Homesharing

Discus and support Homesharing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two xboxes at home and I have a subscription to Gamepass Ultimate. For the last six months or so my son has been able to play online on the home... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J4YJ4Yb, May 23, 2020 at 9:32 PM.

1. J4YJ4Yb
    J4YJ4Yb Guest

Homesharing

I have two xboxes at home and I have a subscription to Gamepass Ultimate. For the last six months or so my son has been able to play online on the home xbox while I play online on the other xbox.

Two weeks ago this has stopped working with no settings or subscriptions changed - I have attempted to resolve this by swapping the home xboxes and back again and I have removed and added my son's account to both xboxes but we still can no longer share xbox
    live.

I have spoken to xbox via live chat and they state that my account has to be signed in to the home xbox for my son to use the live subscription - which I advised was incorrect.

Can anyone provide any insight if Microsoft can't?

:)

2. Wishcatcher Win User

Homesharing

3. PalmettoBling Win User

Homesharing

What error does your son get on the Home console when he tries to play?

One thing to test would be to get a friend to sign in or to create another Microsoft account (preferably an adult account) to log in with and see if that account can access the entitlements on the Home console. It might be child account settings preventing
    access to those features.
  4. DullmanGaming Win User

Ready to install and homeshare not working?

So just tried to see if I could get any other dlc from the other account on to the main xbox and yes this seems to be a Rock band 4 dlc related issue.

Can download Far cry 5 with all the dlcs (bought with the other xbox and with the account I am homesharing with) So the homeshare for everything else seems to go smoothly and as it is supposed to be. The issue mainly seems to revolve around Rock band 4 dlc
    for some reason.
  5. DullmanGaming Win User

Hello Brad.

It is under the game itself that i've been trying to access it and it will just load for a bit and then tell me it can't find any of the dlc.

I have the same account on the same xbox that I have bought most of the dlc with. Honestly the homeshare thing might be related but if I could only access the main chunk of dlc that I know I have bought with this account on this xbox one I would be happy.

Still able to get those songs through the Microsoft store so I should still own the licenses for it but for whatever reason it's missing from the Ready to install section under the game Rock band 4.

The homeshare songs from account 2 is still a mystery why it won't let me redownload without re-buying them but I have followed the exact same steps for how I got the homeshare working in the first place when everything was working as intended.

Even weirder is that the games that I have with the homeshare is still showing up and I am able to download and play them so this seems to be an issue with the dlc specifically.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully this issue can be solved.
  6. DullmanGaming Win User

Reset the xbox one to its factory settings what I meant by that sorry if I was a bit unclear.
Thema:

Homesharing

1. Homesharing - Similar Threads - Homesharing

2. Ready to install and homeshare not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ready to install and homeshare not working?: Hello all, I had to reformat my xbox due to some issues I was having especially with Rock band 4 with load times all of a sudden being a massive pain. Figured I could just use the Ready to install...
  3. Microsoft: Xbox My Homeshare

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Microsoft: Xbox My Homeshare: Microsoft (Routers): Xbox My Homeshare For the Xbox my share does anyone know if you have to be signed in as that person who you shared the account with or is it a one time thing and then all the...
  4. Is there a way to change your homeshare password and sign everyone out of using the homeshare?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to change your homeshare password and sign everyone out of using the homeshare?: I want to sign out everyone using my homeshare info and change my password where do i do this xbox support is trash and doesnt tell me where 5804ee89-f696-4185-9a58-567e127864a8