Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?

Discus and support Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am not a fan of video game streaming. I have never enjoyed it. Sitting and watching other people do the same thing for hours on end is not appealing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GuitarHeroAero, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?

I am not a fan of video game streaming. I have never enjoyed it. Sitting and watching other people do the same thing for hours on end is not appealing to me in any way. I understand there's a market for it, but it's not for me. I feel the same way about
    battle royale. I find it boring and a waste of time to run around for a half hour picking up gear and lose all that progress instantly because some other person found better stuff than you. Again, I get that people like it, but it's not for me.

Given this bit of information about me, you can see that watching streams of people playing battle royale is probably one of the last things I would ever spend my time doing. Conveniently enough, popular battle royale streamers Ninja and Shoud recently signed
    deals to stream exclusively on Mixer, and since Mixer is Microsoft's streaming service, they are promoting the hell out of these people whenever they go live. This promotion includes notifying me on my home screen whenever they are live.

Like I said, watching these people stream is just about one of the last things I would ever spend my time doing. And when I load up my Xbox, I generally like my home screen to notify me of things that I would enjoy taking part in, such as letting me know
    that my friends are playing Siege, or letting me know about a new update in a game I play or something.

However, whenever I load it up I have two notifications waiting for me letting me know that Ninja and Shoud are live right now. Every time I see these notifications, I hit start and click "Show less like this", because I don't want to see these notifications.
    This works on most platforms. If, for example, I'm catching up on The Walking Dead, and YouTube decides it's a good idea to spoil it for me by putting a video of the next biggest death in my recommended, I can say "Hey YouTube, stop recommending videos about
    The Walking Dead" and I'll never see them again. However, on Xbox, even though I tell them to stop notifying me about these streamers being live, I have those two notifications waiting for me on my home screen every time I load it up.

I have hit "Show less like this" on these notifications every single time, pretty much ever since they started when Ninja moved to Mixer. However, I receive just as many of these notifications now as I did then. Am I doing it wrong? How do I get rid of them
    from my home screen for good?

Thanks.

:)

GuitarHeroAero, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Leemur60 Win User

Hi. Like you say, they are Microsoft's new signings so are being pushed. They will fade over time and be forgotten about just like others in the past.
  3. lee1987xz Win User

Im 32, the last thing i want to do is watch a blue-haired adult play fortnight. That's really selfish Microsoft forcing him down our throats, considering we pay for consoles...games...films...gold...gamepass...And then to give us the option of "show less
    like this" just for it to be ignored is insulting.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi GuitarHeroAero,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with seeing advertisements on your home screen. Unfortunately, there is no way to completely prevent Mixer advertisements on the home screen, its likely the console is finding different streamers
    that are related to games you play to better suit your interests.

If you have any suggestions towards how advertisements could be displayed on the console, please check out our

Xbox Requests
    page.

I hope this helps.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

It doesnt annoy me because I ignore them, but you should have the ability to block it. You pay for the service and you should be able to customize it. Hopefully we can one day. They've probably paid them a lot so they need to get their faces out there.
  6. Frathos Win User

I wish I had a solution for you however I am experiencing the same thing. It annoys me when I have selected "Show less like this" every time the Mixer Ninja promo is shown in left tile (you can't use that on right Ad tile) because I have NO interest in following
    him on Mixer and I feel like my opinion/preference is simply being ignored.
Thema:

1. Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes? - Similar Threads - Home screen ads

2. Home screen wallpaper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home screen wallpaper: Hi, i am new to xbox, so sorry in advance for probs dumb question. Q. Do microsoft auto change the landing page wallpaper? mine changed itself today to an enlarged image of a black console in...
  3. Home screen cursor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home screen cursor: When I'm on my Xbox one homescreen I am unable to move the cursor, I can go back and forth between 2 icons but can't click anything and the cursor constantly clicks when trying to move it. Also...
  4. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen: I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state. Last week i switched it on and it said to update and i...
  5. Adding friends to the home screen is great but is shows no indication of if they are online...

in XboX Insiders
    Adding friends to the home screen is great but is shows no indication of if they are online...: I like the feature because it makes inviting your favourite favourites way easier, especially if they are offline, but it’d be good to know what their status is submitted by /u/toosiewillson...
  6. Why am I seeing travel ads on my Xbox home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I seeing travel ads on my Xbox home screen?: I've paid for the console. I pay for Gold/Game Pass. I pay for games. So WHY am I seeing third party advertisements (a travel agency in this case) on my Xbox home screen? Microsoft did the same...
  7. Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error: OK i was told to come here by another user because this supposedly not a Xbox live rewards error. anyways the error so i logged in to my Xbox One before i clicked resume watch_dogs i saw an Xbox...
  8. How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?: On my Xbox console home screen, the apps and games tab has 2 tiles to the right taken by ads and a banner above them as well. How do I opt out or disable this content?...
  9. Xbox One Home Screen Ads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Home Screen Ads: Is the a way to turn off ads on XB1 Home screen yet, or is my XB1 still a fancy billboard? 13e6e783-184c-48c4-b817-00e41f635ff4
  10. Ads On My Xbox Home Screen - Disappointing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ads On My Xbox Home Screen - Disappointing: Today I started my Xbox. Low and behold there is a tile on my home screen.. an Ad for AT&T Fiber Internet. This is a huge disappointment. I did not buy an Xbox to be served Ads! What a bunch...