How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

Discus and support How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So, I changed my gamertag, and i thought that minecraft was using new gamertag system so i didn't customize classic gamertag, but minecraft using old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by MochaChalice497, Apr 4, 2021.

1. How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

So, I changed my gamertag, and i thought that minecraft was using new gamertag system so i didn't customize classic gamertag, but minecraft using old gamertag system... And now I got a gamertag with numbers at the end. Is there way to change it without changing gamer tag for all systems?

:)

MochaChalice497, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Sparks0267 Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

So you said I can change my classic gamertag. How do I change that after already changing my gamertag or do I have to change my entire gamertag again to change the classic one?
  3. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Hi,

You cannot change the suffix that was added to your gamertag. If you'd like to change how the classic gametag appears for locations that don't support modern gamertags, you can se the "Customize classic gamertag" option when reserving your gamertag.
    NOTE: A suffix is added when that exact gamertag is already registered. If you enter a unique gamertag, no suffix will be added.

Thanks
  4. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
  5. Megumin9902 Win User

Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to change
    the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
  6. MRallamagoosa Win User

Want to change Classic Gamertqg but not Gamertag with the #

Thank you for replying! I noticed that i have to pay and im fine with it, but i am fine with the gamertag i have currently ( the one with the discord #) and i just want to change the classic gamertag ( the one that shows in game) but in order to
    change the classic one i have to choose a new gamertag ( with the #) but i dont want to do that, i tried retyping the one im already using but it says i own it and u cant change it.
    Well, if I understood you well, the thing is you are considering the two gamertags as something different, but at the end you only have one, not two, so you cannot change "only one". How the gamertag shows in game depends on how the new GT# system
    has been managed by developers anyway (not all games are doing the same right now).

So the one you call GT# is actually the only gamertag you have and can manage/change. How it shows in game and everywhere else, for the time being and untill all systems/applications are aligned to the new system, really depends on how it was implemented
    in that specific case.
Thema:

How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

1. How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag - Similar Threads - change customize classic

2. I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag but did not notice the "customize" text for random number,help!: Hi sorry for my bad english, I changed my gamertag for forza horizon 4 , but i did not notice the customize text in front of the name.I want to delete that number but i can't do it.I looked at...
  3. Apparently it's impossible to change my profile picture to something custom in the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Apparently it's impossible to change my profile picture to something custom in the Xbox...: According to console companion I'm "too young" to have a custom profile picture despite my age being clearly specified as 18+. I've tried restarting my laptop, changing permissions on the Xbox...
  4. How do you change your profile picture to a custom one on the website and not the app on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you change your profile picture to a custom one on the website and not the app on...: Not a super bad thing but, I tried changing my profile picture on the website since my phone is dead and it does not give me a custom option. [img] 753738ae-63fd-4239-a434-7b2168821389
  5. Uploading a custom gamerpic isn't an option on the newly updated xbox app, and changing my...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Uploading a custom gamerpic isn't an option on the newly updated xbox app, and changing my...: I want to upload a custom gamerpic, but the only place where it's an actual option is on the xbox itself. I can't change it at all on the smartphone app, editing my profile isn't an option on...
  6. Does xbox get in contact with their customers about the changes they make BEFORE they make...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Does xbox get in contact with their customers about the changes they make BEFORE they make...: The new xbox app update looks appealing but the features it offers are terrible. All of my friends in the chat have "unblock user" under their profile. Also, taking away the ability to send...
  7. Changing gamerpic to a custom picture

in XBoX on Mobile
    Changing gamerpic to a custom picture: With the update to the mobile app it seemingly doesn't let you change it to a custom image anymore, I don't have any usb sticks and don't want to go buy one just to change my picture. The OneDrive...
  8. Still cant change custom gamer picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Still cant change custom gamer picture: I try to change my gamer picture on the beta app due to the custom gamer pics being back up and it still dosent allow me to change it... Anyone know why? I asked a support person and they said it...
  9. Cant change to a custom gamer pic

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cant change to a custom gamer pic: I cant change my gamer pic to a custom picture and every time I try it just makes me try again and says try again in a little while but I've tried for days and it doesnt work but it works for my...
  10. Why can’t I change my profile picture customly yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I change my profile picture customly yet?: Hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone knew when we can change our custom profile pictures again? And why we cant right now? 4f377179-fc3e-4b46-a9bd-96bba4f5016c