hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....

Discus and support hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account.... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I haven't played on my old xbox gamertag for years, but thought to sign into it to try out Halo infinite. I wanted to remove my old hotmail address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by C_L_M, Dec 28, 2021.

1. C_L_M
    C_L_M Guest

hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....

I haven't played on my old xbox gamertag for years, but thought to sign into it to try out Halo infinite. I wanted to remove my old hotmail address from the microsoft account associated with my gamertag's microsoft account, so i added my current gmail address as the primary email for the MS account, and removed my old hotmail address.
    The issue is, when i sign into microsoft with my gmail account, it's not the same account as the one associated with my gamertag. When i go to to https://www.xbox.com/ and sign in with my gmail, it's a brand new gamertag with 1 halo infinite achievement unlocked, which is from me playing on that auto-generated account before realising it wasn't my old gamertag.

Now if i try to sign into the old hotmail address it says it doesn't exist, but if i try to create a new hotmail address with that same name, it says it already exists.

I don't actually care about the hotmail account; i just want my gamertag / xbox account. Is this something microsoft / xbox support will be able to sort out? I assume my mobile number is still associated with that account, since it wasn't changed.

:)

C_L_M, Dec 28, 2021
  2. dizZzanE Win User

Incorrect email address

the actual email address associate with my gamertag , the one i use to sign into hotmail and recover my gamertag with is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT]
  3. redtropper82 Win User

Want to change email on this gamertag, but it's associated with another gamertag?

Say I want to use Gamertag B and Microsoft account 2 but wanted to keep all the stuff associated with Gamertag A, i.e. gamerscore, downloads, purchases , ect. How could I do that. Kinda same situation got a Nokia Lumia 635 and it gave me a new outlook email
    address and gamertag. old email was hotmail and old gamertag didnt like it.
  4. ZukaBak Win User

How to change email associated with gamertag

You're correct.. you can't add an email address that's ever been associated to a MS account.

I have a similar issue, wanted to move my Gamertag from an old Hotmail account to a newer MS account I have, you basically can't, it's awful.
  5. LoverManAlbo Win User

Transferring my Gamertag to my new hotmail account, even though there is now a Gamertag on my new account???? seriously stressed. lol

hi, sorry. i dont want to change my gamertag. i wish to change the email address my gamertag is associated with...?? any ideas. i want to be able to use my windows 8 hotmail account with my old Gamertag

regards
  6. Double44 Win User

“The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”

I'm trying to re-associate my old Microsoft account (with a Google address) with my current gamertag. I did learn that the old account was indeed associated with a free Silver gamertag for reasons I cannot remember. In order to make the switch to the old
    account, I renamed the old account with a new email address, in hopes that I could somehow reclaim the old address. However when I tried to rename, I received the error: 'email isn't available'. What happened to it? Why can't I reclaim it??? :(
Thema:

1. hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account.... - Similar Threads - hotmail address associated

2. Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1, BOTH Hotmail AND Outlook are Primary for paid services and not mergable. Why, what...: Hello everyone and thank you for reading this post. It comes with some sense of urgency after having just read that apparently Microsoft has decided and it's imminent wisdom to lop off Hotmail or...
  3. Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live: How do I switch from a hotmail email to an outlook email on my account?: I created an xbox live gamer tag a long time ago (around 2009). It is currently associated with a hotmail email account. I have created a new email that is an outlook email account. How can I...
  4. Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity = Deleting Hotmail

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity = Deleting Hotmail: I have a smartphone. I use Hotmail on my smartphone. My smartphone also tunnels through an everchanging VPN. For the last month or two I have been receiving messages: Microsoft account unusual...
  5. Hotmail logging me into the wrong account on minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hotmail logging me into the wrong account on minecraft?: I have no clue what's happened. I want to start by saying I went to minecraft's support first and they told me it's a microsoft acc issue, so here I am. I purchased the java version of the game...
  6. Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can...: I have a live.com email that I mainly use for everything now except my Xbox account. I would like to get that switched for ease of mind. however it says live is a reserved domain and can't be...
  7. Minecraft migration went wrong due to blocked hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft migration went wrong due to blocked hotmail account: Hello, I have migrated my Minecraft account to a new hotmail account. Something went wrong and I cannot recover the new hotmail account. I've tried everything, on line forms and chatting with...
  8. Retrieve my xbox account only which bound to deleted hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Retrieve my xbox account only which bound to deleted hotmail account: 2 3 months ago I removed my hotmail account, but I forget that, I had xbox account bound to it which I'm generally using xbox game pass. I want to retrieve that account to my new e-mail adress....
  9. Hotmail account deleted along with all of my xbox games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hotmail account deleted along with all of my xbox games: I made a Hotmail account somewhere between 2010-2014. don't remember exactly when. I used this account to make my Xbox profile. I got my Xbox in 2014. I upgraded to the Xbox one X in 2017 and I...
  10. Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...: So I recently bought an Xbox 360 just because I wanted to enjoy playing the old games. I signed in with my current account and noticed that I hardly have any achievements and that they're all on...