Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

Discus and support Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EdenFrostfire, May 2, 2020.

1. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i tried to turn off my xbox with my controller, but the home button doesnt wok. Every other button works
    but that one. I decided it was no biggie, and that i could find a fix, I’ve dealt with faulty controllers before, but the next day i couldnt even turn on the controller because the home button wont work. Is there a way to fix it, another way to turn on the
    controller, or is the controller unfixable?

:)

EdenFrostfire, May 2, 2020
  2. JoelAlves1987 Win User

Eu te aconselho a levar em alguma assistencia de confianca , mas caso voce saiba abrir e entenda do assunto abre o controle possa ser que seja coisa simples.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there EdenFrostfire,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice eon how to deal with this issue. The only thing I can recommend is using the controller while connected to through a USB cable. You can try also what we have on our

Wireless Controller Solution

Also, Microsoft does not support self repair of any of their accessories and any discussion of self repair

is prohibited
    , so heads up.

Thanks for reading!
  4. EdenFrostfire Win User

Hey there ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice eon how to deal with this issue. The only thing I can recommend is using the controller while connected to through a USB cable. You can try also what we have on our

Wireless Controller Solution

Also, Microsoft does not support self repair of any of their accessories and any discussion of self repair

is prohibited
    , so heads up.

Thanks for replying! I have been using USB to power my controller for a while, i was using it when i tried to power on the controller. Im going to try using batteries, but if that doesnt work either then I’ll look
    into the link you sent me.
  5. Doum2002 Win User

Controller connected wireless, buttons do not work

I have the same problem with 1 of my controller. Only the home button works in wireless and have to connect the usb capable for it to work properly. Right after febuary controller update.
  6. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
Thema:

1. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox. - Similar Threads - Home button won’t

2. I need help regarding the Xbox home button menu.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help regarding the Xbox home button menu.: Why are the group's tab and settings tab missing when I press the home button. I can still find setting under account but I liked it better when the tabs were there. submitted by /u/CHEF_boiRdee...
  3. Xbox Home button Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Home button Not Working: I just bought a new Xbox One X but my controller Xbox Home button is not working. I have done the following stuff already: Updated Xbox software Updated Controller software Restarted the...
  4. Xbox home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home button not working: I have went through commiunity posts looking for a solution but have not found one. It only doesnt work on one remote and i want to fix it so i can use this remote but i have no clue how to. If...
  5. System Update...**SECURITY ISSUES** Help my home screen doesn't have dedicated buttons and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System Update...**SECURITY ISSUES** Help my home screen doesn't have dedicated buttons and...: **Security issues** It is now possible to delete my games from the harddrive WITHOUT signing in using my passkey to sign in first. Also I DON'T have dedicated mixer, etc. Buttons on my home...
  6. home button store has weird characters?

in XboX Insiders
    home button store has weird characters?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Caguno [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox One controller Home button being finicky all of a sudden, wondering if I can turn it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller Home button being finicky all of a sudden, wondering if I can turn it...: So had my Xbox One controller for a few months now. Worked pretty alright. Learned Korean backdashing in Tekken with it. Had a great time. Controller worked perfectly when I bought it. But lately...
  8. Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) on Samsung S8+ guide button takes me to phone home screen...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) on Samsung S8+ guide button takes me to phone home screen...: submitted by /u/imjory [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly: Xbox turns on fine with the xbox button in controller. And if i hold the button on the controller, it vibrates and gives me the power options screen. Issue is when i tap the button to bring up...
  10. Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP: My xbox one controller does not power on wirelessy. It only comes on via usb cable and when it is working the home button does not work i cant switch out of apps and games and its really annoying...