How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth

Discus and support How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShylahSimms, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ShylahSimms
    ShylahSimms Guest

So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I connected the controller via Bluetooth, and it connected. When I tried to use the controller in a game, it didn't
    do anything although the device said that the controller is connected. I have watched numerous videos and looked up many guides on how to connect the controller. I did all of the steps, but the controller wont work in the game.

I would use a windows adaptor, but the surface go only has a USB-C port. I have read that a controller will only connect via Bluetooth with the Windows 10 anniversary edition. I know my device is a windows 10 pro version 1903. I don't know if I need to or
    am able to do anything about this.

I am fine with using the controller wired. Would it work with a micro USB to USB-C cable? I would really prefer to use the controller wireless, but I don't know if there is a way or how to do that.

:)

ShylahSimms, Jul 24, 2019
  2. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  3. Niikoe Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

I'm running into this issue too. I can pair my series 2 controller with my PC via bluetooth and it works fine. However, as soon as I use the usb cable and plug it into my PC, like if I wanted to charge it while playing, it works fine. Unfortunately if I
    then unplug from the USB cable, the controller no longer pairs via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device in Windows bluetooth settings, then re-pair it like it's the first time I've ever done it.

It's like by connecting via USB resets the controllers memory of connecting via bluetooth or something. Quite annoying.

I also agree, we should be able to configure the controller wirelessly somehow. Whether it be via some new dongle thing or preferably via bluetooth.
  4. MASTER BOSS 077 Win User

Xbox One controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

Hello so I have a very specific problem.

My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC via Bluetooth anymore, it used to work however.

The controller will connect to my laptop with windows 10 and it also works when connect to an Xbox One.

My friends controllers can connect to my PC no problem.

In my Bluetooth listed devices it says "xbox one controller: paired" it never connects though, and when I "remove device" it does remove but whenever I restart my PC it comes back listed as "paired". It doesn't connect whether I click remove device and
    it's no longer listed or try after restarting and it's listed as paired.

When going to add new device it never gets picked up, but as I said it can pick up other Xbox controllers and they can connect and work no problem.

My Xbox One controller also works when connected via a wired connection.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, nothing has changed.

There is something strange going on between the connection of my controller and my PC via Bluetooth and I don't know how to fix it. Again the controller works on my laptop and xbox and other controllers work on my PC, it is specific to my controller connecting
    to my PC.

I'm not 100% sure what happened but it happened on a day I was playing Xbox One and games on my PC and I think I might have clicked "remove device" while trying to connect it back to the Bluetooth because it was taking a while to pick it up and I wanted to
    make sure it was going to get picked up by the PC since it was paired with the Xbox at the time. I don't remember the specifics of what happened but I think it was something along those lines and ever since then it hasn't worked.
    You must check your controller generation to see whether it has blutooth enables or not.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Pad XBOX ONE S Windows 10

Hi Diabelnyy,

Unfortunately it's not possible to connect your headset via Bluetooth, unless your headset or headphones have built in Bluetooth. If the headset's are Bluetooth capable, then you would need to set them up via your PC's Bluetooth settings, but I'm not sure
    if you can have multiple devices connected via Bluetooth at the same time.

You would need to directly connect the headset to your PC via the 3.5 mm audio port. Connecting into the controller will not work unless you are playing on an Xbox One console.

The Xbox wireless controller adapter for PC will not work in trying to connect a headset via Bluetooth.
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

xbox one controller for pc, adapter or bluetooth?

Hey GiddyCosine4817!

As Geth mentioned, Bluetooth connection to a Windows 10 device will work just fine for Xbox One controllers, depending on the model of the controller. Certain older Xbox One controllers do not support Bluetooth connections.

If you need help determining if your controller can connect via Bluetooth, check out the info under "Option 3" in our guide for

how to connect an Xbox One wireless controller to a Windows PC
Thema:

1. How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth - Similar Threads - connect controller via

2. Xbox One Controller Doesn't Connect via Bluetooth to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Doesn't Connect via Bluetooth to Windows 10 PC: I have been using my Xbox One controller for gaming on my PC via Bluetooth, however now (post-update) it appears at first just "Input" then after a few seconds it says Xbox Wireless Controller. I...
  3. Can I connect my xbox wireless (non Bluetooth) 2013 controller to my android via cable?

in XboX Insiders
    Can I connect my xbox wireless (non Bluetooth) 2013 controller to my android via cable?: Hi guys, I have ultimate and wanted to check out the xcloud game service but unfortunately i have the old xbox controllers from 2013 which don't support Bluetooth so i thought i could buy a micro...
  4. Windows Can't Control Volume of an Xbox Headset Connected via Xbox Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Can't Control Volume of an Xbox Headset Connected via Xbox Wireless Adapter: Hi! So I recently made a partial switch from Xbox to PC, and brought my Razer Thresher headset with me: (https://support.razer.com/gaming-headsets-and-audio/razer-thresher-for-xbox-one/) I use...
  5. xbox one controller wont connect via bluetooth/usb cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one controller wont connect via bluetooth/usb cable: i have two controllers one white and one black, the black one cant conect via bluetooth only with usb, when im trying to connect it with bluetooth the button on the controller works fine but when...
  6. My new xbox one controller is coming up as "input" when trying to connect it to my pc via...

in XBoX on Windows
    My new xbox one controller is coming up as "input" when trying to connect it to my pc via...: Just bought a new xbox one controller today with a new bluetooth adapter, which is supposed to be universal. Ive looked up online how to connect it to my computer, but when searching for the...
  7. playing while the controller is connected via wire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing while the controller is connected via wire: Hi guys, I have bought an Xbox one x recently. somebody told me don't play while connecting the controller with wire to the device. It is going to damage your device ... is it true?..... Dose...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc: While it works just fine with the Xbox, It will not work on pc what so ever. Will not show up under bluetooth and when plugged in Windows 10 1909 will does not recognize the device. Giving the...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc: While it works just fine with the Xbox, It will not work on pc what so ever. Will not show up under bluetooth and when plugged in Windows 10 1909 will does not recognize the device. Giving the...
  10. Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller: i cannot connect my earphone via the headphone jack when controller is through Bluetooth I can seem to find it and use it on the taskbar where speakers/headphones are only when I use a micro usb...