How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth

Discus and support How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShylahSimms, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ShylahSimms
    ShylahSimms Guest

So I just got a Surface Go and a new Xbox wireless controller. This is my first pc and xbox controller, so I don't know much about this stuff. I connected the controller via Bluetooth, and it connected. When I tried to use the controller in a game, it didn't
    do anything although the device said that the controller is connected. I have watched numerous videos and looked up many guides on how to connect the controller. I did all of the steps, but the controller wont work in the game.

I would use a windows adaptor, but the surface go only has a USB-C port. I have read that a controller will only connect via Bluetooth with the Windows 10 anniversary edition. I know my device is a windows 10 pro version 1903. I don't know if I need to or
    am able to do anything about this.

I am fine with using the controller wired. Would it work with a micro USB to USB-C cable? I would really prefer to use the controller wireless, but I don't know if there is a way or how to do that.

:)

ShylahSimms, Jul 24, 2019
  2. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Pad XBOX ONE S Windows 10

Hi Diabelnyy,

Unfortunately it's not possible to connect your headset via Bluetooth, unless your headset or headphones have built in Bluetooth. If the headset's are Bluetooth capable, then you would need to set them up via your PC's Bluetooth settings, but I'm not sure
    if you can have multiple devices connected via Bluetooth at the same time.

You would need to directly connect the headset to your PC via the 3.5 mm audio port. Connecting into the controller will not work unless you are playing on an Xbox One console.

The Xbox wireless controller adapter for PC will not work in trying to connect a headset via Bluetooth.
  4. Mister Quasar Win User

xbox one controller for pc, adapter or bluetooth?

Hey GiddyCosine4817!

As Geth mentioned, Bluetooth connection to a Windows 10 device will work just fine for Xbox One controllers, depending on the model of the controller. Certain older Xbox One controllers do not support Bluetooth connections.

If you need help determining if your controller can connect via Bluetooth, check out the info under "Option 3" in our guide for

how to connect an Xbox One wireless controller to a Windows PC
  5. planetchampion Win User

Xbox One controller not working on Forza Horizon 4

My Xbox One controller which is connected via Bluetooth is sometimes unresponsive in Forza Horizon 4 but opens the Xbox on Windows menu when I press the Xbox button. I have tried rebooting my PC and made sure all my drivers are up to date.
    I have also troubleshooted the Bluetooth on my PC and updated the controller.
    I would never use bluetooth controllers I was on forza today it works for me maybe it's your controller
  6. IPleadTheF1fth Win User

Xbox One Controller PC

I have a similar issue with the XBox Controller S (Bluetooth One)

I have to resync it to my computer via Bluetooth whenever I charge it, It doesn't matter if I use my PC or a regular outlet to charge my controller whenever I unplug it the light starts flashing and I have to resync it via Bluetooth.

There is no option to "Connect" either I have to delete the XBController profile and then repair it to my computer in order to use it again and it's really getting on my last nerve.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?
Thema:

1. How can I connect my Xbox controller to my PC via bluetooth - Similar Threads - connect controller via

2. cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB: i cant connect xbox 360 controller to my laptop via USB, the wire is new and it works on Xbox 360 console and i have the latest windows 10 installed (1903). i have tried methods in xbox site but...
  3. Подключение геймпада через ресивер к ноутбуку [Translate] Connect the controller via a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Подключение геймпада через ресивер к ноутбуку [Translate] Connect the controller via a...: Здравствуйте, у меня не получается подключить беспроводной геймпад к ноутбуку через ресивер. При этом сам ноутбук как будто видит ресивер, но как средство управления, при этом лампочка мигает, а...
  4. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any...
  5. Xbox One Controller is not connecting to windows 10 PC via bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller is not connecting to windows 10 PC via bluetooth: So recently I purchased an Xbox one controller (black) from Amazon for playing games on my windows 10 PC but I am unable to make them connect in a wireless manner . Connecting via USB is fine. So...
  6. Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Won't Connect via Bluetooth to PC: Hi I'm using the new bluetooth model Xbox One controller but it won't connect via Bluetooth to my PC. It was working for me for quite a while and one day it lost sync, when I tried to resync it...
  7. Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB): Hello, Accessories app is not available in windows store and i can't use the Elite controller because of it (detected as normal xbox controller), [img] Can you please help, Thanks...
  8. When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working

in XBoX on Mobile
    When I connect my Xbox one S controller to my phone via Bluetooth the wifi stops working: My device's model number is PSP7501DUO I'm running Android 6.0. So basically when for example I want to use my Xbox One S controller for navigating the Google play store I can't because it shows...
  9. Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth): I've been using my Xbox One S Controller with my Windows 10 PC for about a month using bluetooth and it worked pretty good up till recently. When I turn on the controller's discovery mode, my PC...
  10. Connecting TWO Xbox One S controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting TWO Xbox One S controller to a Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth: Was hoping someone could tell me if there is still a problem with connecting more than one Xbox One S controller via Bluetooth is a Windows 10 pc? The only article I could find was at ShackNews...