How can I get the mic on my headset to work

Discus and support How can I get the mic on my headset to work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How can I get the mic on my headset to work.. I can hear everyone in the party, but they cannot hear me. It is a brand new Astro headset, is there a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by scatboi614, Apr 26, 2020.

1. scatboi614
    scatboi614 Guest

How can I get the mic on my headset to work.. I can hear everyone in the party, but they cannot hear me. It is a brand new Astro headset, is there a setting that I need to switch?

:)

scatboi614, Apr 26, 2020
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Check your NAT under settings. If it is strict or moderate it may prevent them from hearing you. You need your NAT to be open. Resetting the router can fix that.

Whenever this issue happens to my son, it's what we do and it fixes it.
  3. Davis_8 Win User

Have you tried using the headset with another controller? Another thing to check is if it is fully plugged in by removing it and pushing it back in again. I would personally use another controller to test out to see if maybe it is not the controller.
  4. RENZ0-45FF73BA-F942- Win User

The original Tritton Ax Pro (True DD 5.1)

Hey man, I have the same headset. I can get it to work just fine for sound, but have not found a way to get the mic to work as there is nothing for it to plug into. Are you using it for just sound and no mic? if you are using the mic, let me know how you
    plugged it into the xone controller
  5. Pleasure Master Win User

Audio technica ATH-AG1

Ok, headset works, the sound is absolutely brilliant, the MIC is clear as a bell..

Sound stage is amazing, headset is comfortable, it all works really well.

My only gripe is the lack of mic monitoring and I'm not sure if this is a headset thing or an XB1 thing..

If this can get sorted, then I think we'll have a contender for best headset ever..
  6. T0PP HATT Win User

Turtle Beach / XboxOne question....

Sorry bout that, but yes, you can use the headsets without the mic...I thought you were talking bout the mic...but yeah all headsets that have the optical output will work with the xbox one. It's just that the mics won't work and I posted a link showing
    how to fix the mic...

Sorry for misunderstanding you there....
Thema:

1. How can I get the mic on my headset to work - Similar Threads - mic headset

2. Wireless headset works but Xbox one doesn’t recognize the mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset works but Xbox one doesn’t recognize the mic.: Can anyone help me with a headset mic issue? I just bought the Turtle beach stealth 700 for xbox one. I paired it and the Xbox recognized that it was paired. I followed the instructions given. I...
  3. Alpha skip ahead headset not connecting/ mic not found

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead headset not connecting/ mic not found: I have the rig wireless headset and for some reason it won’t connect / be recognized by the system to use. submitted by /u/Madmexican87 [link] [comments]
  4. xbox headset my mic is faulty

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox headset my mic is faulty: only had less than 6o days cant register it as doesn't see the serial number as it has letters and is unusable and I'm in UK and dont get help from where I bought it they advise go through...
  5. Headset com audio sem microfone na partida / Headset with audio but no mic during game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset com audio sem microfone na partida / Headset with audio but no mic during game: Olá. Tenho um XBOX One S e meu headset é um HyperX Cloud Stinger 2. Consigo ouvir bem, mas o microfone não funciona quando entro nas partidas. Quando eu crio um grupo, percebo que o microfone...
  6. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  7. Xbox headset adapter- Mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset adapter- Mic not working: Got a headset adapter, sound works but my mic doesnt work through headphones, but when i press the volume buttons on headphones it seems to pick up the clicking sound. Controller is up to date...
  8. Headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic not working: Hi, on my headset i can hear everyone in a party but my nobody can hear me. My controller has been updated, is not on mute, console has been reset etc. Please advise!...
  9. Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work: I’ve tried to play game such as Fortnite with my friends (they have Nintendo Switch and PC) on my laptop in streming per App Xbox Companion. I play with headset connected to my Xbox Controller...
  10. Xbox one stereo headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset mic not working: I have been having an issue with my mic not picking my voice up when im in a game lobby or a party. It shows the mic is connected and I can hear just fine and i know the mic works from making...