how can a child play games when parent not signed in

Discus and support how can a child play games when parent not signed in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm feeling really old here. I want my kid to be able to play Minecraft and etc. without my having to be singed in. If I'm signed in, he can switch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by theopolis007, Mar 21, 2020.

1. theopolis007
    theopolis007 Guest

I'm feeling really old here. I want my kid to be able to play Minecraft and etc. without my having to be singed in. If I'm signed in, he can switch profiles and use my access right? I'm sure there's something simple that I'm missing. I just want kids to
    be able to play games on the xbox.

:)

theopolis007, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi theopolis007,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. theopolis007 Win User

Thanks! I got a hold of a nephew that told me the same, we’re in business! Thanks again!
  5. XBF George L Win User

XBox One Time Limits not working

Thanks for the replies!

So when your son is able to sign into the account on the days that it is set to blocked is it possible that there is also an adult account signed in even though its not being used. If a parental account is signed in at the same time as the child account
    then it assumes that the child account has permission since they are playing together. If the child has figured this out you can Set up a Passkey
    to prevent the parental account from being signed in.

A passkey protects against a child signing in as the parent and overriding parental controls. A personal passkey prevents a child from simply clicking on the parent’s picture, signing in as the parent, and changing the child’s otherwise
    parentally controlled settings.
  6. FoodStampsz Win User

cant play my game

*Go to My Xbox, and open your profile.

*Select Manage Account.

*Select Promote Child Account.

*Follow the required steps.

If the "Child" account is NOT at least 18 years old then this is how to modify the Parental Control settings (Note: You can NOT completely disable Parental Controls, games that have ratings above the necessary age can NOT be downloaded on the "Child "account):-

*Sign in using the "Child" account's Live email address and password.

*Click on the gamertag in the upper right hand corner of the site.

*Click the Manage Profile button.

*Under the Gamer Profile heading, choose "Family Settings".

*It will now ask to sign in as the "Parent" account.

*After signing in, you can change the Parental Control limitations.

*When done, click the save button at the bottom of the page.
Thema:

1. how can a child play games when parent not signed in - Similar Threads - child play games

2. Have already installed a game on xbox1 but my child broke the disk. Any way I can still play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have already installed a game on xbox1 but my child broke the disk. Any way I can still play?: Have already installed a game on xbox1 but my child broke the disk. Anyway I can still play? 19f6862d-f154-4dd3-9450-d1a5fcdce29a
  3. letting my child play online on battlefield 1 and other EA games

in XBoX Accessibility
    letting my child play online on battlefield 1 and other EA games: my son says when he tries to go online on battlefield 1 the game tells him that hes not old enough but i have gone into the family settings and let him play 18 rated games...
  4. Can't play multiplayer games on child account when we've got an Xbox live subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play multiplayer games on child account when we've got an Xbox live subscription: I've just made a child account and my dad has an adult account we have a gold subscription. When I try and play Fortnite a multiplayer game it sais it's a user generated problem and it sais change...
  5. Hello there! Have a problem - a child was playing XBOX and somehow bought 2 games,

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hello there! Have a problem - a child was playing XBOX and somehow bought 2 games,: The child has bought two games in XBOX live (credit card was assigned to the profile and did not ask for verification code). The games were not even downloaded. How can I decline these operations...
  6. Child wants to play my minecraft and other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child wants to play my minecraft and other games: Hoping someone can help me. I have a xbox one and am able to let my kid play my games on her own gamertag using the home xbox option. My problem is that she has my old 360 in her room and she...
  7. Child Account cannot play downloaded game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child Account cannot play downloaded game?: Got a new Xbox One for Xmas. Came with a free download of Ori and the Blind Forest. Setup a Parent account and a child account on xbox live. Linked the child account through family function....
  8. Unable to grant child permission to play game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to grant child permission to play game: When my child tries to play a game, the permission box comes up saying I need to grant them permission in order to play the game. I select my gamertag, and press "A" and my Xbox immediately pops...
  9. Allow a 'child' access to the internet to play games on line

in XBoX on Consoles
    Allow a 'child' access to the internet to play games on line: I have two grandchildren who live together approx 30 miles away from me. They have an xbox 360 which they have played on line with friends. At Christmas they got an xbox 1. I am the 'adult' of our...
  10. Xbox One with Live, Child Account unable to play online games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One with Live, Child Account unable to play online games: Both of the child accounts I have on my Xbox One are unable to join online games. I searched the forums, but can't figure out why. I granted them specific access in the child account settings,...