Hotel/Dorm internet connection

Discus and support Hotel/Dorm internet connection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Hotel/Dorm internet connection Hello community, new here with my antique xbox360. having trouble and need help connecting my console to my Hotel/Dorm... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by johnnycarrera73, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Hotel/Dorm internet connection

Hello community, new here with my antique xbox360. having trouble and need help connecting my console to my Hotel/Dorm WiFi. does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not trying to play live or multiplayer, just trying to be able to track progress in my games.
    I have the username and network key/password for the WiFi that I'm trying to connect to, but I'm not finding a way to enter them in for access.

My other devices go to a login webpage and allow me to log in to the network from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

johnnycarrera73, Apr 6, 2020
  2. taidara Win User

Hello community, new here with my antique xbox360. having trouble and need help connecting my console to my Hotel/Dorm WiFi. does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not trying to play live or multiplayer, just trying to be able to track progress in my games.
    I have the username and network key/password for the WiFi that I'm trying to connect to, but I'm not finding a way to enter them in for access.

My other devices go to a login webpage and allow me to log in to the network from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Since there is no way of knowing how the hotel setup authentication for their guests to access the Internet through a captive portal, I would recommend, if possible, to use your PC, or Mac, and share its Internet connection for your console.

The other option is to have have your computer authenticate to the captive portal splash page, disconnect it from the network, and take note of MAC address of your computer's wireless LAN adapter and type it in as your console's alternate MAC address.
  3. Planetmind Win User

Unable to download update, unique status code

You might be on to something, aileronroll. My mother may have accidentally blocked the Xbox from the internet. I'll look into it, thanks. Oh, and I'm at home, not at a dorm or hotel or anything like that
  4. The Last Ewok Win User

Network bridge doesnt have a valid IP configuration?

Hi Toast,

What kind of network are you on? A hotel or dorm network? I ask because I am curious as to
    why you are needing to bridge your connection.
  5. DangerousBard Win User

Trouble Connecting to XBL From Dorm Room

Net connection in dorms and hotels have limited access to the service. Since the local administrator of the network is someone else you are not able to open the ports in your router and hence the service of xbox live is not available for that kind of connection.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

无法重置Xbox one怎么办 [Translation] What to do if I can't reset your Xbox one

If you're in a hotel or school dorm you would need to contact the IT department for more assistance as they may have certain lockouts
Thema:

1. Hotel/Dorm internet connection - Similar Threads - Hotel Dorm internet

2. XBOX ONE Connecting In Hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Connecting In Hotel: I can connect to the hotel internet and then there are two options (Authenticate Now or Use Alternative MAC). When I click Authenticate Now, it opens a screen that reads "window will close upon...
  3. Xbox One Hotel Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Hotel Wifi: So Im trying to connect to a hotel wifi but I keep running into some issues. Everytime I goto connect(ive tried ethernet and wireless) it tells me there is additional authentication required and i...
  4. Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel: Hello Everyone. I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone. Problem is... the Wi-Fi is unsecured,...
  5. I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and...: I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and I'm not connected 7d73ee99-ec65-4fe2-9618-da9a8ef8125b
  6. Happy to report that Project XCloud works with crappy hotel internet! Console Streaming......

in XboX Insiders
    Happy to report that Project XCloud works with crappy hotel internet! Console Streaming......: [IMG] submitted by /u/JuniorB3vins [link] [comments]
  7. Initial Setup won't work with Hotel's connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Initial Setup won't work with Hotel's connection: I could not connect to my profile so I did what was recommended on the Xbox website, I reset it and now I can't get passed the internet setting, it says cannot connect to the internet for both...
  8. WOW: Connecting from a hotel/requiring visiting their page to input password

in XboX Networking Hardware
    WOW: Connecting from a hotel/requiring visiting their page to input password: WOW (ISPs): Connecting from a hotel/requiring visiting their page to input password Most hotel online agreements are MAC address based once you accept the terms. You can use an alternative MAC...
  9. Playing downloaded nba2k19 on hotel wifi network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing downloaded nba2k19 on hotel wifi network: I downloaded this game on my home wifi network. I tried to play on another wifi network and it wouldn't let me because it was not the account that I downloaded the game on. I am going on a trip...
  10. TRUMP HOTEL ADS ON MICROSOFT FREE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TRUMP HOTEL ADS ON MICROSOFT FREE GAMES: I think that it is despicable that Microsoft is so desperate to take ads from TRUMP hotels. Aiding and abetting the emolliments clause in the constitution. SHAME ON MICROSOFT....