how can i get my gamertag back?

Discus and support how can i get my gamertag back? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i file shared with a friend and it changed my gamertag! im wondering how to get it back to the way it was 71e0865a-7357-4ed4-995f-c8a1721ce0e6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nickstanton2, Aug 29, 2019.

1. nickstanton2
    nickstanton2 Guest

i file shared with a friend and it changed my gamertag! im wondering how to get it back to the way it was

:)

nickstanton2, Aug 29, 2019
  2. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Hi,

You need to pay for a new gamertag you can't change your gamertag for free or you can contact support on this issue
  3. denis97g Win User

I'm not sure you'll be able to, but you can try to contact support
    support.xbox.com
  4. Flymonkey102 Win User

Also keep in mind even if you can change the tag you might not get the tag back. If your friend changed your tag I would recommend to not game share.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi nickstanton2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. In relation to any changes made to a Gamertag, if you've already used your initial complimentary change, then any further changes made would need to purchased. This means that even if you were
    game sharing with someone and they made the change, in order to change the Gamertag to something different you would need to pay the fee (which varies by region). Please also bear in mind that when game sharing, your profile need not be logged in and that
    you should never share your password with anyone in order to keep your account safe.

How to change your Xbox gamertag

Gamertag update FAQ

To prevent occurrences like this in future, I recommend that you create a passkey on your accountso that any further changes to your account cannot be made. Here are a couple of support articles that you may find useful for keeping your account safe when
    game sharing:

Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console

Create an Xbox One passkey

I hope that this information helps you out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

How can I change my gamertag?

You would not be able to choose your new tag without paying if that`s what your asking, Even if they did issue a forced change, they would give you a randomly generated tag.
Thema:

1. how can i get my gamertag back? - Similar Threads - gamertag

2. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamertag: Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad...
  3. Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag: Cambie mi gamertag nunca coloque numero y me salio NYarko#5182 solo quiero el nombre q.q además el cambio lo hize ahora cobran por cambiar el tag. Translation: Change my gamertag never put...
  4. Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]: Bonjour , je souhaiterais changer de Gamertag mais quand je veux le changer il est écrit que j'ai déj utilisé mon changement gratuit , hors je n'ai pas souvenir d'avoir déj changé mon pseudo ,...
  5. Gamertag displays random name

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag displays random name: Hi, I have set up an Xbox Profile to play Gears 5 on Steam, but each time I tried to register I have been allocated a completely random name. How can I change that? Thanks....
  6. problem with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with gamertag: good day I have a ploblem with the gamertag of my account. change it by paying the corresponding amount. the current one was updated correctly in my profile: Arg Luzifer but when entering the...
  7. Cannot change gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change gamertag: I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the gamertag I used is replaced by a random one. I go...
  8. Invisible gamertags in party [beta ring](create a party then hover then un-hover over your...

in XboX Insiders
    Invisible gamertags in party [beta ring](create a party then hover then un-hover over your...: [IMG] submitted by /u/RagPlayz [link] [comments]
  9. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  10. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...