Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S

Discus and support Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When will you guys fix the bad audio delay using bitstream with the xbox series S? I just got it today and Dobly Atmos is unusable because of the very... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MichaelPerez82, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S

When will you guys fix the bad audio delay using bitstream with the xbox series S? I just got it today and Dobly Atmos is unusable because of the very noticeable audio delay when selecting that option.

:)

MichaelPerez82, Jan 25, 2021
  2. AzN8z3r08 Win User

Headset advice for xbox one

It could be the audio settings. Most aftermarket headsets don't support DTS audio (including Astro). The March update included new settings to include Bitstream and Dolby Digital.

This is the way I set my audio on my One:

Setting > Display and Sound

Digital Audio:

HDMI Audio: Bitstream out

Optical Audio: Bitstream out

Bitstream format: Dolby Digital

That's just what works for me.

I have a pair of Astro A50's. They're great. I see no problem in buying lower priced headsets though. Actually I hear that Xbox stereo headset is pretty decent. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet (just heard from a friend that own a pair).

I hope this helped. If not, I hope you get a fix soon.
  3. jmcode Win User

This whole HDMI bitrate vs 7.1 uncompressed is driving me nuts?!?! What is the best/correct setting?!?!

That is absolutely incorrect. PCM is the raw, uncompressed audio and certainly can be discrete multi-channel 5.1/7.1/etc. Bitstream is multichannel (usually) PCM audio that has been compressed to a single bitstream using a lossy codec (Dolby Digital or
    DTS) or a lossless codec (Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master Audio). That bitstream is ultimately decompressed to multichannel PCM (though it will not be quite as good as the original if a lossy codec was used) to be played through your speakers. Usually, your receiver
    will be the device decompressing the bitstream from, for example, a Dolby Digital DVD soundtrack; but because the Xbox One mixes together audio sources for Snap etc., it has to decompress all incoming bitstream sources to make the mix. If you set the Xbox
    One to output bitstream, you are needlessly (if your receiver has HDMI) forcing the Xbox One to compress the multichannel PCM audio mix to a bitstream and send it to the receiver, which will just decompress it to multichannel PCM again. Among other things,
    this wastes processing power and may cause A/V sync issues.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and Astro A50)

Hi bladerunnin,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums.

The reason you need to unplug the base station if you want to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is in the way the Dolby Atmos sound format is processed within the Xbox and Dolby Digital 7.1 in the A50's and DTS 7.1 in the TB 800X respectively.

The Dolby Atmos sound format for Home Theater on any platform is processed in the device itself through HDMI, in this case the Xbox's operating system and software. The Xbox will decode the audio in a bitstream format through HDMI for Dolby Atmos HT. The
    headset base stations (not the Xbox) process and decode the audio formats and then send the data to the Xbox in bitstream through optical. Since everything is processed through the base stations for the headsets, simply turning off the headset won't remove
    the base station as a device that is hooked up and recognized by the console, at least while the audio settings in the Xbox are still set for Optical audio: Bitstream out. That may be why you are getting the message that Dolby Atmos is only supported over
    HDMI.

Under Speaker audio in the Audio output settings of the Xbox, try turning off Optical audio while leaving HDMI audio on Bitstream out, then under Bitstream format select Dolby Atmos for HT. When wanting to use the headsets, turn off HDMI audio and then put
    Optical audio on Bitstream out, then under the format choose Dolby Digital (Astro A50) or DTS Surround (TB Elite 800X). If you have tried that but still can't enable Dolby Atmos while you have everything plugged in, then just disconnect the optical cable but
    leave the USB plugged in, which is what charges the headset, not the optical cable.
  5. Hordie Win User

Xbox One - Low Sound on Sony HT-RT5 Soundbar

Hi Jarbs v1,

Sorry you're having volume issues with your Xbox One. If you're using HDMI directly to the theater, then it could be an audio setting. Are you using a bitstream or uncompressed. If you are using a bitstream audio, I would suggest trying a 5.1 uncompressed
    or Stereo Uncompressed to see if the issues are still there. See this link on audio configuration.
  6. Mogwai Warrior Win User

I think Xbox One has finally got Dolby Digital output through Optical?

Thema:

Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S

1. Horrible Audio Delay using Bitstream on Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Horrible Audio Delay

2. Horrible recent updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible recent updates: I would like to know why you removed the clips and screenshot section from profiles and why the audio is more quiet and why you removed the transparent tabs option that allows the xbox game tabs...
  3. Xbox Gamebar recorded audio is horrible

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar recorded audio is horrible: I'm running into this issue where when I record gameclips from the gamebar, my mic sounds really awful, like I am sitting very far away from it. (I have a big mic with a mic stand right in front...
  4. Gamebar recorded audio is horrible

in XboX Insiders
    Gamebar recorded audio is horrible: I'm running into this issue where when I record gameclips from the gamebar, my mic sounds really awful, like I am sitting very far away from it. (I have a big mic with a mic stand right in front...
  5. I just installed a new console update and now all of my audio is really horrible quality.

in XboX Insiders
    I just installed a new console update and now all of my audio is really horrible quality.: When I am playing Destiny 2 for example and anything above a footstep sounds like my audio is vomiting, it sounds like one of those bass boosted ear-rape memes, it was quick to get annoying, maybe...
  6. Audio Sounds Horrible When Resolution is Above 1080P.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Sounds Horrible When Resolution is Above 1080P.: On my Xbox One X anytime I set the resolution to 1440P or 4K the audio sounds bad, almost statically at times, It's quite annoying. I use an ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor and for the speakers I use a...
  7. (Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Xbox One) Fable 2 - Horrible audio cracking and texture glitches: I have been experiencing severe audio cracking and messy textures while playing Fable 2 (especially when inside caves) Most people have this issue, some don't from what I searched on reddit. Does...
  8. Audio Sounds Horrible When Resolution is Above 1080P.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Sounds Horrible When Resolution is Above 1080P.: On my Xbox One X anytime I set the resolution to 1440P or 4K the audio sounds bad, almost statically at times, It's quite annoying. I use an ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor and for the speakers I use a...
  9. Mic audio is horrible recently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic audio is horrible recently: A lot of my friends all of a sudden sound like the super chronos 64 skin on smite. Idk how the bug was created but the mic quality sounds worse than that if PS4 currently. Please fix, it’s giving...
  10. Xbox One S Controller on PC - horrible audio quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller on PC - horrible audio quality: I've bought Xbox One S Controller for BT connection and audio jack port. When I connect it wireless - controleller works fine, but audio quality is HORRIBLE. When I connect it wired - audio is...