only get it for 13,99 now. A few...
  3. Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman the complete first season unable to sync data.: After downloading Hitman the complete first season through games with gold I am unable to play it. After launching and pressing the A button to start the game fails to sync data. I am given the...
  4. Hitman unable to sync data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman unable to sync data: I downloaded hitman the complete first season through games with gold. I had played it previously but absolutly no pre-existing save data was on my console when I started the download. When I try...
  5. I own Hitman 2 but cannot access to content and levels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Hitman 2 but cannot access to content and levels: Hello, I buy Hitman 2 gold Edition back in November and already work fine But since early August i don't have anymore acces to the levels in the game I follow all the indication from Warner...
  6. Hitman Legacy Pack Ingame Link From Hitman Season 1 Broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman Legacy Pack Ingame Link From Hitman Season 1 Broken: I'm supposed to have a copy of the Hitman Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 from buying the complete season for Hitman 1, but the Xbox store isn't letting me redeem it. It isn't a code or anything, it's a...
  7. Hitman season 1 with Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman season 1 with Game Pass: Hello, I have an issue downloading Hitman. I have downloaded the game, but only the prologue is available. Can’t find out how to download the first season, can you help me? Of course, my...
  8. Hitman the Complete First Season

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman the Complete First Season: Bought the game and could not play Episode 5: Colorado. Says I had to buy it. Anyone else have this problem? Microsoft was absolutely NO HELP whatsoever> abe6124f-9616-497e-9d97-6545cfe68b02
  9. Hitman: The Complete First Season

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman: The Complete First Season: I bough the Hitman: The Complete First Season and I have downloaded the Episode 4: Bangkok, Episode 5: Colorado, Episode 6: Hokkaido along with the Hitman: Bonus Episode.. I am not able to play...
  10. Hitman Complete 1st Season

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman Complete 1st Season: i purchased the Hitman Complete 1st Season and it says that the Paris episode is in it, but does that include the Prologue or is that what the Paris episode is? It shows "Owned" for all episodes,...