How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ...

Discus and support How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For starters - I tried to remove an older credit card from a financial institution I no longer bank at. Fails because it's currently being used for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChadSiefert, Jun 6, 2014.

1. ChadSiefert
    ChadSiefert Guest

How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ...

For starters - I tried to remove an older credit card from a financial institution I no longer bank at. Fails because it's currently being used for subscriptions. OK - that makes sense. Go add a new card and switch the subscriptions over. Easy right?
    Wrong.

I went and added a new credit card in the "Payment & Billing - > Manage Payment Options" section. Works great.

Now I go to the "Subscriptions" section and click on the credit card being used for the subscription thinking that I'd see the card I just added as an option to switch to. Nope. OK - I can "add a new payment method" though so let's go ahead and do that.
    What - that payment method already exists? I just added it so not really surprising but this is starting to get a little frustrating.

OK - back to the "Payment & Billing -> Manage Payment Options" section. Delete the card I just added. Done.

Back to "Subscriptions" section and click on the credit card being used for the subscription. "Add a new payment method". Done - awesome!!! Now to fix up that other pesky subscription that is still using the old card. Whoops...absolutely NO way to do
    this.

So - what's a guy to do. Well - according to this forum http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/12/t/19164.aspx the suggestion is to call support. Seriously??? Why would you offer a payment and billing web site if you were
    going to screw it up this badly? I'm going to make a phone call now to make a very simple change that I should have been able to do online. Frustrating. Annoying. Disappointing. I'm sure there are a hundred rational explanations for why this sucks so
    badly but instead of coming up with excuses please just fix the issue.

:)

ChadSiefert, Jun 6, 2014
  2. xNickRAGEx
    xNickRAGEx Guest
    Enforcement end

can we please make this whole process simple and be notified of an extension through email or the website, or should we keep having support tell us to use a website that clearly doesn't help?

xNickRAGEx, Jun 6, 2014
  3. xNickRAGEx
    xNickRAGEx Guest
    Enforcement end

Or all of the "support" here could stop copy/pasting the same useless talking points on hand?

xNickRAGEx, Jun 6, 2014
  4. fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Guest

I think you can do it from commerce.microsoft.com by going to the subscription and using the manage option. It's stupid how obscure the options are though.

fredgiblet, Jun 6, 2014
  5. fredgiblet Win User

How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common changes? That'll frustrate people to no end!!!

I think you can do it from commerce.microsoft.com by going to the subscription and using the manage option. It's stupid how obscure the options are though.
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option.

Hey Killer! Sorry to hear about the billing troubles.

I would start by making sure the billing address on your Xbox LIVE account matches the billing address on your credit card.

Here is our Xbox LIVE Payment support article if you have any questions on that.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!
  7. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem

Hey Gasps thanks for the feedback!

To Manage the Payment Options on the Microsoft account simply sign in and go to the

Payment and Billing
    section. We suggest taking that wonderful idea to our
    Xbox Ideas page
    so we can better our services overall. Give it a shot and let us know if we can further assist in this or any other issue or inquiry!
  8. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Can anyone help me fix billing address bug

Hi Goatlife,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand that you are trying to add another billing option, however, it is not working properly and provides the old address and zip code. Please try going to

Payment & Billing
    on our website and check to see if it will allow you to update the information there.

Thank you and let us know how it goes :)
  9. ngocphi Win User

one time payment option

thats to avoid issues with payment options

remeber this is a subscription service not a pay as you go when you purchase a subscription via creditcard if you want pay as you go yoiu can simply buy a prepaid membership cards

it is not hoops but a simple terms that is common among services

you must maintain credit info while using a billing account

this is clearly stated in section 6

if you want to remove your creditcard it is simple follow section 6

cancel your billing account and be credited with a prepaid account

but unlike most services you don't have to call to turn off autorenewal
Thema:

1. How about we make a Payment and Billing section on our website not support simple, common ... - Similar Threads - Payment Billing section

2. Pago y facturacion [Translate] Payment and billing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pago y facturacion [Translate] Payment and billing: Hola disculpen lo que pasa que no puedo quitar mi tarjeta por un adeudo de gold y meti dinero a microsoft con tarjeta de prepago para ver si se resolveria pero no quiere llame a soporte y me dijo...
  3. Payment And Billing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Payment And Billing: bought a complementary article for gears of war 4 and they charged me the price of two 9ad93899-3166-4c27-ae56-c34ec9ee2fc8
  4. Payment, Billing, and [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Payment, Billing, and [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] Customer Service: My son recently was billed for Xbox Live Gold without either of our consent and now has a negative balance of 24.99 on his account. I called customer service to get this issue sorted out. When I...
  5. Billing payment option issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing payment option issue: I am trying to use bill to mobile as a payment option in xbox store, I select Verizon and enter my number and it gives me an error saying "something went wrong try back later". Microsoft support...
  6. Payment And billing,it does not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Payment And billing,it does not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate: do not let me buy the xbox game pass ultimate, at the time of making the purchase tells me that the information on the card is incorrect or that the bank has not been able to authorize this method...
  7. Billing and payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing and payment: Hey so i wanted to adress this. So i claimed the five dollar gift card from microsoft and tried to get a mgs thing, but tax screwed me over. Now i am trying to figure out how to use my debit/gift...
  8. Payment and billing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Payment and billing: I went on the section where it states add payment option. I put in my bank details. But for some reason, it keeps saying that my bank details are incorect even though they are corect. How can i...
  9. Billing and payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing and payment: I cannot purchase any games or apps from windows store on xbox as it asks for Visa and other international cards..there is no option for local debit cards Is there any way to purchase using the...
  10. Payement et facturations (Payment and billing)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Payement et facturations (Payment and billing): salut, aujourd’hui j’ai acheter une carte xbox de 15$ pour m’abonner pour 1 mois de xbox live mais sa fonctionne pas car ca dit que je n’est effectuer le payement du mois passer alors que j’ai...