How can I get a code back after an error in redeeming it occurred?

Discus and support How can I get a code back after an error in redeeming it occurred? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, this afternoon I tried to redeem a 14 days free xbox live code (in bundle with my Xbox One X) using my account on the official xbox site. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Rain ITA, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Rain ITA
    Rain ITA Guest

Hello, this afternoon I tried to redeem a 14 days free xbox live code (in bundle with my Xbox One X) using my account on the official xbox site.

I was showed a warning that the code corresponds to Office 365 Home or Office 365 Enterprise (both written in red, with the option to choose one of them), with the clear indication (in yellow) that if the code was intended for the Xbox I should use it on
    the console.

But when I followed this guidance, all I got was a message that it has already been used.

I then used a second code I had (in bundle with a new gamepad) and everything went OK.

Later on I got in touch with Xbox Support so to have explanations on what happened and to ask for a replacing working code.

After a chat with a very professional and competent support agentit came out that the fisrst code had been actually redeemed on the first attempt and then overwritten by the second one...

Honestly, I think that this is lack of proper communication, if it was valid since the beginning why on earth I was showed those messages?

And, to tell the truth, I simply followed the advice, without checking if I was already in the "grace period" (why would I? The system gave me clear indications on how to proceed).

How this issue could be fixed?

:)

Rain ITA, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Support would be the only ones who could possibly do anything, so you would have to try contacting them again, but generally once a code has been redeemed there is no way to get it back. For future reference, anytime you get a message that the code has
    already been redeemed in a situation like that, you can verify it was redeemed at http://commerce.microsoft.com
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

Sometimes there are errors in displaying redemption of the code. Trials can only be activated one at a time like you learned. I would always check the redemption like previous poster said.
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Predator avatar Promotion code not working

5. TigerSanta Win User

Requesting a replacement code for Tekken 6

Hey there!

Are you getting an error message when you try to redeem? If so, please post back with the error code that you received so we can further assist. Error codes will look similar to either XBOS-0000 or 0x00000000.

Keep us posted! :)
    it tell me i can't redeem the code because of the language, and when i tried to redeem it in the website it told the code is already redeemed
  6. FreakRoach Win User

Fable 3 DLC Download HELP

Are you getting any error while trying to install the game? Is the error during redeeming the codes, or after redeeming them?
Thema:

1. How can I get a code back after an error in redeeming it occurred? - Similar Threads - code error redeeming

2. ERROR trying to REDEEM gears of war 5 rock star energy skins with codes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    ERROR trying to REDEEM gears of war 5 rock star energy skins with codes: so gears of war 5 has a promotion with rockstar energy drinks where you can get weapon skins and supply drops and free xbox live and game pass trials. ive done all the steps necessary but when i...
  3. Error Code "OfferNotFound" when trying to redeem "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code "OfferNotFound" when trying to redeem "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC: I’ve bought a new and sealed (physical) copy of Batman Arkham Origins for Xbox 360. It came with many different download codes and unfortunately two of them aren’t working. When I try to redeem...
  4. Can't redeem a 12 month live code without the error: PUR-UnknownInternalFailure...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't redeem a 12 month live code without the error: PUR-UnknownInternalFailure...: I get this error both on the Xbox and on my PC. The last code I entered was a 14 day Live trial code, but there doesn't seem to even be any record of that in my Microsoft account....
  5. Redeem code error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeem code error: Redeem code some numberhas faded 8159a734-0a85-45e0-9245-df662c80f88c
  6. redeem code error

in XBoX on Consoles
    redeem code error: I am trying to redeem an xbox live code but get an error message "This code is not yet active. Contact the merchant to activate this code" 65287ae0-bb64-46d6-85fe-e0fd1f9a3f77
  7. Error while trying to redeem a code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error while trying to redeem a code: Hello, I have been trying to redeem my gold code and other such codes for the past week and a half, but everytime i select the redeem a code from the Xbox one store I get an error which reads:...
  8. error al canjear un código [Translation: Failed to redeem a code]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    error al canjear un código [Translation: Failed to redeem a code]: Hola, buenas tardes. Les escribo debido a que mi hermano me regaló vía xbox un juego y al intentar canjear dicho código me salta el siguiente error: Póngase en contacto con el vendedor para...
  9. Error redeeming a Gears of War 3 code for XBOX ONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error redeeming a Gears of War 3 code for XBOX ONE: Buy the game Gears of War 4 where were the codes for the games of the saga, when trying to exchange the Gears of War 3 there is an error of change of region as well as upss something bad on our...
  10. Minecraft Code Already Redeemed Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Code Already Redeemed Error: So I'm trying to install MC for Windows 10, and since I already have the Java Edition I get a free code for the Windows 10 version. However, when I go to redeem it, the code I've been given by...