Horizon 3 suddenly does not recognize my controller.

Discus and support Horizon 3 suddenly does not recognize my controller. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last night, while racing across country (Horizon 3) in my 2015 BMW, my controller suddenly lost control. I have no reverse, acceleration is minimal,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by George A.Berry, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

1. Horizon 3 suddenly does not recognize my controller.

Last night, while racing across country (Horizon 3) in my 2015 BMW, my controller suddenly lost control.

I have no reverse, acceleration is minimal, and the reverse has now become the brake.

I have no access the festivals.

I employ control pattern 6.

I tried other patterns with the same result.

My other Horizon games such as 2 and 4 work fine.

So Horizon 3 suddenly does not like my controller.

Something in the game occurred for it not to recognize my controller.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having this annoying problem.

How do I get horizon 3 to respond to my controller?

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Thanks Community

George

:)

George A.Berry, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:36 AM
  2. Chyrola Cuello Win User

Try clearing the cache and then reinstall the game bro.
    Put your finger on the start button of the console for 10 seconds until it goes out.
    Then wait another 30 and turn it on again.
    After trying this, reinstall the app.
    It may work for you :D.
  3. George A.Berry Win User

As I stated in my question.

This problem only occurrs in Horizon 3. NO OTHER GAME.

Just Horizon 3.

I know the difference between a steering wheel and a controller.

I use only a controller.

Again, I tried to incorporate in my question all of the symptoms that I

have experienced.

Please re-read my question again.

The questions that you asked are in my question.

Thanks for your support.

George
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there George A.Berry

Is this a controller or a steeringwheel?. I would have to ask to try using a usb cable for the xbox one controller to see if that helps get round this issue, Please also check on the game forums to see if it is a well known issue here is a link to the games
    support section https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/support
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    George A.Berry
    !

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue of Forza Horizon 3 not recognizing your controller. That's definitely a unique issue.

Have you tried playing a different game so we can determine if its happening across the board or only with that one particular game?

Let us know.

I would first suggest giving your Xbox console a proper Power cycle:
    How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

Next, I would recommend resyncing your controller to your Xbox:
    Connect a wireless Xbox One controller to your console

Last, If the first 2 actions did not resolve the issue... I would suggest Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it:

Uninstall Xbox One games

I hope this helps! Let us know! We look forward to hearing back from you!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there George,

Thanks for the reply and update on the issue with the controller disconnecting only on the Forza Horizon 3.

I recommend to take a look at the following troubleshooting resource:
    Troubleshoot
    your Xbox One wireless controller

• Click on My Controller doesn't function correctly
    • Click on Some of the Buttons on my Controller don't work as expected
    • Click on One Game Only

Try this troubleshooting article and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Horizon 3 suddenly does not recognize my controller. - Similar Threads - Horizon suddenly does

2. forza horizon 4 no funciona con mi perfil [Translation-forza horizon 4 does not work with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 4 no funciona con mi perfil [Translation-forza horizon 4 does not work with...: Saludos a todos, tengo un problema desde hace más de una semana, el juego horizon 4 no se ejecuta con mi perfil en mi xbox one s, cuando llega la primera pantalla de animación, donde da la...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass.: Hello. I'm having trouble downloading and installing the Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass and cars. Everything else from the Ultimate Edition has downloaded successfully. Is there something I have...
  4. Por que meu Forza Horizon 4 não conecta online? [Translation-Why does not my Forza Horizon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Por que meu Forza Horizon 4 não conecta online? [Translation-Why does not my Forza Horizon...: Eu comprei o Forza 4 na edição suprema pela Microsoft Store, joguei há pouco tempo, desbloqueei as partidas online e não se conecta, dá uns erros diferentes todas as vezes, mas sempre apontando...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 just keeps on crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 just keeps on crashing: I bought Forza horizon 4 yesterday , i downloaded it and 3-10 min game running just crashes. I tried turning off windows real time security and some other solutions. None of them worked I have...
  6. Can't connect to Horizon Life servers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Horizon Life servers.: As of late (1-2 weeks) I am having issues when trying to connect to the Horizon 4, Horizon Life servers on PC. Whenever the game loads I am forced in to a solo session and will never manage to...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 all of a sudden needs Xbox game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Horizon 4 all of a sudden needs Xbox game pass: hello, In October I bought the digital version of Forza Horizon 4 and everything worked fine. Now all of a sudden I get the error message that I have to renew Xbox game pass?...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 all sound muted suddenly after loading screen to start screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 all sound muted suddenly after loading screen to start screen: I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition, i was so excited to play it but i couldn't hear anything after the loading screen. It has been really frustrating while trying to fix, my...
  9. Forza Horizon 3 Add-ons suddenly not working(PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 Add-ons suddenly not working(PC): To start off I am on my PC, not a xbox, but I cannot seem to find a solution or help anywhere else. I recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 and have been playing non stop for the past week or so. I...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 suddenly lagging

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 suddenly lagging: My Forza was running all the time I was playing on stable 60fps with middle graphic settings when all of a sudden my game starts lagging for no reason. I tried to close everything in the...