Hotspot issues with Xbox one

Discus and support Hotspot issues with Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Xbox community, i have a puzzling issue that suddenly happened to my phone's hotspot. I used my hotspot for days without any issues but all of a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A Space Voyager, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hotspot issues with Xbox one

Hi Xbox community, i have a puzzling issue that suddenly happened to my phone's hotspot. I used my hotspot for days without any issues but all of a sudden my hotspot connects yet doesn't have any internet, or i need to unplug my router or IP static it
    tells me. 1.) i have internet, 2.) i cant reset my "router", 3.) I changed my IP address to manual on xbox one so idk.. I can use my hotspot with other devices without any issues but now my xbox one doesn't want to work with it. I don't know if i changed
    something in my settings in my Network. I restarted my xbox and my phone to see if it would help, nothing. Factory reset my xbox one to see if it had some problem, nothing. I even reset the APN on my phone to default yet nothing so i just wanted to see if
    anyone would know why this is happening. Thanks

:)

A Space Voyager, Aug 15, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Voyager,

That could affect the connection if you have a data limit. I would contact your mobile carrier at this point.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

i believe there is a metered internet option - is that selected? it may prevent a mobile connection.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Voyager,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. We recommend disconnecting all wireless on the Xbox also clear alt mac address. To do this go to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings>alt mac address clear and restart. Power down your phone, wait
    a minute then power it on. When you create a hotspot, create a new name for it. Once you create new hotspot then try and reconnect.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. A Space Voyager Win User

[​IMG]
    I
    did exactly as you said and now its telling me this
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there
    A Space Voyager
    !

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Hotspot issues with Xbox one - Similar Threads - Hotspot issues

2. Hotspot for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot for Xbox One: Hey people, I have just moved to a new house where I get a very slow Wifi network. I have a 100 Gb data plan with EE. I am trying to use the internet on my Xbox one using hotspot. But I am never...
  3. Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one isn't connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi For some reason my xbox will not connect to my mobile hotspot. I know there is nothing wrong with it because my laptop can connect to it. I know there is nothing wrong with the xbox...
  4. : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot: : Xbox wont connect to my hotspot Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself. Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If...
  5. Xbox won't connect to mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to mobile hotspot: Hey I have been a loyal microsoft costumer for years now. My Xbox One connects to my phones mobile hotspot at home but it won't work at my grandmother's house. I have WiFi at home know but my...
  6. Open Nat Mobile Hotspot and teredo issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Nat Mobile Hotspot and teredo issues: Trying to make do with a Mobile Hotspot Phone is an Xperia XA2. I can connect it fine, talk to peeps in party chat, send messages. I can download games (not that I am otherwise no data XD)...
  7. Hotspot issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotspot issues: I have a tmobile hotspot i use to play on my xbox one x and for the last week it wont connect to it. I took it to the store and they reset it and connected to the stores internet.. but still wont...
  8. Networking issues with att hotspot.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Networking issues with att hotspot.: im in need of some help. I live where my only internet option is my phone. I use my xbox to connect to the hotspot to game on and watch Netflix/Amazon prime. This has worked ok for years but just...
  9. Issues connecting to phone hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues connecting to phone hotspot: In my home, we have 3 Xbones, 2 360s, 3 cell phones, and 1 tablet. Everything will connect to my home internet. But I live in the boondocks and only have ATT, which gives me 1 mbps upload. When I...
  10. hotspot connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    hotspot connection issues: I have a hotspot that has been working fine for years, but suddenly over the last several weeks I've not been able to connect to xbox live. I've done all the obvious stuff, resets of the...